15 month update

Old Aug 14th 2013, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice
Default Re: 15 month update

Originally Posted by lf1
Cumbrian Lass, I meant to say that we were in your neck of the woods in early July. We went down to S Wales to visit family. On the return trip we decided to break the 8 hour journey and stayed overnight in Kendal. Spent the next day driving around the Lake District, so a return trip is definitely on the cards. You are in a lovely area. I am pleased that you are enjoying being home and like you I don't miss Alberta either.
Oh really !!!!! you should have popped in for a brew lol !!!
I really love it here despite the house prices .Even though we had a beautiful place in Alberta i would still rather live here even if we could only afford a hut lol . It has so much more to offer. We have still not bought a house,as we have just sold ours in Alberta and are waiting for the right time to exchange the coinage.But in the next few months we will probably buy the house we are renting and then i can start and put my own stamp on things . Next time you are up this way let me know and i will put the kettle on
Old Aug 14th 2013, 6:21 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
Oh really !!!!! you should have popped in for a brew lol !!!
I really love it here despite the house prices .Even though we had a beautiful place in Alberta i would still rather live here even if we could only afford a hut lol . It has so much more to offer. We have still not bought a house,as we have just sold ours in Alberta and are waiting for the right time to exchange the coinage.But in the next few months we will probably buy the house we are renting and then i can start and put my own stamp on things . Next time you are up this way let me know and i will put the kettle on
Good luck with buying your house. Next time I am down your way I'll get in touch. Yes, I hear you about the house, but I am happy with my "wee" house. Less maintenance and cleaning
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:59 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Our house here is much smaller than the one we had in America and I love it. I like that we use every room - our house in New York had two empty rooms that were just dumping grounds for crap. And the cavernous living room never really felt cosy. Here everything is just the right size for us.

Cumbrianlass, I'm so glad to hear that things are working out. I remember the house you rented - it was in a lovely area if I recall. We've been up to Kendal a few times since we moved back - it's only an hour or so from where we are now, so it's a nice day out. I have to stay away from Lakeland in Windermere though or I come back with a light wallet
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Our house here is much smaller than the one we had in America and I love it. I like that we use every room - our house in New York had two empty rooms that were just dumping grounds for crap. And the cavernous living room never really felt cosy. Here everything is just the right size for us.

Cumbrianlass, I'm so glad to hear that things are working out. I remember the house you rented - it was in a lovely area if I recall. We've been up to Kendal a few times since we moved back - it's only an hour or so from where we are now, so it's a nice day out. I have to stay away from Lakeland in Windermere though or I come back with a light wallet
Yes i know what you mean ........our house was massive in Alberta too and only used half of it.But i loved the space.The bungalow we are renting and hopfully buying is huge,but needs work.Believe it or not it has a dance room in it too........some thing that we would eventually convert to a master bedroom,bathroom and large walk in closet.I have to stop thinking of what we had over there to what we will buy over here for the same price though. We do have fantastic views from the bungalow which is a huge bonus.
Next time you are coming this way Sally let me know and we will meet up for a coffee.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Good to hear things are still going well SS! I relate to so much in your post especially the losing the depression (or apathy!) weight by walking in our ever changing gobsmackingly beautiful countryside!!! Ain't life grand when you get it back!!!
I went for a coffee with our eldest Son to Uppermill today, sat outside and watched the world go by and all the while thinking.....just how lucky we were to have such choice etc, two days before I was with our Youngest Son having pub lunch in a 17th century Inn just outside Holmes Chapel (completely in the opposite direction to Uppermill but still wonderful countryside)....now where are my walking shoes...I really need them lol
Old Aug 16th 2013, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olza23
Hi Sally

I hope all is well, seems to be reading that!

I'm basically planning/hoping to do the opposite to you, emigrate away from the UK for my own reasons but I just wanted to know during the time you were in the states did you ever think you would come back?

