LIDL

Old Jul 8th 2016, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default LIDL

I hear that they have started building a new LIDL in Ayamonte - on the left just past McD's
Old Jul 8th 2016, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

AliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LIDL

WOW that would be great,, for Ayamonte, not so great for Vila Real, no need to cross the river any more for all those lovely LIDL products,,
Old Jul 10th 2016, 8:22 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AliceB
WOW that would be great,, for Ayamonte, not so great for Vila Real, no need to cross the river any more for all those lovely LIDL products,,
I think Aldi missed a trick here, but great news. Lidl have some great products like cheeses, veg, gadgets etc, and lidl VRSA is open from 8am to midnight daily ST, handy.

Having one on this side, so close by is good news for us

Jon
Old Jul 10th 2016, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I think Aldi missed a trick here, but great news. Lidl have some great products like cheeses, veg, gadgets etc, and lidl VRSA is open from 8am to midnight daily ST, handy.

Having one on this side, so close by is good news for us

Jon
Must agree Jon we have Lidl in Isla Cristina and VRSto close enough for me. Aldi is a great addition and you have to go to either Lepe or Tavira for the nearest.. Also a site on the Poligono nearer the motorway would make sense in commercial terms. The site near McD's seems a bit "thin" for the standard box both the retailers prefer so we will just have to see what turns up. You would have thought the Mayor would be crowing from the rooftop if it was dead certain as both pay top dollar and employ a good number of people.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Must agree Jon we have Lidl in Isla Cristina and VRSto close enough for me. Aldi is a great addition and you have to go to either Lepe or Tavira for the nearest.. Also a site on the Poligono nearer the motorway would make sense in commercial terms. The site near McD's seems a bit "thin" for the standard box both the retailers prefer so we will just have to see what turns up. You would have thought the Mayor would be crowing from the rooftop if it was dead certain as both pay top dollar and employ a good number of people.
It will be interesting to see what they stock, however, as long as they have a bakery I shall be happy as they do the best croissants ever. Something I know that Jean Michel will agree with me on, Bryony
Old Jul 11th 2016, 9:30 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
It will be interesting to see what they stock, however, as long as they have a bakery I shall be happy as they do the best croissants ever. Something I know that Jean Michel will agree with me on, Bryony
Yes sometimes Aldi/Lidl gets a bad rap, but we are more than happy to use them. Aldi in the UK (not Europe) have an award winning Gin Bottle of gin from Aldi costing just £10 beats rivals including Bombay Sapphire and Hendricks in taste test | Daily Mail Online and also Champagne, that in blind tests came out in the top 3 compared to other products costing maybe 2-3 times more. From respected blind tasters.

Aldi have good TV ads too, one of my favourites was the Tea ad!

Other products often have e.g the TUV recommendation of quality. The cheese selections, veg etc are often better than other supermarkets with good or often better pricing.

I cant go into either without scanning the gadget sections in the middle of the store.

I would have preferred an Aldi as the drive to VRSA isn't long, to have a selection of both, but still good news to have Lidl here. I wonder if the pricing will be different.

LIDL Croissants are great, and I can also recommend Corvo (Castro Marim) for them.

Good news

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 11th 2016 at 9:45 am.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Old Aug 4th 2016, 6:28 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It's always difficult to compare Aldi in the UK with Aldi in Spain as they are separate companies with different management.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 10:50 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It's always difficult to compare Aldi in the UK with Aldi in Spain as they are separate companies with different management.

I get the impression that Aldi in Spain is not as good as Lidl or as popular, but the reverse seems to be the case in the UK.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 6:42 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I get the impression that Aldi in Spain is not as good as Lidl or as popular, but the reverse seems to be the case in the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/po...wars-aldi-lidl

Adam's verdict It's very easy to act like a supermarket snob on the subject of discount supermarkets

We were visiting my father in law a few years back for lunch in the beautiful city of Ghent. There was no traffic on the m-way and we arrived 30 mins early. So we stopped at his local Aldi to pick up supplies. Including loo roll. First time we had used this product.

Great product!!

When it was time to renew I jumped into the car and our local Aldi didn't have it. So I set off all over Brussels to the Aldi's there. Took me hours!! No loo roll of the same type at any of them!

I assumed that it was local, though it didn't make sense to me.

The next trip to Ghent, I was determined to stock up on this excellent product, so we left early and made sure the boot was empty! We turned up at the original store, only to find that it was, in fact.... Lidl!!! They are so similar, I got it mixed up! But we like both.

