Restaurants

Old Mar 22nd 2018, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by JeanMichel
I have been to a new bar/tapas opposite Cardenio Theatre, called Meraki (the taste in Greek).
The place is really nice with a great atmosphere with a very nice and friendly staff. Their tapas are different from the usual in Ayamonte. I did not taste them yet, but some friends told me they are excellent.

Ate there last night. No way are they tapas, more like media raciones and priced as such. We had 3 delicious ones and soft drinks total 18 euros. Well worth a visit. High stools/tables are not my seat of choice but all they have. Will go back soon.
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Ate there last night. No way are they tapas, more like media raciones and priced as such. We had 3 delicious ones and soft drinks total 18 euros. Well worth a visit. High stools/tables are not my seat of choice but all they have. Will go back soon.
We had lunch there earlier and have to say it was very nice. It was a bit more pricey than the normal but it was well worth the money and the service was great. Menu is quite limited but they have put the time and effort into every dish we tried. Good portions and a proper upper class twist to each dish. They even did some good veggie dishes to keep the missus happy, double bonus!! Definitely be back to try some other dishes!!
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Fu Cheng Buffet in VRSA becomes Buffet Sushicomes. New owners lovely staff, nice selection of sushi, Asiatic food, fresh fruit. Evening buffet 13.90 pp.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 8:11 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Buck
We had lunch there earlier and have to say it was very nice. It was a bit more pricey than the normal but it was well worth the money and the service was great. Menu is quite limited but they have put the time and effort into every dish we tried. Good portions and a proper upper class twist to each dish. They even did some good veggie dishes to keep the missus happy, double bonus!! Definitely be back to try some other dishes!!
Yes really posh food - but not at a crazy price. I would even argue that the food is a tad higher up the 'fine-eating-scale' than La Puerta Ancha. But not tapas IMO ..... but also good value for the quality/level. Attached a photo of a dish I ate - 2 large langoustines on a bed of spicy guacamole and home made sweet potato crisps..... BH had an excellent Bacalhao and our friend a wonderful filet of steak. Great service too from the charming server - also on the photo (my ugly mug removed!)

Jon
PS I heard that LPA have taken over the Hamburger stand on Coronation plaza to serve there quality food at a more take-away format. But it could be another of the rumours that fly around here!
Attached Thumbnails Restaurants-img-20180321-wa0000.jpg  

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 24th 2018 at 8:16 am.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Yes really posh food - but not at a crazy price. I would even argue that the food is a tad higher up the 'fine-eating-scale' than La Puerta Ancha. But not tapas IMO ..... but also good value for the quality/level. Attached a photo of a dish I ate - 2 large langoustines on a bed of spicy guacamole and home made sweet potato crisps..... BH had an excellent Bacalhao and our friend a wonderful filet of steak. Great service too from the charming server - also on the photo (my ugly mug removed!)

Jon
PS I heard that LPA have taken over the Hamburger stand on Coronation plaza to serve there quality food at a more take-away format. But it could be another of the rumours that fly around here!
The LPA kiosk is at the opposite corner to the hamburger kiosk (which seems to have expanded with chairs and tables) . The LPA kiosk is Champagne and gin based cocktails. Looks quite popular.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Keep up Jon, even we know about LPA Mini Bar "Atuna" and we don't live there any more. Looking forward to a cocktail there next month 🍹
Old Mar 24th 2018, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Jon
It opened Thursday night
Attached Thumbnails Restaurants-8326848e-68da-4a1f-a02a-91e49e473488.jpeg   Restaurants-a673d64e-8b19-46d7-a502-3289013bf814.jpeg   Restaurants-4fa2b918-b63b-4a21-b193-bff7f5e986fa.jpeg  
Old Mar 24th 2018, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Tonight we tried Restaurante Brasería Monte Olimpo which is where the Argentinian (later the Italian) restaurant was on the hill just after the Parador but before Mercadona. The owner speaks good English. His name is Pepe and he worked for 7 years at Sonrisa. It was basically grilled meat or fish. A dish of grilled Mediterranean vegetables and a plate of chips was put on the table to share. I had rabbit, which was lovely, and friends had lamb and entrecote steak which were also good (although the steak was more medium to well done than rare to medium but still delicious). Mousse, chocolate cake and pastel de nata (all home made) to round off the meal. Would recommend and would go again.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 7:35 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Keep up Jon, even we know about LPA Mini Bar "Atuna" and we don't live there any more. Looking forward to a cocktail there next month 🍹
Great that you are coming back... and that even though far away, you are still up (and ahead) on all the news. Have a wonderful cocktail (or three)!

Also great to see that it has actually opened and a rumour has become reality, thanks Ken for the photos. Looks great and the menu looks good too. Things are looking up!

Jon
Old Mar 25th 2018, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

LPA kiosk, champagne, gin and tuna nope nope and not keen at all :-( It looked like a good atmosphere when I passed on Friday night. All the best to Cli and Fabio.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

I ate in the Big House last night after months away and not being too enamoured with it the last time. Seems to have changed staff again, back to many Chinese. It was quite busy then got very busy. Plenty choices plus the grill/wok type section.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 7:30 pm
BE Positive

Those that remember and/or miss the Brazilian Rodizio resto in Santa Lucia, will be happy to hear of a new Rodizio resto recently opened in Altura - about 2-3 weeks ago.

Amazing prices. AYCE Buffet only 6.90 including a full salad selection, hams salami etc. Choice of Buffet main courses(in Bain-Marie's) and deserts - fruit etc. Help yourself from the fridge. The included cheese selection was excellent for this price. Take a new plate when returning to the buffet for hygeine, they collect the used plates.

9.90 gets you all this plus AYCE selection of 6 meats on skewers that they slice at the table and you put on the plate with sugar tongs.

13.90 is the same but 11 meats!! They even have a total blow out one at 19.90.

The staff are all Brazilian, except the salad/sweet chef, Portuguese, Sylvie who used to work for Luis.

Its called A Favela (nice name). Also On FB. Pass the Erotel hotel and A Chamine on your left, go straight across the roundabout. Its about 100m, just after Cesars bar, on the left. https://www.facebook.com/RestauranteAfavela/

Tip: as it gets very crowded I would suggest you have a plate of whatever is room temp at the side, like e.g the cheeses were severly depleted by the end. We couldn't figure out how they could make enough dosh - at these prices!

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 28th 2018 at 8:45 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 7:38 am
BE Positive

Something to look forward to in June (attached). A couple of years ago a crowd of us did it and had great fun!

Jon
Attached Thumbnails Restaurants-photo_20180319_115203.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2018, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Something to look forward to in June (attached). A couple of years ago a crowd of us did it and had great fun!

Jon
I was there with you; we all had a good time. Kx
Old Mar 30th 2018, 8:59 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
I was there with you; we all had a good time. Kx
How does that old song go?

'Oh yes I remember it well....
........you wore a gown of gold'

The memory may be a little strained, but that's age, not the wine!!

Hope to catch up with you both sometime soon

Jon x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.