Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Northamptonshire meet - anyone interested?

Northamptonshire meet - anyone interested?

Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Northamptonshire meet - anyone interested?

Hi, going to be the one that puts spanner in the works, but I would not be happy with the play area being upstairs and not being able to see what my three monsters are up to If the Navigation is going to be busy why din't we opt for the one at Harpole?

Nic
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Harpole has an outside play area but also has some outdoor seating (if the weather is nice). They do have a bar menue as well as the restaraunt area. Never seemed that busy and when I rang up they had only one booking (it was only Monday though). I suggest we go with Harpole, easy to get to etc.

As much as the Navigation was really nice, it was just far too busy and no parking.

Mandy
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

fine with us.

Nic
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:49 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all you nice people,

I used to do the meets for Northampton whilst still in UK.
Billing was a fairly good place as on a Sunday it started to clear from about 3ish..
I also used to book a room in a lovely pub called "The Crossroads" at Weedon which is on A5/A45 it was a central point for people from Kettering and MK ... We made some great freinds and some of which are here with us now in the sunny Gold Coast!!!
We love it here and just use these gatherings a to make new friends, its always nice to have a friendly face once you are here...And of course drinking budddies!!!!
Good luck all of you

Jane
xx
Old Sep 12th 2007, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Harpole has an outside play area but also has some outdoor seating (if the weather is nice). They do have a bar menue as well as the restaraunt area. Never seemed that busy and when I rang up they had only one booking (it was only Monday though). I suggest we go with Harpole, easy to get to etc.

As much as the Navigation was really nice, it was just far too busy and no parking.

Mandy
harpole is fine with us
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

melaniepittam is an unknown quantity at this point

Anywhere ok with us

Melanie
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Harpole Turn, Weedon Road, Harpole, Northamptonshire NN7 4DD Tel. 01604 832340

FACILITIES
Beer Garden, Wheelchair Access, Disabled Toilet, Baby Changing Facility (in disabled toilet).

OTHER
Children Welcome, Car Parking - 150 spaces, Disabled Car Parking - 2 spaces. ATM Machine. Debit & Credit Cards accepted.

Directions
On A45, 1 mile from J16 of M1 towards Northampton

Mandy
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:04 am
Just Joined

KelvinandVanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Harpole Turn, Weedon Road, Harpole, Northamptonshire NN7 4DD Tel. 01604 832340

FACILITIES
Beer Garden, Wheelchair Access, Disabled Toilet, Baby Changing Facility (in disabled toilet).

OTHER
Children Welcome, Car Parking - 150 spaces, Disabled Car Parking - 2 spaces. ATM Machine. Debit & Credit Cards accepted.

Directions
On A45, 1 mile from J16 of M1 towards Northampton

Mandy
thats fine with us, its only 10mins away, had you checked that the play area is still there, ive just had a feeling that i don't remember seeing it last time but my memory is terrible!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Hello all you nice people,

I used to do the meets for Northampton whilst still in UK.
Billing was a fairly good place as on a Sunday it started to clear from about 3ish..
I also used to book a room in a lovely pub called "The Crossroads" at Weedon which is on A5/A45 it was a central point for people from Kettering and MK ... We made some great freinds and some of which are here with us now in the sunny Gold Coast!!!
We love it here and just use these gatherings a to make new friends, its always nice to have a friendly face once you are here...And of course drinking budddies!!!!
Good luck all of you

Jane
xx
Thank you Jane, hope life is treating you well out in Oz.

Nic
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Tabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really nice

We are happy to go wherever

If a kids play area is essential then there is the Wacky warehouse but it isnt the best place for adults to sit and chat. There is a pub attached though.

If you all didnt mind a travel then the Caldecotte arms near Kingston in MK has a great outside play area, is a beautiful area next to the lake and if its a nice day we can all sit outside by the lake. There are tables, they do food too.

I know its not exactly Northampton but worth a suggestion anyway

Jackie
xxxxx
Old Sep 12th 2007, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Garson is an unknown quantity at this point

Anywhere is ok with us,
not sure where harpole is!! but have map will travel

sonya
xxxxx
Old Sep 12th 2007, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

KelvinandVanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Harpole is just off junction 16 of the M1 towards N'pton.Theeir are directions a couple of answers above this.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

OH is working so I may give it a miss or might be there a little after 3pm

Sorry but as we plan to be in OZ at the end of October the extra hours are useful...

Ann
Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Garson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KelvinandVanessa
Harpole is just off junction 16 of the M1 towards N'pton.Theeir are directions a couple of answers above this.
Oops
See you all there
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Tabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really nice

Originally Posted by Garson
Oops
See you all there
So is Harpole definite then?
Is it from 3pm?
How are we gonna know where and who we are? (Well I know who I am )

Jackie and Steve
xxxxxxxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.