Back 11 months today!

Old May 1st 2014, 9:28 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back 11 months today!

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Hello missus! Just got back from walking my sister's dog with my Mum over the fields, lovely sunny arvo, baby lambs in the fields was fantastic

I like living here but I just like the look of cheaper housing up north, there seems to be a lot more going on plus more open spaces - and less traffic lol! Still I'm not ready for any more upheaval right now so I'll stay put and see what transpires - you never know what's around the corner

Funny thing I was in Tescos this morning and saw some Phish Food ice cream - made me think of you ha ha! Glad things are going well for you too, hope your family are settling back in as well x
Yep it's gorgeous here when the suns out. We have meadows behind our house which is great for dog walking and just time to myself when needed. Like you I suffer with depression and although it's lifted a lot since being home, I still have days that for no particular reason I just feel down.

Ha ha I lurve Phish Food!
Old May 1st 2014, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have enough thumbs for this thread! Awesome update Miss Betty, and you're right, time flies! It's been just over a year for me now, seems like five minutes. All the best for the next year!

Old May 1st 2014, 9:57 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Yep it's gorgeous here when the suns out. We have meadows behind our house which is great for dog walking and just time to myself when needed. Like you I suffer with depression and although it's lifted a lot since being home, I still have days that for no particular reason I just feel down.

Ha ha I lurve Phish Food!
Yep I hear you, my depression is better but creeps up on me now and again, I never had it before I emigrated so hoping time will heal and all that. Hopefully as time goes on and now you are home the 'black dog' will be less of a visitor in your life too

Tonight an old friend called me after I messaged her on Facebook and we talked for 2 hours - just brilliant! She mentioned two other friends I'd not seen for years and said they'd been asking about me and want to meet up for drinks, honestly I can't tell you how much that meant to me - put a smile back on my face!
Old May 1st 2014, 10:01 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happyglow
I don't have enough thumbs for this thread! Awesome update Miss Betty, and you're right, time flies! It's been just over a year for me now, seems like five minutes. All the best for the next year!

Yes of course you moved back just before me didn't you?!! Just read your update and it sounds fantastic, so happy things are working out for you (and the pooch!) al the best to you too mate
Old May 1st 2014, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Tell you what though - I came back with 2 cubic metres of stuff, and now I have a #(&%)#(%)# house full! How did that happen? We must have reverse burglars!
Old May 1st 2014, 10:09 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by happyglow
Tell you what though - I came back with 2 cubic metres of stuff, and now I have a #(&%)#(%)# house full! How did that happen? We must have reverse burglars!
Ha ha!!! I got rid of loads of stuff and then more when I got back, my flat felt like a dolls house when I walked back in after living in a massive open plan Aussie house! Love my little home though, its so cozy and I love sitting in the bay window with a cuppa spying on people below (I'm on the 3rd floor) - so funny what you see and hear, its better than the telly!!!!
Old May 2nd 2014, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Yep I hear you, my depression is better but creeps up on me now and again, I never had it before I emigrated so hoping time will heal and all that. Hopefully as time goes on and now you are home the 'black dog' will be less of a visitor in your life too

Tonight an old friend called me after I messaged her on Facebook and we talked for 2 hours - just brilliant! She mentioned two other friends I'd not seen for years and said they'd been asking about me and want to meet up for drinks, honestly I can't tell you how much that meant to me - put a smile back on my face!
Ah, Miss B you need to take up knitting! I've met some lovely new friends through local knitting groups - and they're not all aged wrinklies like myself! We're a really mixed bunch with a common passion and enjoy making stuff whether over a coffee or glass of red! And I always thought knitting was a solitary activity until I came here!
Old May 2nd 2014, 10:15 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I have always suffered with depression but while in Canada it totally escalated to a point I couldn't control it.
Here's hoping you recover as it sounds like yours was situational depression.

Great news about your old friends wanting to meet up. This will really give you a boost and help you feel a sense of place at home