Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Old Oct 13th 2006, 5:03 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Originally Posted by orange&
We'll try to make another Thursday night, although 21st is out... will be getting on a plane to somewhere exotic.
Cancel. How can anywhere be more exotic than Sydney CBD?
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I'm glad too.

Right - the bash on the 21st then. I would suggest The Belgian Beer Cafe on Miller street - it's fantastic - and they serve Leffe - I've had a great night out every time that I've been. Great food, great beer - a perfect combination...

Have a look here and let me know what you think:

http://www.belgian-beer-cafe.com.au/default.asp?id=1

S

web site says it's inside a shopping mall, not familiar with this area where's it near ?
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:53 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kbryant
web site says it's inside a shopping mall, not familiar with this area where's it near ?
Well Multimap says it's halfway between Cammeray and Crows Nest, but I don't remember it being so far from the City when I went before. I'm sure it was much closer. Infact, I'm sure that we walked from there to the Shangri-la

Maybe there is more than one Belgian bar? I find that difficult to believe. Belgium isn't that great!

S
Old Oct 13th 2006, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

Well Multimap says it's halfway between Cammeray and Crows Nest, but I don't remember it being so far from the City when I went before. I'm sure it was much closer. Infact, I'm sure that we walked from there to the Shangri-la

Maybe there is more than one Belgian bar? I find that difficult to believe. Belgium isn't that great!

S

Yep accoording to website there is 2 of them, the one you are thinking of must be the one in the Rocks then, this one it is I guess.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 7:49 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Yep accoording to website there is 2 of them, the one you are thinking of must be the one in the Rocks then, this one it is I guess.
Yes, that sounds more like it. Who would have thought there would have been 2 belgian bars? Well I never. Anyway, it's pretty good, though I have obviously posted the wrong web site now, so that will no doubt come back to bite me in the bum.

I told you I was no good at organising things!

S
Old Oct 13th 2006, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

Yes, that sounds more like it. Who would have thought there would have been 2 belgian bars? Well I never. Anyway, it's pretty good, though I have obviously posted the wrong web site now, so that will no doubt come back to bite me in the bum.

I told you I was no good at organising things!

S

There's a Belgian beer place on the edge of the Rocks - just a stone's throw from Wynyard Bus Station. Then there's a newly opened Bavarian place on York Street. Both good, but if you have a big party, you'll need to book.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:07 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by orange&
There's a Belgian beer place on the edge of the Rocks - just a stone's throw from Wynyard Bus Station. Then there's a newly opened Bavarian place on York Street. Both good, but if you have a big party, you'll need to book.
Right then, so that's the Belgian Beer place (near The Rocks, not Cammeray) for the 21st of October. That's this weekend! Yikes!

Is anybody around for another Thursday meet this week? If so, we should try and find another venue I think.

S
Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:40 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Right then, so that's the Belgian Beer place (near The Rocks, not Cammeray) for the 21st of October. That's this weekend! Yikes!

Is anybody around for another Thursday meet this week? If so, we should try and find another venue I think.

S
What kind of place do you have in mind? Trendy? Old farts? Backpackers? Comfy seats? Banging music? Indoors? Outdoors? Beers? Cocktails? Happy hours? $6 steaks?
Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:43 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by chels
What kind of place do you have in mind? Trendy? Old farts? Backpackers? Comfy seats? Banging music? Indoors? Outdoors? Beers? Cocktails? Happy hours? $6 steaks?
I like the sound of compfy seats, beers and $6 steaks!

S
Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:44 am
Mozzie magnet

I like the sound of compfy seats, beers and $6 steaks!

S
So do I - haven't found anywhere yet that has all three!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

S

What time on Sat ?
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:21 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

What time on Sat ?
Doh! We're arriving one week too late to meet up with you all

We'll wait for the next one and see you there!

Graham
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

katherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nice

Originally Posted by northerner
Doh! We're arriving one week too late to meet up with you all

We'll wait for the next one and see you there!

Graham
Don't worry, this hopefully won't be the last!

So about Saturday, shall we meet at 7:30pm? Too early? Too late?

And are we still meeting on Thursday, or is once a week enough?
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:48 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by katherinious

I'm certainly available for a Thursday meet, and I'm sure that Bruce will be if anyone wants to come. I can understand that you may not want to as we're meeting on Saturday though.

S
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by katherinious

7.30pm Sat sounds great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.