Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scots going to Oz

Scots going to Oz

Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:20 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scots going to Oz

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Hope its all still on, i have had approx 10 peeps from aussiemove who are interested, that would be good if you could do that and i could let people who have pm'd me know the definate arrangements
I'm definately up for the 4th in Walkabout. Really looking forward to it.

Gill
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

My god Rabbies, there's a blast from my past. :scared:

Will check with my brother, as he still lives there. I'll drop you a PM tomorow.

Yip, have our visas and headed to Melbourne in Jan

Do you want to meet in Rabbies , if it still exists, been a while since i've went out in ayr , I'll find our the low on pubs in ayr from peeps at work and let you know
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by herrchook

Gill
Count us in for 4th Nov too!

Claire & John
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by herrchook

Gill

Gill, dunno if this will help or not, but you could get dropped here from ayr, and we could both get the bus to glasgow , if so let me know
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by haggis supper
My god Rabbies, there's a blast from my past. :scared:

Will check with my brother, as he still lives there. I'll drop you a PM tomorow.

Just to let you know, it will be me and OH, both ancient at 42 , OH will want to talk about sport all night I'll be at the bar
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby and I would love to come too. Will try and get a babysitter.

Anyone know of any decent hotels we could stay in as we will be travelling from Forfar and both like a so driving is out

Cheers

Scotschick aka Jacqui
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:25 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Hope its all still on, i have had approx 10 peeps from aussiemove who are interested, that would be good if you could do that and i could let people who have pm'd me know the definate arrangements
I'll pop in nearer the time and ask the manager if its possible.I know you had arranged a meeting or met before at 1pm.
Does that time suit again?
We should get a bit reserved for us and ill point out that there would be about 10/20 people and that it would be good for business!! Lol.

I dont think ive seen aussiemove site,will have a look in.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good. Beer, sport and talking about Aus - think I can manage that. Still not sure what time I'm free, waiting to find out what Mother has planned. Will know tomorrow !

Just to let you know, it will be me and OH, both ancient at 42 , OH will want to talk about sport all night I'll be at the bar
Old Oct 19th 2006, 12:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Sounds good. Beer, sport and talking about Aus - think I can manage that. Still not sure what time I'm free, waiting to find out what Mother has planned. Will know tomorrow !

Ok, no probs, just let us know if you can still make it, don't want to tred on yir mums toes, eeeeeeeek
Old Oct 19th 2006, 12:46 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brido
I'll pop in nearer the time and ask the manager if its possible.I know you had arranged a meeting or met before at 1pm.
Does that time suit again?
We should get a bit reserved for us and ill point out that there would be about 10/20 people and that it would be good for business!! Lol.

I dont think ive seen aussiemove site,will have a look in.
Cheers Brido, that's excellent.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Hubby and I would love to come too. Will try and get a babysitter.

Anyone know of any decent hotels we could stay in as we will be travelling from Forfar and both like a so driving is out

Cheers

Scotschick aka Jacqui
Try the thistle hotel off sauchiehall street, think its cambridge street, so 2 mins walk from walkabout, if thats where we still are at home time., or the premier travel inn on george street, george square for no frills stay.

sj
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
Try the thistle hotel off sauchiehall street, think its cambridge street, so 2 mins walk from walkabout, if thats where we still are at home time., or the premier travel inn on george street, george square for no frills stay.

sj

Thanks SJ

Will check that out.

Jacqui
Old Oct 20th 2006, 6:43 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Thanks SJ

Will check that out.

Jacqui
I think theres a Holiday Inn Express or something just across the road from Walkabout at Buchanan Bus Station.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brido
I think theres a Holiday Inn Express or something just across the road from Walkabout at Buchanan Bus Station.
Cheers for that will check it out.

Are you going to the meet?

Last edited by Scotschick; Oct 20th 2006 at 7:11 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 8:01 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Out of interest can we have a poll of how many men will be there? Who's bringing hubs along etc... Don't wish to arrange a babysitter so hubs can come only to find I have to talk to him (joking of course)
Andrea
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.