SE QLD 4WD trip

Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:14 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SE QLD 4WD trip

Also seen this

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190168096441

for those after handhelds
Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
will have a look at them !!!!!!! cheers m8

Just looking on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GME-ELECTROPH...QQcmdZViewItem
I reckon the 3420 is the one to go for
Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Are we dead set on the 25th guys? The weekend after would be perfect for me as we have VIP's over from the UK then.

The VIP's are my ex missus and daughter who I really want to impress in the hope that they stop here. We split up over the whole move to Oz and my son wants his mam and sister to be here with him.

And its my sons birthday the week after too. So that would be a memorable one for him alright.

Jazzys
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:27 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
I reckon the 3420 is the one to go for
hmm me too....

currently at $265 ! not bloody bad !

Not sure how the detachable bit works... says needs a din socket.

Or can ya stow main unit under seat with lead from that to the fascia display up on the dashboard??
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:41 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andicee
You beat me to it. Has a date been set? And for what it's worth I vote for BBQ, Eskying AND a quick(ish)pint.
Sunday 25th at the moment Andy. Could change .....

We'll need to get the CB's fitted so Fluffy can give the orders out :-)
Mate, it's afree for all once you get on that beach - you'll see what I mean! Think the best thing is to arrange for everyone to meet at a certain place (for re-fuelling (Food & Beer))and let them go off and do there thing for a while!

Originally Posted by 232Bar
What about "Group Captain Campfire"
Has got quite a ring to it

Originally Posted by annqldau
Tide times attached for that date...

see below
Thanks for that Ann - from this I can estimate that we should all meet at 1200hrs precise! Will give late arrivers a chance to get there and for peeps to talk about how fat their tyres are and how cool there suspension is and how they are gonna do 'this & that' to their 4bys!

Originally Posted by 232Bar
I just realised HOW MANY POSTS YOU HAVE!!!!! Get offline and do something sensible instead of wasting your time on here all the time :curse:

Originally Posted by jazzys
Are we dead set on the 25th guys? The weekend after would be perfect for me as we have VIP's over from the UK then.

The VIP's are my ex missus and daughter who I really want to impress in the hope that they stop here. We split up over the whole move to Oz and my son wants his mam and sister to be here with him.

And its my sons birthday the week after too. So that would be a memorable one for him alright.

Jazzys
Jeff - nothing is set in stone yet mate. If others are in agreeance, the date could easily be changed. Do you have a 4WD?

OK, here's a link to where we will be meeting. To explain briefly, as you approach the ocean/ beach carpark at Woorim on Bribie, you will see a small roundabout in front of you. Just before you get to that roundabout, you will see a large car park on your left hand side. This is the car park for the pub, bottlo etc....usually more spaces than the larger car park further on! We will be driving a Silver Ford Escape Rego # 154 ***

Direction wise, just come off the motorway at the Caboolture/ Bribie turn off and keep going - headed for Bribie/ Woorim. If anyone is unsure, PM me and I'll give you my mobile number to call on the day.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

mrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nice
Smile Re: SE QLD 4WD trip

Our friends Andy and Jayne said they are coming along as well. They have their own car as does Mick and Tracey
Yep we're up for it

Andy and Jayne
Old Nov 7th 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

I'm borrowing a 4WD off timber floor Au.

Jeff
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:47 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

oh wow, this sounds amazing. please take some photo's for us buggers still in uk. have fun
bec
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:55 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

hmm me too....

Or can ya stow main unit under seat with lead from that to the fascia display up on the dashboard??
My main unit is under the drink holders in the centre behind the gear lever. There is enough lead to mount the remote head on the top of the dash in the centre recess. Power is fed from the back of the 12v socket in the centre box and fed down the back to the main unit. (That's in a Pathfinder btw)
Old Nov 7th 2007, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

hmm me too....

They are doing Buy Now at $365 so I reckon the one your'e looking at will go up (it's currently at $300). At $365 it's still cheaper than elsewhere though. Remember you need an antenna as well. ($50 - $100)
As 232Bar says, they are easy to fit. If you want something even easier have a look at the CB with all the controls in the Mic (GME)

Should be a good day out but we need to get the date fixed as we have got people coming over from Europe as well

Last edited by kevinbloomfield; Nov 7th 2007 at 9:17 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 2:03 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

just spotted this!
are many kids going? - son 15 daughter 12, we have a hilux 4x4 ute (!) ( i can just see MrW rolling on the floor with embarasment that i've asked such a question) would this be up for it?
cheers
Nicky
Old Nov 8th 2007, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

They are doing Buy Now at $365 so I reckon the one your'e looking at will go up (it's currently at $300). At $365 it's still cheaper than elsewhere though. Remember you need an antenna as well. ($50 - $100)
As 232Bar says, they are easy to fit. If you want something even easier have a look at the CB with all the controls in the Mic (GME)

Should be a good day out but we need to get the date fixed as we have got people coming over from Europe as well
This is definiely the unit to get. The GME 3420 hat is. It has since been superseeded by the fancy model (TX3440) with all the controls on the mic, but I reckon that means the price of the 3420 will come down. You'll also need a means of fixing it to your bull bar or gutter, so don't forget to order that at the same time.

I used this mob

http://stores.ebay.com.au/UHF-GPS-Gadgets-plus-more

and had no problems at all. The TX650 handhelds are also a neat pair of radios. I will probably lend one to Fluffy for the day, so will have one spare. First come etc. It's a right laugh giving each other abuse as you tear up and down the beach/highway/someone's front lawn!

Originally Posted by thewoodz
just spotted this!
are many kids going? - son 15 daughter 12, we have a hilux 4x4 ute (!) ( i can just see MrW rolling on the floor with embarasment that i've asked such a question) would this be up for it?
cheers
Nicky
Yep, we're dragging our 11 year old daughter along. We're really looking forward to this!

Andy
Old Nov 8th 2007, 2:45 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andicee

Yep, we're dragging our 11 year old daughter along. We're really looking forward to this!

Andy
ah good!

we were only talking last week about seeing where we could drive on the beach
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:36 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

As most folks know, Jazzy Jeff has requested that the date be changed to the weekend after the 25th November. This is the 2nd December. Does anyone have any probs with changing the date - apart from the fact that they'll have to wait another week to play in the sand like children?

If not, then it's easily changed - what say the masses?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:48 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Not to put a downer on things, but you need a permit to drive on the beach. If you think you'll go more than once you can get one for a year for just over $100. Alternatively, you can still go and hope you don't get caught

Permit costs are here

Applications forms are here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.