Restaurants

Old Jun 17th 2017, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Uncle Buck
CE Golf club has been real busy with golfers, sometimes 30-40 in at a time for end of round drinks and food. Busiest we've seen it for a good few years. Good few locals in as well.

Still very quiet in the evenings but at least it is here when you want it and the food is pretty good now.

They are doing meat stew, a drink and desert for 10€ on a Monday and 2 for 1 meals on a Wednesday.

I know these guys aren't the best option to take over at the 19th Hole but at least it will give the place some stability and survive better when it is quiet. Let's hope they make a good go of it.

The shop is also very busy every night and glad they are starting to expand, as long as they do it slowly but surely.

Could be a good year for all...
After a long day on the beach yesterday (Friday 16 June) we decided to get spruced up and head to the clubhouse for a drink and meal, instead of going back into town. Arrived at 10pm to be greeted by a virtually empty clubhouse, with the exception of a quiz night. Ordered our drinks and despite there being someone in the kitchen were told no food was available. Ended up at the mini market with wine and pizza. Not exactly what we had hoped for. Needless to say, lesson learned!!
Old Jun 24th 2017, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

I have been twice to Pizzaria Siena this week. It is opposite the marina in town, formerly El Faro. They do probably the best pizzas in town. I have promised myself to go back there soon to taste their pasta, as they have an Italian menu and the owner is half from this country. They are all lovely people, they speak English (at least the waiter) and the prices are very reasonable, about 7€ per pizza. We had a really good time there.
Old Jun 24th 2017, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JeanMichel
I have been twice to Pizzaria Siena this week. It is opposite the marina in town, formerly El Faro. They do probably the best pizzas in town. I have promised myself to go back there soon to taste their pasta, as they have an Italian menu and the owner is half from this country. They are all lovely people, they speak English (at least the waiter) and the prices are very reasonable, about 7€ per pizza. We had a really good time there.

Another free meal JEANMICHEL. ???
Old Jun 25th 2017, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

No... I love one of them!....
Old Jul 1st 2017, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand it's difficult to get a balance.They either want a busy golfing community club which is fine or a social club (which when we arrived many years ago ) they had.Namely people watching football, quizzes,book clubs etc,etc. That's what happened to Jags/Hoyo19 the balance needs a lot of thought but to survive as business they must be flexible perhaps I may be wrong and they are happy and things are as they want them ? Any thoughts !
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JeanMichel
No... I love one of them!....
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Close to being on topic

I recently came across the following link to Spanish recipes.
The following is the index with a fair number of dishes :-

Todas las recetas por orden alfabético - Recetas de rechupete - Recetas de cocina caseras y fáciles

Whilst this is a link from a search for patatas:-

Has buscado patatas - Recetas de rechupete - Recetas de cocina caseras y fáciles

Old Sep 9th 2017, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

Sad news Kitapena Flamenco are closing down tonight. Had a lot of good nights there though we did prefer it when it was opposite El Choco.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Margaret and Derek
Sad news Kitapena Flamenco are closing down tonight. Had a lot of good nights there though we did prefer it when it was opposite El Choco.
OMG, that is so sad. Used to go when they were opposite El Choco (another favourite) but not since they moved. Do you think it was due to the new location?

Hope you are both ok xx
Old Sep 9th 2017, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeCol
OMG, that is so sad. Used to go when they were opposite El Choco (another favourite) but not since they moved. Do you think it was due to the new location?

Hope you are both ok xx
Think that might be reason, he has been advertising right up till yesterday, then suddenly announced it this morning. Was busy weekends but sometimes we were only ones there through week.

Yes both fine thanks.
Derek
Old Sep 11th 2017, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Mascara22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Taking friends out tonight for a nice meal who haven't been to Ayamonte before, so many changes on resto's, can anyone recommend somewhere to go please?
Old Sep 11th 2017, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mascara22
Taking friends out tonight for a nice meal who haven't been to Ayamonte before, so many changes on resto's, can anyone recommend somewhere to go please?
Peurte Ancha in Laguna Square
Old Oct 6th 2017, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Ken and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant future

Thought it worth giving them a shout out - for the last night on our last visit, we went to the Parrilla Grill in Ayamonte - was previously Gavin's great resto, so a hard act to follow !. It had only been open a few days after their holidays - It has now been reduced in size inside, but thought the ambiance was good, the staff very attentive (possibly because it was quiet), but the food was good, can't remember what we had was called, but worth a visit, not over-priced, and we'll certainly be going back during our next trip for another go.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Gavins great resto ??? I don'think I could honestly agree with that. Average at best we thought. Puerta ancha far superior for not much more money. They relied on English punters only. If you check trip advisor the spanish slagged it. Sorry.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Ken and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant future

Why are you saying sorry ??.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you to yours, and me to mine, I thought this site encouraged individual's opinions - if they were all the same, it would be very boring !.
The old Gavin's and Puerta Anchor, were 2 different styles, of ambiance & food, I wasn't comparing them, you were doing that.
True, Puerta Anchor is a great resto and we visit it frequently, but we certainly miss the old Gavin's, sorry!.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.