4 Years On

Old Apr 1st 2015, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute
Default 4 Years On

Today marks my fourth "home anniversary". It's been a rocky ride for a few reasons but I've no regrets about coming back.

The employment situation has been rough for us and three redundancies in 2 1/2 years took their toll on hubby and myself both emotionally and financially. Since the middle of last year hubby has being working on contract some distance from home and for awhile he was here for only a couple of days a month. That's not much fun when you're living far from friends and family. We've both had some health issues during that time as well.

Sadly, I think we were both so preoccupied with bouncing from one crisis to the next that my UK honeymoon time kind of passed without me paying much attention and getting to experience it. To all of you yet to return, please remember to enjoy your special time because you can't get it back (well I'm hoping I might).

About money - people ask how much is enough and tongue in cheek I'd say you always need more than you think whatever your circumstances when you make a move like this so make sure you can handle the odd setback with the funds you've got available. Nothing ever goes entirely according to plan.

Things are now looking up for us and hubby's landed a permanent job in the Manchester area so we are moving (again) back to Yorkshire - the west riding this time. We're both feeling far happier and more optimistic.

I've never been back to Canada for a holiday and would love to at some point but it will be no more than a holiday. Despite the tough times, I've never regretted coming home. I can handle the minor niggles and I got a pretty terrific fella out of the deal to boot.

Yorkshire here we come!
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 Years On

Wishing you both all the best and hopefully a long U.K honeymoon to come now that you are in a better situation, Curleytops.

Thanks for the money advice, we are trying to work that out and it is difficult to predict how much is enough.

Glad you don't regret the move, it's reassuring.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Hope this new work situation is the charm. I know you will be glad to be back in Yorkshire. Good luck
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 8:59 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
Yorkshire here we come!
Ah well, glad you haven't been having an uneventful, boring time in England! Best of luck in your new home and new adventures!
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 8:55 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

CT. So pleased about your recent news. Best of luck with the move!!