Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

10 Yrs Of Ping Pong to Canada

10 Yrs Of Ping Pong to Canada

Old Jul 25th 2009, 8:36 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 Yrs Of Ping Pong to Canada

Not really my business, but I feel quite strongly that you should try mainland UK. Enough distance to help a bit with the stress, but your wife can nip over frequently if she feels she must. Big benefit, you don't have to go. Not on a long weekend visit every now and then.

Ping-ponging to Canada isn't going to help, because your wife's stress will be as high as before.

Would having to phone long distance to England deter ma-in-law? You can also get caller id and/or answering machine and at least manage the input.

As I'm seeing it, you know the problem now, and it's not really connected to Canada. You've created a great business. You can create the perfect solution to this.

Bev
Old Jul 26th 2009, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Irishcpl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Unclear what these special arrangements could be ... the law is very clear.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...des/5445EA.asp
You are unclear what the special arrangements could be because I haven't told you mate!! End of!! I am pretty sure that its between me and Immigration Canada, not some random bloke on the forums!!

Thanks for all the other support guys!!
There is always someone looking to tear you down even in your hardest moments. I am glad that they are few and far between!

I won't be posting again!

Over and out.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 3:32 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishcpl
You are unclear what the special arrangements could be because I haven't told you mate!! End of!! I am pretty sure that its between me and Immigration Canada, not some random bloke on the forums!!

There is always someone looking to tear you down even in your hardest moments. I am glad that they are few and far between!

Over and out.
Please look back over JAJ's posts, you will see he has helped many, many people on this forum. Moving abroad is an emotionally experience and JAJ has always been really good at getting people to stop, take stock and make sure that they have all their ducks in a row. You would be surprised by how many people think they can just upsticks and move because they once had residency status somewhere. Rules change, laws change etc, etc. JAJ is just trying to help.

Sue
Old Jul 26th 2009, 4:38 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Over and out.
Good grief. I'd stay put in NI if I were you, and get some help with that temper. Either your entire story is cobblers, or you have misunderstood immigration rules. There is no such thing as a "special arrangement" when it comes to residency for PR, unless your wife is Canadian.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:10 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Are you serious??
My status is my business and if I have made special arrangements with the canadian high comission my business also....lets not get tied up with the details here. I am just on here to tell my story...so hopefully I can enlighten someone else.
But if you lose your business as you say you might, how can this secure your future in Canada. It seems from your post that you got PR based on skilled worker, which has nothing to do with business immigration. You sound very mixed up. It may well be prudent to be absolutely certain of your status in Canada. If you have not met the residency requirements, sorry to burst your bubble but you ain't got PR and could well be turned away at the airport. You sound very defensive in your posts, it matters not a hoot to anyone on here whether your status is valid or not. Most are merely trying to make suggestions that may be of some help. What you do with it is up to you.

What you say about not coming if you don't have friends or family here, may well have been your personal experience. It is however far from the experiences of many others who have done just fine on their own. We've all gone through up and down times, some make it some don't, the outcome is not a reflection on either. Immigration is not easy for anyone. My personal advice to anyone is staying power. No matter how hard it seems, get citizenship, after all you go through to get PR, this gives you far more flexibility in the future.

Last edited by Aviator; Jul 27th 2009 at 12:14 am.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of

Thank god for that !
Old Jul 27th 2009, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

slidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Trouble is your Mother in law will still have phone access even if you are in Canada and thus your wife will be frantic from a long distance.
Will you send her back to visit frequently during the troubles between her parents?
I think putting distance between you both and the in laws is a brilliant idea, for me I'd put a smaller body of water and try mainland UK.

At times I have had some of the highest level security plus men and women with loaded guns preventing the inlaws from entering. Even a military base cannot keep them away. A dertermined m-in-law i s hell.