Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mystery Sound around Vista Esuri

Mystery Sound around Vista Esuri

Old Apr 30th 2017, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road
Question Mystery Sound around Vista Esuri

not sure what this is but i can hear a mystery sound outside for the last days. it sounds like a phone ringing at times

can't really locate it and can even hear it outside the little super market
Old Apr 30th 2017, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mystery Sound around Vista Esuri

Could it be the Hoopoe?

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wi...poe/index.aspx
Old May 1st 2017, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Carol&John
I agree with Carol & John, the call of the Hoopoe could be mistaken for a phone ring tone. Hoop hoop hoop, hoop hoop hoop 🐦
Old May 1st 2017, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry first photo a little blurred but it shows the markings.
Attached Thumbnails Mystery Sound around Vista Esuri-pa050052.jpg   Mystery Sound around Vista Esuri-pa050028.jpg   Mystery Sound around Vista Esuri-pa050037.jpg  
Old May 1st 2017, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Hi
There were certainly more than usual around Canela over the Easter period,could be the mating season ?
Chris
Old May 4th 2017, 9:08 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Sorry first photo a little blurred but it shows the markings.
Funny! We were there recently, and I thought it was someones alarm that was repeatedly going on snooze... (it often starts in the morning) Until the BH was sunning on the terrace one morning and the bird came right there.... she took a photo, but yours are better.

There is a lot of birdsong at the moment, and they even sing from our bathroom windowsill, and if we are quiet we can come right near them, as we are a little bit screened by the mozzie nets.

BTW Im not a twitcher, (but have been known to be a bird-watcher ) but here in Brussels we have pelegrine falcons 'nesting' at the church opposite us. We've also seen their babies, nervously on the edge of the tower scared to make the first flight, and I have to say we have really enjoyed watching and hearing them ... and seeing the first flights are a pleasure. Though I was hoping that they would be more effective at ridding us of the pigeons. Ive seen one incident when they got one and were having a snack.

Blimey whats going on! Next thing I will wake up one morning and smell the roses!

Jon
Old May 4th 2017, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Funny! We were there recently, and I thought it was someones alarm that was repeatedly going on snooze... (it often starts in the morning) Until the BH was sunning on the terrace one morning and the bird came right there.... she took a photo, but yours are better.

There is a lot of birdsong at the moment, and they even sing from our bathroom windowsill, and if we are quiet we can come right near them, as we are a little bit screened by the mozzie nets.

BTW Im not a twitcher, (but have been known to be a bird-watcher ) but here in Brussels we have pelegrine falcons 'nesting' at the church opposite us. We've also seen their babies, nervously on the edge of the tower scared to make the first flight, and I have to say we have really enjoyed watching and hearing them ... and seeing the first flights are a pleasure. Though I was hoping that they would be more effective at ridding us of the pigeons. Ive seen one incident when they got one and were having a snack.

Blimey whats going on! Next thing I will wake up one morning and smell the roses!

Jon
It's an age thing Jon, you are obviously mellowing 😉
Old May 4th 2017, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

Jon

Oh, I thought you said 'roasties' and that you were eating one
Old May 5th 2017, 6:33 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
It's an age thing Jon, you are obviously mellowing 😉
Old May 5th 2017, 6:35 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Oh, I thought you said 'roasties' and that you were eating one
Have to wait till Sunday!!