Another Scottish island

Old Jan 5th 2016, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Scottish island

Lewis has this amazing site
Story of the Stones Exhibition
Old Jan 28th 2016, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Scottish island

Coming up to 6 years since I got my place in Ballybute - and 5 since I retired here. Being a pensioner is nice. I can even keep up my Arabic now that we have Syrians here !
Old Jan 28th 2016, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Lewis has this amazing siteStory of the Stones Exhibition
Very interesting! I've never been to Lewis. I spent 6 days in Skye last May - absolutely loved it!
Old Feb 4th 2016, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Prevalence of Gaelic on Lewis and Harris might put some people off. I would personally welcome the chance to live in the Gaeltacht.Astonished when newcomers complain about place names and the use of Gaelic in education.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 9:37 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Courtesy of the BBC - latest beauty of Scotland in pictures

More should be done to show those English folks just how picturesque Scotland is.

Top shots: Scottish landscape photography winners - BBC News
Old Feb 11th 2016, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered a Dumfries and Galloway 2016 calendar and it's because of the scenery.. Gorgeous..
Old Feb 11th 2016, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I remember on my first trip to the South that I was HORRIFIED at how FLAT it is in the South of England !
Old Feb 11th 2016, 7:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I remember on my first trip to the South that I was HORRIFIED at how FLAT it is in the South of England !
Wot! The Purbeck hills didn't do it for you ?
Old Jun 25th 2016, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just back from a trip to the isle of Mull with a short visit to Iona. The high incidence of retired army brass who lived there led to the locals in the Gaeltacht calling Mull "The Officer's Mess". Tobermory is certainly very English. The other end of the island at Bunessan is more Gaelic-speaking. Very green, very wild and definitely underpopulated. Iona seems to be busy and must be a real cash-cow for the tourist industry. I am not sure what Saint Columba and the early monks and nuns would make of the place now.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Just back from a trip to the isle of Mull with a short visit to Iona. The high incidence of retired army brass who lived there led to the locals in the Gaeltacht calling Mull "The Officer's Mess". Tobermory is certainly very English. The other end of the island at Bunessan is more Gaelic-speaking. Very green, very wild and definitely underpopulated. Iona seems to be busy and must be a real cash-cow for the tourist industry. I am not sure what Saint Columba and the early monks and nuns would make of the place now.

I would love to visit Iona sometime - maybe on my next trip to Scotland. I grew up in Derry/Londonderry, N Ireland. The original name of the city Derry (Gaelic Doire) means oak grove and the name was given by St Columba who founded a monastery there (before he went to Iona I believe). In fact I attended Derry Cathedral primary school (the school attached to St Columb's Cathedral - Church of Ireland).
Old Jun 30th 2016, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Iona is impressively ecumenical.
Old Jul 16th 2016, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Headed for Tarbert on Loch Fyne. Not an island but quite remote. It used to be a fishing community but the Common Fisheries Policy messed that up. Lots of rich folks from the south with big yachts !

I suspect that it might be a bit remote for my sophisticated urban tastes, but I am only going for two days !

http://tarbertlochfyne.com/

Last edited by scot47; Jul 16th 2016 at 9:20 am.
Old Jul 16th 2016, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

It looks idyllic.
Old Jul 16th 2016, 10:30 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

We have been watching the British Open golf today. Looks like winter!
Old Jul 16th 2016, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you do not like the weather here, just wait a minute or two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.