Urgent help

Old Jul 28th 2016, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

tessy20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent help

Arrived in apartment and electric failed after 15 mins. Fuse box is fine. Does anyone have a number for Endesa for callouT's?
Old Jul 28th 2016, 9:46 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent help

Hola

If a new smart metre - turn everything off for 30 seconds and then back on to reset

Davexf
Old Jul 28th 2016, 10:06 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Am I missing something here? Surely if you are able to log on to the internet and post on the forum you could have just googled the number. https://www.endesaclientes.com/homes/contact.html
Old Jul 29th 2016, 4:11 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Am I missing something here? Surely if you are able to log on to the internet and post on the forum you could have just googled the number. https://www.endesaclientes.com/homes/contact.html
Hi Dorothy

One of the problems of having a 2nd home is what to do regarding internet. Many, like myself, don't like to pay a monthly charge for the time we are not there. And many are away more than residing in their 2nd home.

In my case, and I'm sure with many others, I like to stream TV, which uses a lot of bandwidth. Meaning I need an unlimited download, ie the most expensive package! So it's therefore the most expensive when it is not being used, for the majority of the time, therefore a problem.

Thats why you see people using the free GC internet, or at the shop etc.

I have an unlimited contract with priinet which drops the monthly charge when I'm away. I still pay for non-usage (like the utilities standing charges) but on balance, it works for me to have WiFi at home and reducing the cost when away and not being used.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 29th 2016 at 4:16 am.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 4:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Dorothy

One of the problems of having a 2nd home is what to do regarding internet. Many, like myself, don't want to pay a monthly charge for the time we are not there. And many are away more than residing in their 2nd home.

In my case, and I'm sure with many others, I like to stream TV, which uses a lot of bandwidth. Meaning I need an unlimited download, ie the most expensive package! So it's therefore the most expensive when it is not being used, for the majority of the time, therefore a problem.

Thats why you see people using the free GC internet, or at the shop etc.

I have an unlimited contract with priinet which drops the monthly charge when I'm away. I still pay for non-usage (like the utilities standing charges) but on balance, it works for me to have WiFi at home and reducing the cost when away and not being used.

Jon
What does that have to do with the op not just googling the contact herself? I did it on my phone. From Australia! Surely if she can get on to BE she can Google the number for the electric company.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Diddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant future

Hi Tessy20

Curtesy costs nothing, try these numbers.

Averías - breakdowns = 900 850 840 (tlf. gratuito)
Atención al cliente - customer support 800 76 09 09 (tlf. gratuito)

regards
Old Jul 29th 2016, 11:01 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

What does that have to do with the op not just googling the contact herself? I did it on my phone. From Australia! Surely if she can get on to BE she can Google the number for the electric company.
ooops I misread your post, I see what you mean now. Mea culpa!

Jon
Old Jul 29th 2016, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to those who provided supportive replies. We had no electricity for about 8hrs and then it decided to start working again at 1.15 am in the morning and appeared to have shorted tat the router.

My reasons for using the forum was simply I really didn't know what number to call and from what I've seen this forum always seems to be helpful with great advice...... I still feel that way ☺
Old Jul 31st 2016, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of

Perhaps, just perhaps, when something like that happens all seems a little perplexing and you think 'what shall I do?'. I know, I'll ask those friendly people on the forum. There was no need for you to be so unhelpful, whether you are in Australia or not, or so downright rude.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Another thing to remember is that quite often there are power cuts. The first thing to check is whether or not anyone else has a similar problem and whether the street lights are working. To my surprise, a month or two ago I had a letter from Endesa telling me what power cuts there had been over the past 12 months (3), hoiw long I had been without power for and how much they were going to credit my account in compensation. You wouldn't get that in the UK.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Thanks for your replies. First thing we did was check the landing and our lovely spanish neighbours. All was working so we knew it was just us. However,our neighbours were great too - they spent a good twenty minutes trying to help. The waitresses in the club house later let us recharge up our phones while we ate dinner and one waitress told us her husband was an alectrician. Really kind, even more so as we'd just completed the 8hr + drive from santander that day too. Having a fab time now. Our many spanish neighbours seriously like to party on the hill !