Restaurants

Old Mar 1st 2018, 5:19 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by olivia
I have an email to forward. But have no idea how to put it in this box.
If you will send me your email I will forward it.
Hi Olivia thanks for all your help. I've pm'd you.

Jon
Old Mar 1st 2018, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

I have sent it 4 times OR not at All!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 8:27 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

A big thank you to Olivia for the details below for the catering school dinners. This is fine dining where you are served by students who are looking to make in thus industry
Jon

PS Mods I include contact details as this is an organisation as opposed to an individual

19-Fevereiro - Segunda-feira (monday )- 13h
21-Fevereiro - Quarta-feira ( wednesday )- 13h
27-Fevereiro - Terça-feira- ( tuesday ) - 13h

05-Março - Segunda-feira ( monday ) -13h
07-Março - Quarta-feira ( wednesday ) - 13h
13-Março - Terça-feira ( tuesday ) -13h
15-Março - Quinta-feira ( thursday ) - 13h
19-Março - Segunda-feira ( monday ) - 13h
21-Março - Quarta-feira ( wednesday ) - 13h

03-Abril - Terça-feira ( tuesday ) - 13h
05-Abril - Quinta-feira ( thursday ) - 13h
09-Abril - Segunda-feira (monday ) -13h
11-Abril - Quarta-feira ( wednesday ) -13h
19-Abril - Quinta-feira ( thursday ) - 13h
23-Abril - Segunda-feira ( monday ) - 13h
27-Abril - Sexta-feira ( friday ) - 13h

If you want to make any reservations you can do it by phone our email that you have in the end of this email.

Telling us your name,phone,email,the day(s) that you wish to lunch with us at 13hrs (17.50€) and how many persons.
Thanks.

Best regards.

EHT Vila Real de Santo António
address: Rua Teófilo Braga
8900-303 Vila Real de Santo António
phone: +351 281 001 110
mail: [email protected]
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 8:58 am
BE Positive

The resto in MF jokingly referred to as 'The Bordello' has rooms to rent - properly - now! .... and (I'm sure) have been totally cleaned up!

https://www.booking.com/hotel/pt/gue...-beira.es.html

Note Closed Tuesday. Mon-Sat all in menu 8Euro. Wonderful Salmon on Saturday for 1Eur more. Sunday all-in menu a bit more. A la carte too.

Note the Women's day event at the place at the bottom of the road, in the useful info thread.

Jon
Old Mar 8th 2018, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

I would just like to say how good we found the Chinese resto in Ayamonte this time. They seem to have settled down and found regular diners. The Spanish waiter seems to work hard at pleasing everyone and getting lots of Spanish through the door. The menu del dia at only 7.50 incl wine seemed very good. Choice of hot soup with shredded chicken OR spring rolls. main course of chicken or beef, followed by coffee or a desert. Bargain compared to UK. We also tried the two for 22 euro menu last saturday. Wine extra - again good quality, plus a dim sum course. Much better than when they first opened roughly a year (or more) ago.
Old Mar 10th 2018, 2:56 am
BE Positive

We tried a new resto in Castro Marim. O Forte.

A la carte, several dishes of the day €8.50, & all-you-can-eat buffet €10 weekdays €15 weekend (with greater choice). One of the best house wines IMO only €4.50 litre €3.50 half. Luckily I wasn't driving Monthly Fado nights €20, on FB apparently.

Its best to go for the buffet IMO.This includes all the dishes of the day.You will see the list on the sandwich board at the entrance. Starters included quiche, salads, ham, salami, polvo, mackerel etc etc. But you have to ask for the main courses, as they cook to order (for most of them thankfully)..... I had steak, BH had a Dorada. There was even a cataplana for that price! Deserts included, we had a fresh mango, but there were baked apples/pears, cakes, chocolate mousse etc etc.

Go to CM after the big roundabout take the left turn towards Corvo. After about 50m there is a small door on the left. Go in and its far bigger than expected. At the back, is another area that will be more of a snack-burger place, and a room upstairs for events.The back is another door leading to the street behind.

A nice place to have 'on the list' for a noshup! Not fine dining at all but worth a go very attentive staff & French speaking boss.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 10th 2018 at 3:03 am.
Old Mar 10th 2018, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

My kids rave about the Scottish restaurant in Ayamonte.
The reckon the Gran Hamburguesa y patatas fritas is the best Spanish meal
they have ever had.
Bless em!
Old Mar 10th 2018, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
they have ever had.
Bless em!
Which/where ???
Old Mar 11th 2018, 6:45 am
BE Positive

Forgot to mention for the O Forte buffet resto - a la carte resto in CM. Post 1341

Starters included soup. The buffet for the mains included veggies (carrots, brocoli, runner beans 2 spuds). Bread, butter and fish spread etc included. Good to get some veg in - as it is something we often comment on (the lack of) when eating out in ESP/PT.

Best to go (IMO) with friends for a laugh, we bumped into some French friends by chance and they joined us at the table. Often better to eat with friends - but this kind of casual, buffet type of eating is really best shared.

There were also 2 cheeses a curado and a brie - so we had a cheese course before our fruit desert. I am more 'cheesy' than 'sweet' Surprise surprise

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 11th 2018 at 6:49 am.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 12:08 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
they have ever had.
Bless em!
MADE ME LAUGH !! You have such a brilliant sense of humour
Old Mar 13th 2018, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

I have been to a new bar/tapas opposite Cardenio Theatre, called Meraki (the taste in Greek).
The place is really nice with a great atmosphere with a very nice and friendly staff. Their tapas are different from the usual in Ayamonte. I did not taste them yet, but some friends told me they are excellent.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 8:13 am
BE Positive

After lunching with fellow 'BE-Expaters' we were recommended to go to small village (nice drive) Corte António Martins, just beyond Monte Rei Golf.

http://restaurantebelavis.wixsite.com/belavista

The meat was excellent, BH had some of the best lamb chops she has had. Black pork is their speciality (but they have Baked Bacalhau and Tuna etc). No dish of the day so its a-la-carte. We were entertained the whole lunch by their wonderful parrot! Im sure it was me getting the wolf-whistles

On catching up with our friend, she told me that Bela Vista wasn't the resto she recommended, but there is another one in the small village/hamlet. With a big dancing next door and hall for music events. Amazing how this little village has more than CE!

I searched for it and stumbled on a resto site with all sorts of offers so here is the resto our friend recommended, and if you scroll down you will get many resto recommendations/offers

https://www.microsofttranslator.com/...da%2F387001%2F

If a box comes up, just click on the OK a couple of times, to release the page. On the top right you can go straight to the original Portuguese site. Note at the top you can search restos so heres what comes up with Altura (for example) https://lifecooler.com/artigos/lista...=&seccao=comer

Happy munchin' - and thanks for the recommendations ... you know who you are

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 15th 2018 at 8:42 am.
Old Mar 17th 2018, 9:09 am
BE Positive

Wonderful tapas resto/bar aka 'the flowerpots'. (Though I think they are not there at the moment) Next to the car park by the ferries.

Jon
Attached Thumbnails Restaurants-photo_20180316_124933.jpg  
Old Mar 17th 2018, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

La Paraita They were open in the week but the tent outside got damaged in the wimd last Sunday
Old Mar 19th 2018, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

I mentionned a few days ago.
I have tried their tapas.... They are gorgeous!
I had king size prawns with guacamole sauce, potatoes with eggs cream and ham, and more... Highly recommended! For people who want to taste something different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.