Our local Lidl a few minutes walk away was full of stock!! I originally took the car as I didn't want to be seen by our neighbours carrying some huge bumper packs of loo roll. I don't want my reputation as a cook to be tarnished

Now I am no longer broken hearted

So come and visit us in either country, and you know what to expect when sitting 'on the throne'!! Floralys 4sheet (spelled carefully with no French accent!! . )
I have no commercial contact with this company!
Jon

PS I remember the days when we had to put a penny to use a public loo..... On a wall I read... 'Here I sit broken hearted, spent a penny, only f**ted'

PPS in these 'Olympic times' if you have been inspired by my story of my epic search and eventual success, and want to try this product, please note that so far it has always been available in Lidl VRSA.... But not there at the Lidl next to Carrefour in Cartaya. Hopefully it will be at the new Ayamonte store.

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 5th 2016 at 7:06 am.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.theguardian.com/money/po...wars-aldi-lidl

Adam's verdict It's very easy to act like a supermarket snob on the subject of discount supermarkets

We were visiting my father in law a few years back for lunch in the beautiful city of Ghent. There was no traffic on the m-way and we arrived 30 mins early. So we stopped at his local Aldi to pick up supplies. Including loo roll. First time we had used this product.

Great product!!

When it was time to renew I jumped into the car and our local Aldi didn't have it. So I set off all over Brussels to the Aldi's there. Took me hours!! No loo roll of the same type at any of them!

I assumed that it was local, though it didn't make sense to me.

The next trip to Ghent, I was determined to stock up on this excellent product, so we left early and made sure the boot was empty! We turned up at the original store, only to find that it was, in fact.... Lidl!!! They are so similar, I got it mixed up! But we like both.

Our local Lidl a few minutes walk away was full of stock!! I originally took the car as I didn't want to be seen by our neighbours carrying some huge bumper packs of loo roll. I don't want my reputation as a cook to be tarnished

Now I am no longer broken hearted

So come and visit us in either country, and you know what to expect when sitting 'on the throne'!! Floralys 4sheet (spelled carefully with no French accent!! . )
I have no commercial contact with this company!
Jon

PS I remember the days when we had to put a penny to use a public loo..... On a wall I read... 'Here I sit broken hearted, spent a penny, only f**ted'

PPS in these 'Olympic times' if you have been inspired by my story of my epic search and eventual success, and want to try this product, please note that so far it has always been available in Lidl VRSA.... But not there at the Lidl next to Carrefour in Cartaya. Hopefully it will be at the new Ayamonte store.
Has anyone seen any construction on this new "store" or is it just a mythical Lidl/Aldi? In the time we have been discussing it/them Lidl had built the Lidl in Oldbrook MK and were block paving the car park!
Old Aug 5th 2016, 8:55 am
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Has anyone seen any construction on this new "store" or is it just a mythical Lidl/Aldi? In the time we have been discussing it/them Lidl had built the Lidl in Oldbrook MK and were block paving the car park!
My neighbour saw surveyors on site two weeks ago test drilling and taking soil/rock samples.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 10:01 am
BE Positive

By means of a 'public service' though I prefer the LIDL loo roll. Aldi do a 4 sheet/ply called Sublimo Luxe, and if you are driving through France, Marche U's own brand 5 ply is also good.

Both will do 'in a pinch'!!

Jon
Old Aug 5th 2016, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

By means of a 'public service' though I prefer the LIDL loo roll. Aldi do a 4 sheet/ply called Sublimo Luxe, and if you are driving through France, Marche U's own brand 5 ply is also good.

Both will do 'in a pinch'!!

Jon
4ply!, 5ply! that's a bit effete isn't it? What's wrong with a square of newspaper with a hole in the corner for the string? Best use for the DM some might say. Mind you, modern newsprint can leave you with a black hand - I wonder if anybody has an opinion as to which newspaper has the most durable ink?
Old Aug 5th 2016, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
4ply!, 5ply! that's a bit effete isn't it? What's wrong with a square of newspaper with a hole in the corner for the string? Best use for the DM some might say. Mind you, modern newsprint can leave you with a black hand - I wonder if anybody has an opinion as to which newspaper has the most durable ink?
Newspapers were good both in the loo and also the Chip shop and occasionally one also got the benefit of a good read

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.