Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scottish meet up

Scottish meet up

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Scottish meet up

Now Xmas and New Year is out of the way I think it is about time that we have another meet up. Say Glasgow or Edinburgh on either Sat 23rd of Feb or Sat 1st of March. Will see what suits everyone then decide on venue etc.

Debbie
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

chasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant future
Default Re: Scottish meet up

Hi Debbie!

Happy New Year!
Any plans for an Aberdeen meet-up? Glasgow/Edinburgh is a bit out of the way for us, and there are a few of us up here. If you can't manage I don't mind organising one!
Mags
x
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chasingthedream
Hi Debbie!

Happy New Year!
Any plans for an Aberdeen meet-up? Glasgow/Edinburgh is a bit out of the way for us, and there are a few of us up here. If you can't manage I don't mind organising one!
Mags
x

Hi Mags

Happy New Year!

We were in Aberdeen quite recently to see the OH family, probably heading up again end of March or beginning of April. Feel free to organise a meet in Aberdeen, if we can we will be there. Next few months are really busy for us re organising the move down under etc. If we do not see you in Aberdeen will definitely arrange to meet up in Brisbane. Take care!

Debbie
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

chasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Hi Mags

Happy New Year!

We were in Aberdeen quite recently to see the OH family, probably heading up again end of March or beginning of April. Feel free to organise a meet in Aberdeen, if we can we will be there. Next few months are really busy for us re organising the move down under etc. If we do not see you in Aberdeen will definitely arrange to meet up in Brisbane. Take care!

Debbie
No problem Debbie! I'll organise something up here for us peeps in Aberdeen! Will have a look at some dates and post a new thread. So do you have you've visa yet? Good luck with all you plans. Will defo meet up in Brisbane! It's funny to think we'll be living there THIS year! (all going to plan!)
Take care!
Mags
x
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chasingthedream
No problem Debbie! I'll organise something up here for us peeps in Aberdeen! Will have a look at some dates and post a new thread. So do you have you've visa yet? Good luck with all you plans. Will defo meet up in Brisbane! It's funny to think we'll be living there THIS year! (all going to plan!)
Take care!
Mags
x
Hi Mags

We have sent our police checks away, should be back any day now. Got our meds on the 18th of Jan and have sent away our bond money to the OH cousin so hopefully by end of feb/ beginning of March we should have our visa! Have you sent away your application yet?

Debbie
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mags

We have sent our police checks away, should be back any day now. Got our meds on the 18th of Jan and have sent away our bond money to the OH cousin so hopefully by end of feb/ beginning of March we should have our visa! Have you got long to wait yourselves?

Debbie
My police check arrived a couple of days ago, but Robert's is still to get here, must be delayed with the Xmas/New Year postal service. Still to arrange our meds. Robyn has a hospital appointment this month, so we'll get them sorted out once we know whats happening with her. (needs an op on her hands) Then back to waiting...Hope all your plans run on time! And good luck with those medicals!
Mags
x
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

the dooners is on a distinguished road

Now Xmas and New Year is out of the way I think it is about time that we have another meet up. Say Glasgow or Edinburgh on either Sat 23rd of Feb or Sat 1st of March. Will see what suits everyone then decide on venue etc.

Debbie
Hi Debbie on the 23-24 Feb at the royal highland centre there is an emigrate expo . I just pulled out the supplement from Fridays Evening News

regards dooners
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by the dooners
Hi Debbie on the 23-24 Feb at the royal highland centre there is an emigrate expo . I just pulled out the supplement from Fridays Evening News

regards dooners

Where is it being held? Could you make the 1st of March?

Debbie
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Where is it being held? Could you make the 1st of March?

Debbie
Hi Debbie
Yes I can make the 1st
its being held at "The Royal Highland Centre" which I think is out at Inglston beside the airport

regards the dooners
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by the dooners
Hi Debbie
Yes I can make the 1st
its being held at "The Royal Highland Centre" which I think is out at Inglston beside the airport

regards the dooners

Where are you hoping to head to in Australia? Will wait a few more weeks and see who else can make it and then arrange a venue and time.

Debbie
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Where are you hoping to head to in Australia? Will wait a few more weeks and see who else can make it and then arrange a venue and time.

Debbie
Perth for me

Dooners
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future

Hi

Would be up for meet near Edinburgh. Had been looking at moving to Melbourne but after reccie trip decided to also look at Brisbane/Gold Coast.

Sharon
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Debbie
Hi Debbie, any day suits us and dependant on where most people live can come to Edinburgh or Glasgow. It was a good day out last time!! And hopefully you two should also have your visa by then!!... if you want any help sorting out a venue just let me know.
Michelle
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by r1c1
Hi

Would be up for meet near Edinburgh. Had been looking at moving to Melbourne but after reccie trip decided to also look at Brisbane/Gold Coast.

Sharon

Hi Sharon

We are heading to Brisbane too, hope to be there by June. Will post where the meet up will be when we get some more names.

Debbie
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DestinationSydney
Hi Debbie, any day suits us and dependant on where most people live can come to Edinburgh or Glasgow. It was a good day out last time!! And hopefully you two should also have your visa by then!!... if you want any help sorting out a venue just let me know.
Michelle
Thanks Michelle, I think we will need to find a slightley quiter venue this time and possibly child friendly depending if anyone is bringing kids. I hope your right about our visas. Will be good to catch up with you.

Debbie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.