Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Old Oct 19th 2006, 5:51 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Originally Posted by Raiinoz
Hey there Swerv-O, one more post to go and you're up to 500!!! and another little star maybe??

S and I will be there, we'll be the knackered looking ones after our early morning start and long day out!
Hey, you're right! And I appear to have collected loads of Karma too. Not sure where that's come from. I never usually look at that stuff.

S
Old Oct 19th 2006, 5:55 am
Just Joined

Raiinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hey, you're right! And I appear to have collected loads of Karma too. Not sure where that's come from. I never usually look at that stuff.

S
Neither do I normally, but I've been watching your Karma grow, and the little stars...

when i first met you, you were an unknown quantity (or something like that), much like myself...

Just goes to show what you can achieve with that tough job of yours!!!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 1:43 am
now sweet kraut

sour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to all

Hey Swerv-o,
would it be ok to join your little crowd one Thursday or other? I travel past Central Station around 6.30pm, usually.
Can't do this Saturday, we're going out of town, my partner has just been made a great-uncle. He's off looking for grey hairs now...
Old Oct 20th 2006, 1:45 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sour kraut
Hey Swerv-o,
would it be ok to join your little crowd one Thursday or other? I travel past Central Station around 6.30pm, usually.
Can't do this Saturday, we're going out of town, my partner has just been made a great-uncle. He's off looking for grey hairs now...
No worries, feel free. I am going to draw up an itinerary of pubs for us to try out over the coming weeks. When we find one we all like, we can stay there for a bit. I will post regular updates, so everybody knows where we are going.

S
Old Oct 20th 2006, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Bermuda Girl is a jewel in the roughBermuda Girl is a jewel in the roughBermuda Girl is a jewel in the roughBermuda Girl is a jewel in the rough

No worries, feel free. I am going to draw up an itinerary of pubs for us to try out over the coming weeks. When we find one we all like, we can stay there for a bit. I will post regular updates, so everybody knows where we are going.

S

Hi All,

Sorry I missed the meet on the 12th. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Then again, I've seen Swerv-o's dalek impression before, so maybe I didn't miss too much.

I might be able to make Saturday evening, but not sure yet. I've got a BBQ in the afternoon and I've no idea if it will be the type of gathering that goes on all evening too, or if things will be winding up by 7. If the latter I'll come and meet you all.

Swervo - I'll send you a text Saturday evening if I'm coming.

Hope to meet you all soon.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:12 am
now sweet kraut

sour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to all

Hi Swerv-o,
any updates yet on up and coming pubs? Not that I'm dying for a beer here or anything, like...
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:54 am
has lost The Game

Hi Swerv-o,
any updates yet on up and coming pubs? Not that I'm dying for a beer here or anything, like...
OK. I had forgotten about this.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who came to the CBD drinks evening on Saturday night at the Belgian Beer Cafe. Soory about the licencing laws there though - I perhaps wouldn't choose it again, after the initial debacle with the food ordering. Next time I guess we should clarify if we are meeting to eat and drink or just drink.

Now, this week, owing to the things, I won't be able to make Thursday night, but that doesn't stop the rest of you doing something if you wish. I will be around next week though, and was going to suggest the Hollywood Hotel, as it's usually a pretty good place to go, as the bar isn't completely dominated by pokie machines, so has more of a proper pub feel to it. It just needs a dart board.

Here is the URL - Let me know your thoughts

http://www.hotelhollywood.com.au/

The address is given as Surrey hills, but it's only a short walk from Museum station, so is just about CBD.

S
Old Oct 25th 2006, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

katherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nice

OK. I had forgotten about this.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who came to the CBD drinks evening on Saturday night at the Belgian Beer Cafe. Soory about the licencing laws there though - I perhaps wouldn't choose it again, after the initial debacle with the food ordering. Next time I guess we should clarify if we are meeting to eat and drink or just drink.

Now, this week, owing to the things, I won't be able to make Thursday night, but that doesn't stop the rest of you doing something if you wish. I will be around next week though, and was going to suggest the Hollywood Hotel, as it's usually a pretty good place to go, as the bar isn't completely dominated by pokie machines, so has more of a proper pub feel to it. It just needs a dart board.

Here is the URL - Let me know your thoughts

http://www.hotelhollywood.com.au/

The address is given as Surrey hills, but it's only a short walk from Museum station, so is just about CBD.

S
Thanks for organising Saturday - it was fun. I thought the Belgium Beer Cafe was pretty cool although the licensing laws were pretty odd, so perhaps it's not the best place to go for a long night out, but certainly somewhere pretty good to start I thought.

Unfortunately we can't make this Thursday or the next because of our hols. But if the car makes it back, we'll be there for the next meet up.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 6:21 am
now sweet kraut

Oh that suits me, I can't do this week either, so next Thu sounds great, it's pay day, too! Near Museum station is fine by me, so I'll put that in the diary. Partners allowed?
Old Oct 25th 2006, 6:34 am
has lost The Game

Oh that suits me, I can't do this week either, so next Thu sounds great, it's pay day, too! Near Museum station is fine by me, so I'll put that in the diary. Partners allowed?
Excellent. Of course partners are allowed, and pretty much any other waifs and strays that you may find along the way...

S
Old Oct 25th 2006, 6:57 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent. Of course partners are allowed, and pretty much any other waifs and strays that you may find along the way...

S
Are we talking this Thursday or next?

We land Sunday evening in Sydney and it would be great to meet some of you!

Graham
Old Oct 25th 2006, 7:00 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by northerner
Are we talking this Thursday or next?

We land Sunday evening in Sydney and it would be great to meet some of you!

Graham

Next Thursday, November 2.

Venue to be confirmed, though a place has been suggested.

Any takers?

S
Old Oct 25th 2006, 7:10 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Any takers?

S
Yes we'd be very interested in a few 's

Would be nice to get the low down on Sydney from you all!!

Graham
Old Oct 25th 2006, 7:12 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by northerner
Yes we'd be very interested in a few 's

Would be nice to get the low down on Sydney from you all!!

Graham
We usually meet at about 6:30 in a bar in the CBD. The last bar was a bit of a hole, so we're looking for a new place.

The plan was to try several, then decide which we preferred. Feel free to come along.

S
Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:49 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Any takers?

S
Bloody typical - I have not been able to make all of the meets so far, and that is the day I pick the olds up from the airport.. so I am unable to make it for that or the following ones...
I will come along eventually!!!
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.