Restaurants

Old Oct 6th 2017, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Restaurants

Ken y tina, you're absolutely correct. My apologies. I guess that on the four occassions we persevered going to El limonera/ Lolita I was disappointed. But , I agree we are all entitled to our personal opinions. Best regards. Keith
Old Nov 24th 2017, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

Originally Posted by Margaret and Derek
Sad news Kitapena Flamenco are closing down tonight. Had a lot of good nights there though we did prefer it when it was opposite El Choco.
Good to see Sergio has returned to his old place opposite El Choco. Opened yesterday, we wish him all the best.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see Sergio has returned to his old place opposite El Choco. Opened yesterday, we wish him all the best.
That's good news.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Great news 💃🏻
Old Nov 24th 2017, 8:30 am
Just Joined

janjan is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news, we also wish him all the best
Old Nov 24th 2017, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by janjan
Great news, we also wish him all the best
We stopped by the restaurant
Convivio Dos Cavaleiros.

On the N2 heading to Faro airport, just after the Auction house, passed it lots of times as many have, and it always has lots of cars parked outside along the roadside.

We got there 12am as it opened, already 9 tables occupied, no menu:
Red/white wine
Sangria
Water/juice to drink

Lamb
Mixed fish
Mixed meat
All come with salad potatoes, with the usual bread olives butter and fish paste on the table.

We were asked twice if we wanted more food!!, then pudding time, 3 choices, coffee to finish off.

To say it was busy is an understatement, it was full by 12.50, must have at least 50 covers.

All family run, great service lovely food, we had the Roasted Lamb, we had a flight to catch so didn’t really get the best from our visit but will be going back, 3 of us €25?, seems too cheap but that’s what we paid.

Ken.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

During the last weeks, we have been to the Ribera, next to Vintage, by the taxi rank.
Great place.
Excellent food. Excellent service:very friendly, professional and English speaking. The prices are very reasonable.
Highly recommended!...
Old Dec 6th 2017, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah yes, I was sat outside the vintage back in October with my usual goldfish bowl of G & T as I watched the member of staff of the Ribera carving jamon outside non-stop. I will give it a go when we are back in February - my question is - What's it like inside ??? I seem to recall they did a load of building work on the premises last year. plus what's the winter menu consist of?
Old Dec 6th 2017, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

Inside it is nice, very Andalusian. I do not know if they changed something or kept it as before.
The menu is wide with pork, chicken, beef, fish, salads, tortillas, etc... Very large choice!
My preferred dish: carrillera a la naranja (pork cheak with orange sauce).
Regards. JM.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JeanMichel
Inside it is nice, very Andalusian. I do not know if they changed something or kept it as before.
The menu is wide with pork, chicken, beef, fish, salads, tortillas, etc... Very large choice!
My preferred dish: carrillera a la naranja (pork cheak with orange sauce).
Regards. JM.
Mmmmmm Carrillada de Cerdo, used to make that a lot when we lived in CE, delicious. Hi JM hope you are well, abrazos y besos, Bryony xx

Last edited by MikeCol; Dec 7th 2017 at 8:34 am.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 9:27 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Whilst driving around we saw new signs for a new resto in VRSA. Well we haven't see the signs before.

I drove past it to check it out, looks like a snack bar. And I didn't see the Revolution sign on the door either. But I was curious as I saw 2 signs - one in English saying 'the best meat in the world!' Gotta check that baby out

As we just arrived its not for us (at the moment) .... but.... it seems to make wonderful burgers - chicken salads (as per photos) etc. I only use FB for menus, but there they have 3 great reviews... but they could be from friends.

It seems to me to be a new resto - with a potential. After a few weeks of local food we often hanker for a (e.g) Sunday lunch, curry, brekkie or burger. So will check it out later.

If anyone goes as a result of this - please let us know your thoughts

Jon
restaurante revolution - Restaurante em Vila Real de Santo António

As you come into VRSA after crossing the railway line, head towards the LIDL roundabout. About 20m before the roundabout, the last road before, turn right. Its the snack bar looking place (about 20-30m more) on the left - on the corner of the first road left.

Also from Pingo Doce, its the last road on the left before the roundabout. Then first right - first left - at the end

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Feb 27th 2018 at 9:35 am.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi

Whilst driving around we saw new signs for a new resto in VRSA. Well we haven't see the signs before.

I drove past it to check it out, looks like a snack bar. And I didn't see the Revolution sign on the door either. But I was curious as I saw 2 signs - one in English saying 'the best meat in the world!' Gotta check that baby out

As we just arrived its not for us (at the moment) .... but.... it seems to make wonderful burgers - chicken salads (as per photos) etc. I only use FB for menus, but there they have 3 great reviews... but they could be from friends.

It seems to me to be a new resto - with a potential. After a few weeks of local food we often hanker for a (e.g) Sunday lunch, curry, brekkie or burger. So will check it out later.

If anyone goes as a result of this - please let us know your thoughts

Jon
restaurante revolution - Restaurante em Vila Real de Santo António

As you come into VRSA after crossing the railway line, head towards the LIDL roundabout. About 20m before the roundabout, the last road before, turn right. Its the snack bar looking place (about 20-30m more) on the left - on the corner of the first road left.

Also from Pingo Doce, its the last road on the left before the roundabout. Then first right - first left - at the end
Have you been for the lunches at the Catering College in VRSA. This is fine dining. It was €15 but I think it may have gone up to €17. 4 courses coffee and wine included. You have to book. I think there could be one next Wednesday.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 2:49 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivia
Have you been for the lunches at the Catering College in VRSA. This is fine dining. It was €15 but I think it may have gone up to €17. 4 courses coffee and wine included. You have to book. I think there could be one next Wednesday.
Thanks Olivia good idea, I didn't know this.

Do you have any contact info / webpage, please?

I googled and got the tourism school, that also does training for hotel positions... Perhaps that includes catering.

Thanks again

Jon
Old Mar 1st 2018, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks Olivia good idea, I didn't know this.

Do you have any contact info / webpage, please?

I googled and got the tourism school, that also does training for hotel positions... Perhaps that includes catering.

Thanks again

Jon
I went with a friend and I think you have the right place it is right at the top end of the main Street walking away from the marina. It is a large building on your right painted blue and white from recollection. Besides the fabulous food it is interesting to see the students in training. I think you can book in the office at the entrance which is always open. I have sent an email to my friend for contact details and will forward when I have a reply.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have an email to forward. But have no idea how to put it in this box.
If you will send me your email I will forward it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.