3 years!

Old Jul 16th 2016, 7:02 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 years!

Originally Posted by Perth
Lovely update! Sorry about your daughter. I know you were kind of expecting it, but it can't have been easy when the time came. We will be leaving our 24 year old daughter back here, settled and happy, living with her boyfriend and in graduate school. I know I am going to have a very tough time of it when it comes time to leave her
Thanks. It is tough but too be honest you just kind of settle into a routine and get on with things. I tend to keep busy which helps. Face time is a Godsend as I still see my daughter every day. We have a brilliant relationship now and I think the distance actually helps that I do miss her but am counting down 3 weeks

Your daughter sounds settled and happy. Be proud that you brought her up to be independent and ready for the big wide World.

Good luck with your journey home.
Old Jul 16th 2016, 8:02 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1

Glad you are happy too Novo. Won't you miss all that wonderful snow this winter?
Rather annoyingly, last winter in the GTA was abnormally mild and dry, with the gloatabilty coefficient at a low ebb.

I hope they have a real stinker of a winter in 16/17.
Old Jul 16th 2016, 12:04 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Rather annoyingly, last winter in the GTA was abnormally mild and dry, with the gloatabilty coefficient at a low ebb.

I hope they have a real stinker of a winter in 16/17.
Old Jul 16th 2016, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Thanks. It is tough but too be honest you just kind of settle into a routine and get on with things. I tend to keep busy which helps. Face time is a Godsend as I still see my daughter every day. We have a brilliant relationship now and I think the distance actually helps that I do miss her but am counting down 3 weeks

Your daughter sounds settled and happy. Be proud that you brought her up to be independent and ready for the big wide World.

Good luck with your journey home.
Thank you! We are ridiculously proud of her. She lives in another state now, so we have had some preview of the separation. But it's one thing to be an hour and a half flight away and being across the ocean. Wish we could talk everyday but she is a full time nurse and full time student, so we are making do with once a week. Still, I admit, the relationship has gotten better. We are just happy that she is as mature as she is to stand on her own two feet. Can't say I was anywhere near that responsible at her age
Old Jul 17th 2016, 5:52 pm
The Brit is back

Originally Posted by Perth
Thank you! We are ridiculously proud of her. She lives in another state now, so we have had some preview of the separation. But it's one thing to be an hour and a half flight away and being across the ocean. Wish we could talk everyday but she is a full time nurse and full time student, so we are making do with once a week. Still, I admit, the relationship has gotten better. We are just happy that she is as mature as she is to stand on her own two feet. Can't say I was anywhere near that responsible at her age
Oh it is hard, but as you say, you're kind of getting use to it with her being away already, which will make it a bit easier.

My daughter was living with us. Here in England one minute, gone to Canada the next. We went shopping together, watched movies, ate nice pub lunches, etc. Then nothing

I already had my eldest by that age so not much getting into trouble for me after that!

On another note, just spend the most perfect sunny afternoon in a pub garden with friends watching the Farnborough airshow. Will be doing it again in another 2 years