Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scottish lassies day oot

Scottish lassies day oot

Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:37 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish lassies day oot

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
Hi Ginny,

My sister was telling me about the Counting House which is just off George Square apparently an old bank. Sell cheap plonk and food nice. Looks like loads of people interested. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sandra x
Hi Sandra,

Just added that one the the list above. I'm happy with all three. What about the rest of you guys.

So far there's Me, Margaret, Marlyn, Sandra, Gill and Beth. I'll text Susan as I think she's still off line.

Any other takers to meet on Jan 28th about 1.30 ish for a spot of lunch, few drinks if you fancy and a good old natter.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 5th 2006, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
Hi Ginny,

My sister was telling me about the Counting House which is just off George Square apparently an old bank. Sell cheap plonk and food nice. Looks like loads of people interested. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sandra x
Hi .. Just noticed this thread.
I was all set to come to the last one in Edinburgh and it was cancelled!
I'd be up for meeting for lunch, I've been in the Counting House and it was ok.
Handy for the station too
Alison
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:00 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pata
Alison

Love to see you. I think we've narrowed it down to three venues:
The Walkabout, Waxy O'Connors and The Counting House.

What's your views? It's on the 28th Jan at 1.30 ish.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:47 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pata
Alison

Hiya alison had been thinking about you, was going to pm you about it, glad u found the thread, look forward to seeing you again fur a wee schwally
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:52 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Hiya alison had been thinking about you, was going to pm you about it, glad u found the thread, look forward to seeing you again fur a wee schwally
Margaret,\

What do you think of the venues. Seems there'll be around 10 of us. Let us know and we can see what the others think.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 6th 2006, 6:14 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stitch
Margaret,\

What do you think of the venues. Seems there'll be around 10 of us. Let us know and we can see what the others think.

Cheers

Ginny

Hiya, I quite fancy the counting house, easy to find, big and cheap plonk, that'll do me
Old Jan 6th 2006, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

ozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really nice

Hiya, I quite fancy the counting house, easy to find, big and cheap plonk, that'll do me

suits me
Old Jan 6th 2006, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

peterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant future

hi all not been on for a long time due to work can agnes join you on the
28th she does not postin her own name some times under mine
thanks peter
Old Jan 6th 2006, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by peterinblack
hi all not been on for a long time due to work can agnes join you on the
28th she does not postin her own name some times under mine
thanks peter

Of course, the more the merrier
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:52 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

So The Counting House is sounding popular then? Fine with me. I'm really looking forward to it.

Any more takers?
Old Jan 6th 2006, 9:00 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by herrchook
So The Counting House is sounding popular then? Fine with me. I'm really looking forward to it.

Any more takers?

Count me in ! Ha ha......Yeh the Counting house suits me. What about everyone else. Shall we say 1.30 at the Counting House.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 7th 2006, 8:16 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Count me in ! Ha ha......Yeh the Counting house suits me. What about everyone else. Shall we say 1.30 at the Counting House.

Cheers

Ginny
Excellent. Ginny, don't know if you're into this kind of thing but Derren Brown is playing in Dundee in May. We couldn't believe he's not doing Edinburgh or Glasgow (luck buggers in Dundee). OH loves his work - but it might be too far for us to get sitters on a school night, shame.
Gill
Old Jan 7th 2006, 11:08 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by herrchook
Excellent. Ginny, don't know if you're into this kind of thing but Derren Brown is playing in Dundee in May. We couldn't believe he's not doing Edinburgh or Glasgow (luck buggers in Dundee). OH loves his work - but it might be too far for us to get sitters on a school night, shame.
Gill

yeeeeee (but who's Derren Brown) Really sorry but don't know. Where's he playing just out of curiousity?

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 7th 2006, 11:31 am

yeeeeee (but who's Derren Brown) Really sorry but don't know. Where's he playing just out of curiousity?

Cheers

Ginny

ha, ha,ha,ha, who's darren brown, wait a minute, yeah, who is he?
Old Jan 7th 2006, 3:53 pm
Sunny Sydney

ha, ha,ha,ha, who's darren brown, wait a minute, yeah, who is he?
He is a TV magician who uses psychology to play fab hoaxes and tricks on peeps. For example, on one of his shows, he set up a Zombie Computer game in a pub so that when someone played it, it hypnotised him and with his friends' permission, they then carted him off into what can only be described as a room set up identically to the game and full of zombies to boot so that when he "woke" up he was convinced he was actually inside the game and living it out for real!! He's done other stuff on TV as well like setting up elaborate fake seances and scaring the bejesus out of a group of students. Really interesting/fun if you're into that kind of thing.

Ginny, he's playing at the Caird Hall and despite it being on his web site, the Caird Hall still don't seem to know anything about it!!!!!!

Gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.