Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scots In Adelaide

Scots In Adelaide

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scots In Adelaide

Just arrived from Scotland and don't know anyone? Come and join our Scots in Adelaide meet up group at expatscottishmeetup.com. Our first meeting is on the last Sunday of november.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 8:22 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scots In Adelaide

Where in glasgow are you from

Do you think Adelaide is slightly different from the home town then

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
Just arrived from Scotland and don't know anyone? Come and join our Scots in Adelaide meet up group at expatscottishmeetup.com. Our first meeting is on the last Sunday of november.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm from Uddingston. Adelaide can be a wee bit on the boring side at times , Glasgow'smiles better in that regard. Plenty of rain in Glasgow, no rain in Adelaide...the comparisons are endless.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm from Uddingston. Adelaide can be a wee bit on the boring side at times , Glasgow'smiles better in that regard. Plenty of rain in Glasgow, no rain in Adelaide...the comparisons are endless.

Bucket loads of the stuff this morning

I'm not scottish, but you're very welcome to come along for coffee next time we have a meet in the city. I will be posting the details on here
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Wendy, I'll keep it in mind. I've got two wee girls under 3 so sitting anywhere in peace is an effort sometimes!!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy, I'll keep it in mind. I've got two wee girls under 3 so sitting anywhere in peace is an effort sometimes!!

Aw, bless em Bet it's hard work with 2 under three, hats off to you
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

It's not easy at times, that's why I'm on here looking for new pals!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's not easy at times, that's why I'm on here looking for new pals!

Ah!, so you're looking for babysitters I have a 15 year old, but I'd be more inclined to trust your little ones to look after him
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Lol, I've got a 15 year old step daughter here too and the two wee one's give her a run for her money!Where are you from Wendy?
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lol, I've got a 15 year old step daughter here too and the two wee one's give her a run for her money!Where are you from Wendy?

I'm from West Yorkshire.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Is that Emmerdale Farm country?? Not that familiar with the different boroughs in England. My Dad's from Hartlepool but haven't been down there since I was a wee girl.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is that Emmerdale Farm country?? Not that familiar with the different boroughs in England. My Dad's from Hartlepool but haven't been down there since I was a wee girl.

Yes, it is. It used to be filmed not far from where I lived, until they moved to Leeds a few years back.

I've met a few of the cast in various places, and one of my customers was the mother of the guy who played Roy Glover.

My cousin once won a competition and had her photo taken to be put on Annie Sugdens dresser (it was supposed to be one of her kids or something when they were younger )
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Superb!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:29 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

aye, but do you get the old glesga patter in Adelaide?

BTW my mum is from viewpark, you form anywhere around that area or is the the posh bit in the real Uddingston

Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Sprung! I used to live across the road from the Caterpillar factory and went to Tannochside primary. My Mum and Granny are here too so there's plenty of patter and I'm teaching my Aussie husband a few choice words!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.