Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Valor cadastral

Valor cadastral

Old Nov 10th 2017, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Valor cadastral

I need to obtain my valor cadastral for 2016. I’ve never received a council tax bill with it on (they seem perfectly able to debit my account). Tried my bank but with no luck. Does anyone have an email address for the town hall or any ideas how I can get the information please?
Thanks
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Re: Valor cadastral

Morning Andy
I'm not sure if this helps ,but I haven't had a Cadastral figure on my IBI receipt since 2010
When I inquired if the amount had been amended ,I was led to believe that the figure rarely changes & to keep using it until further notice
I have used it every year since for my tax return without any issue

Chris
Old Nov 11th 2017, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Morning Andy
I'm not sure if this helps ,but I haven't had a Cadastral figure on my IBI receipt since 2010
When I inquired if the amount had been amended ,I was led to believe that the figure rarely changes & to keep using it until further notice
I have used it every year since for my tax return without any issue

Chris
Thanks Chris, that’s what I’ve done for the last few years but thought I’d try to get a current figure. Considering it was based on the purchase price of the property I wonder what it would be based on current values. Even so you can guarantee it wouldn’t be in our favour
Old Nov 11th 2017, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
Thanks Chris, that’s what I’ve done for the last few years but thought I’d try to get a current figure. Considering it was based on the purchase price of the property I wonder what it would be based on current values. Even so you can guarantee it wouldn’t be in our favour
The cadastral value is not based on the purchase price - it's based on a land valuation (a bit like the old UK rating system). There hasn't been a revaluation in Andalucia for over 10 years so your cadastral value will not have changed.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikeJ
The cadastral value is not based on the purchase price - it's based on a land valuation (a bit like the old UK rating system). There hasn't been a revaluation in Andalucia for over 10 years so your cadastral value will not have changed.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old Nov 19th 2017, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

iant will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AndyS
Thanks for the clarification.
I also noted that the "recibo" from the bank for the IBI payment did not give a "valor catastral" and was advised to get the details from the local taxes office, just off Plaza Laguna, almost opposite Banco Sabadell. There I had to wait some 45 minutes in the queue before obtaining the required information needed to be able to complete the Form 210, non-resident income tax return.
As for the value not changing from year to year, that is not my understanding. Might be worth checking out.
iant
Old Nov 20th 2017, 9:17 am
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point

As for the value not changing from year to year, that is not my understanding. Might be worth checking out.[QUOTE]

Hello, the percentage of tax applied to the valor cadastral has decreased from 19.5% to 19% for the 2016 tax year. See website:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/faq/non-resident-tax-modelo-210-rates-for-2015-2016-2017/

Last edited by maccro; Nov 20th 2017 at 9:22 am.