Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

you glad you bought in the Ayamonte area! :)

you glad you bought in the Ayamonte area! :)

Old Feb 16th 2017, 7:33 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default you glad you bought in the Ayamonte area! :)

Just saw this

One of London's smallest houses is on sale for £600k - and it's only 290 square feet

We get more for our dosh here!

Jon
Old Feb 16th 2017, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: you glad you bought in the Ayamonte area! :)

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Absolutely yes! (except for the ROI )
Old Feb 16th 2017, 9:47 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Absolutely yes! (except for the ROI )
Can you believe they say that one could get a million if done up properly... normally Id say that was 'estate agent speak', but in London, you just don't know!

Re in our case in CE there is no 'I'.. let alone the 'R'!

But still glad we bought there.

Jon
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

We are absolutely delighted. We like the laid back lifestyle both sides of the Guadiana and the options of two countries. We sold our house in Torrevieja in 2005 as it all got too big and too busy compared to the late 90's. No regrets in selling there and no regrets in buying at CE. I think Ayamonte and area surrounding has a lot of natural charm with a nice mix of tourism without it being in your face !! I don't really believe that many Brits know much about Huelva Province or the East Algarve when compared to more established resorts and the tower blocks.

My only gripe would be that IMO the Ayamonte ayuntamiento seem to use CE as cash cow to subsidise services in town. Meanwhile we cannot even get the streetlights working from the motorway to the bridge. Its now three years since we purchased and they have never worked.. I would love to know what I get for my 500 odd euros council tax each year.

GRIPE OVER and we are over in 12 days days time. Looking forward to it.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:31 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by keithBT
We are absolutely delighted. We like the laid back lifestyle both sides of the Guadiana and the options of two countries. We sold our house in Torrevieja in 2005 as it all got too big and too busy compared to the late 90's. No regrets in selling there and no regrets in buying at CE. I think Ayamonte and area surrounding has a lot of natural charm with a nice mix of tourism without it being in your face !! I don't really believe that many Brits know much about Huelva Province or the East Algarve when compared to more established resorts and the tower blocks.

My only gripe would be that IMO the Ayamonte ayuntamiento seem to use CE as cash cow to subsidise services in town. Meanwhile we cannot even get the streetlights working from the motorway to the bridge. Its now three years since we purchased and they have never worked.. I would love to know what I get for my 500 odd euros council tax each year.

GRIPE OVER and we are over in 12 days days time. Looking forward to it.

We should cross as we arrive soon too.

Cant wait so only thinking positive and not about the town hall, that would spoil my day!

Have fun

Jon
Old Feb 17th 2017, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

sure but please name me a better town hall / council? and corruption? they are all crocks IMHO. we got a nice CE apartment for € you can never buy in north Europe so learn the language and enjoy, simples.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 1:02 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by bitmanev
sure but please name me a better town hall / council? and corruption? they are all crocks IMHO. we got a nice CE apartment for € you can never buy in north Europe so learn the language and enjoy, simples.
So you've 'joined the club' - welcome - we have all agreed that the town hall leaves a lot to be desired, but we can put that aside and still are very happy and positive about our homes, even those that bought before the crisis and have lost up to 70%...

Jon
Old Feb 17th 2017, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

well the house crisis wasn't only in CE...
Old Feb 18th 2017, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Jon is correct. We just have to think ourselves lucky and enjoy CE for what it is. I still dream that one day a big hotel conglomerate will see value in the opportunities here and finish the hotel. We could do with a bit more entertainment options without driving.
Old Feb 26th 2017, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and welcome.All previous comments are felt by the majority of people who have a place in Esuri.Its a place of relaxation,better weather (after Doris has now left),lovely beaches good food / wine and different cultures.We use it as a holiday home and love it out there.I can understand some people invested 10 years or so and the property slump has hit them hard.I. Don t know it will really change that much in the future so just embrace the simple life and enjoy.