I've been reading a few threads about people coming back to the UK because of the sometimes emotional pull it has on them, it almost worries me because I do love my country and it will always be a part of me. Do you feel the same way? I mean I can only imagine you were homesick at times but were you ever totally comfortable over there? Did it ever feel like home?

I'm really happy for you that you've found happiness over here again and I think im my situation I am just going to have to see how me and my family feel when we emigrate! It's hard to predict if we will get homesick at all but definately something I should think about! I'm rambling, I'll stop now.
So nice to hear your happy and settled, we went to Italy a few weeks ago and then decided to "tour" the east coast of Yorkshire, Whitby downwards and it was equally as impressive (even the weather was lovely) as the Italian Coastline....honestly, I agree with renting first although the urge to buy asap was strong for me we really wanted to have a good look at areas etc, I enjoy where we rent now but will more than likely move "over the hill" into Cheshire as a lot more easy for transport etc...will be sad to but I will not be far from the "lovely hills/moors" I adore.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
So nice to hear your happy and settled, we went to Italy a few weeks ago and then decided to "tour" the east coast of Yorkshire, Whitby downwards and it was equally as impressive (even the weather was lovely) as the Italian Coastline....honestly, I agree with renting first although the urge to buy asap was strong for me we really wanted to have a good look at areas etc, I enjoy where we rent now but will more than likely move "over the hill" into Cheshire as a lot more easy for transport etc...will be sad to but I will not be far from the "lovely hills/moors" I adore.
So which general area are you in now that you may need to move.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 5:33 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

So nice to hear your happy and settled, we went to Italy a few weeks ago and then decided to "tour" the east coast of Yorkshire, Whitby downwards and it was equally as impressive (even the weather was lovely) as the Italian Coastline....
Yes! I'm taking my husband to the East Coast for a few days - he's a Lancashire lad and so I can't wait to show him what he's been missing all these years. Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay, Bempton Cliffs, Filey Brigg, Flamborough Head - it's so beautiful and so varied on that side of the country.

My mum recently went to Norfolk and came back very disappointed with the coast as she was expecting something like the Yorkshire or Northumberland scenery. I think we're spoiled up here!
Old Aug 19th 2013, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sally, lovely to read your update. Have a lovely break!
I agree about the waste disposal, but then I did manage to do one in, shoving the wrong stuff down it.
Just spent another weekend doing US/UK tax, can't wait until we are free of that!
Old Aug 19th 2013, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Hi all,

I'm heading back to the Norfolk country side in september! tiny little 2 bed bungalow lol but with huge gardens! so cant wait. also cant wait to catch up on the English country side!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
So which general area are you in now that you may need to move.
We are just through Glossop on the Derbyshire Levels.....its lovely but a huge pain for traffic and a looonnnnggg drive when I want to try something different other than Tesco's BUT on the other hand the scenery from our home is just beautiful but as always with me/us nothing is simple...our eldest (during all our time here he has moaned all the tme about being so far away from things he has just said he now does not want to move!!!!!!!!!!!) so now it is not so straight forward (yet again, its getting to be a pattern in my life lol) our youngest is chomping on the bit to move, as is my husband (I am piggy in the middle but I kind of want to move anyway) "best laid plans"
Old Aug 20th 2013, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Is property cheaper in Ireland?
Old Aug 20th 2013, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
Is property cheaper in Ireland?
Is this meant for me?
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is this meant for me?
Yes and anyone else who can input.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:14 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Yes! I'm taking my husband to the East Coast for a few days - he's a Lancashire lad and so I can't wait to show him what he's been missing all these years. Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay, Bempton Cliffs, Filey Brigg, Flamborough Head - it's so beautiful and so varied on that side of the country.

My mum recently went to Norfolk and came back very disappointed with the coast as she was expecting something like the Yorkshire or Northumberland scenery. I think we're spoiled up here!
Yeah, but Devon, Cornwall and Wales are where the real coasts are!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.