Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Social - 13th August 2015

Sydney CBD Social - 13th August 2015

Old Aug 13th 2015, 1:19 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Social - 13th August 2015

Hey Folks,

Oaters is on a course in the CBD this week, and has suggested meeting for beers at The Arthouse:

The Arthouse

Sounds good to me.

See you later.

S
Old Aug 18th 2015, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

KFD333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney CBD Social - 13th August 2015

hey Swerv-o what is the usual body count at these meets ? landing back in the country soon[please view public profile] and looking for a starting point to network and make new friends and acquaintances
thanks K.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 11:33 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KFD333
hey Swerv-o what is the usual body count at these meets ? landing back in the country soon[please view public profile] and looking for a starting point to network and make new friends and acquaintances
thanks K.

Hi K,

Bodycount can depend on many things - but it's usually smaller in the winter. Last week we had 10 or so people, but several people are away on holiday this week, so may be quieter.

We meet up every week regardless though, usually in a pub in the CBD. Haven't chosen this week, but I'll have a think and post something up.

Tombstone to Sydney - interesting trip. Looking forward to hearing about that one!

S
Old Aug 19th 2015, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

KFD333 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah interesting to say the least... Tombstone is defiantly laid back almost in reverse, but I went there for a purpose and it was served after the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles, Bunbury WA was also laid back in a mini city way , But now looking into getting into an expat community and mixing with people from my roots. After living in the states and living in AU I can defiantly say I prefer the AU culture, attitude and life style... where are the larger expat communities and what is the demographics of your meets Swerv-o?
thanks again K.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 12:04 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by KFD333
yeah interesting to say the least... Tombstone is defiantly laid back almost in reverse, but I went there for a purpose and it was served after the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles, Bunbury WA was also laid back in a mini city way , But now looking into getting into an expat community and mixing with people from my roots. After living in the states and living in AU I can defiantly say I prefer the AU culture, attitude and life style... where are the larger expat communities and what is the demographics of your meets Swerv-o?
thanks again K.

Our demographic is very much young (I say young - I mean 30s-40s) professional people, most of which work in the City. Generally IT or finance/accounting, HR sort of occupations. Some single people, some not.

We meet regularly once a week for Thursday drinks, and then there are inevitably some weekend meetings as well - pub crawls, barbecues etc.

You're more then welcome to join us

S