Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

North West Meet???

North West Meet???

Old Dec 11th 2006, 7:39 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North West Meet???

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Nice to meet you all. I went to a party after the meet and ended up getting back sunday lunchtime (some quiet night in!) Nice to catch up and put a few names and faces together.

Mindblower, Got an email of northerner yesterday and him and nic are loving sydney and i now cant wait to get there realising how good trhe diving is just around Manly area. I thought with being in a city that the water would be like blackpool but he said he saw allsorts of stuff just around the corner from Manly(nsw). Unbeliveable.

al.x
Hi guys, glad you had a good night. Al, that doesn't sound like you at all - staying out till all hours LOL

Just gatecrashing your thread now I'm not a 'northerner' LOL . Hope everyone's well, as I said Al we're bloody lovin' it out here - feet haven't touched the ground and yes there is excellent diving in Sydney (even some within the harbour so I'm told), but a couple hours north (Nelson Bay/Forster) and south (Jervis Bay) of Sydney is some of the best temperate diving in the world. We are quickly booking up weekends trying to fit it all in LOL. But just to turn up at Manly and dive with sharks, groupers huge shoals of fish, cuttle fish and a bloody HUGE ray is pretty bloomin' fantastic.

Cheers everyone, hope you're enjoying the winter LOL (joking.....)

Graham
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

BOO!
are there any north west meets planned that i could gate crash - just little ole me ??
Please?
pretty please??
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:37 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
BOO!
are there any north west meets planned that i could gate crash - just little ole me ??
Please?
pretty please??
Hi ya`yes there are in a month or 2. im thinking of getting one together march april time unless you wanna organise?

where are you and where you going and whats your story

al
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

You do realise i was just off to bed but now i have had to pour another glass of aussie red to rely to your message!
I am off to visit my brother in Perth on 30th march for a couple of weeks so sounds like i am going to miss the meet please let me know of any up and coming.
Im the one who is permanatly wondering if i have gone crazy single mum, 3 kids hopefully heading off to perth.
I have only just started on the long bumpy ride but i honestly cant wait - dont really care about a flash lifestyle i just want to be able to enjoy life with my kids and get outside into some fresh air.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

You do realise i was just off to bed but now i have had to pour another glass of aussie red to rely to your message!
I am off to visit my brother in Perth on 30th march for a couple of weeks so sounds like i am going to miss the meet please let me know of any up and coming.
Im the one who is permanatly wondering if i have gone crazy single mum, 3 kids hopefully heading off to perth.
I have only just started on the long bumpy ride but i honestly cant wait - dont really care about a flash lifestyle i just want to be able to enjoy life with my kids and get outside into some fresh air.
what area are you from daunted???
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi cathnpaul - i am living in clitheroe in lancashire right now. im originally a southerner (but i escaped ) I would love to meet up with some of you guys - with kids would be even better to give them a chance to share thoughts and worries with other kids xx
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Hi cathnpaul - i am living in clitheroe in lancashire right now. im originally a southerner (but i escaped ) I would love to meet up with some of you guys - with kids would be even better to give them a chance to share thoughts and worries with other kids xx
My kids come with me to as many meets as possible. Mine are 15 and 11...the 11 yr old doesnt enjoy them. But our 15yr old gets chatting to everyone. lol!!

We tend to have the North West meets in Manchester, which is quite a way from you. You could do with starting a thread with a main area near you and see who jumps on. There are a couple of people on here from your neck of the woods who may go to one. Its not as scary as it sounds. Alkristen tends to just say I will be in this pub at this time - come if you want.lol. then whoever turns up turns up. We organised a child friendly one in a brewers fayre. But the management were cr*p and we had to grab the conservatory area.

Each Manchester meet has been different and at different venues. I think there has been about 5 or 6 of them now over the last 2yrs - we have learnt something from each one - like dont wear trainers if you decide to go on a pub crawl afterwards....(long story).

But if you want to start it off - I will pop and and give you a hand no problem and if its a time when we can make it we will drive up - my in-laws dont live too far from there so we could kill two birds with one stone.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 2:49 pm
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
My kids come with me to as many meets as possible. Mine are 15 and 11...the 11 yr old doesnt enjoy them. But our 15yr old gets chatting to everyone. lol!!

We tend to have the North West meets in Manchester, which is quite a way from you. You could do with starting a thread with a main area near you and see who jumps on. There are a couple of people on here from your neck of the woods who may go to one. Its not as scary as it sounds. Alkristen tends to just say I will be in this pub at this time - come if you want.lol. then whoever turns up turns up. We organised a child friendly one in a brewers fayre. But the management were cr*p and we had to grab the conservatory area.

Each Manchester meet has been different and at different venues. I think there has been about 5 or 6 of them now over the last 2yrs - we have learnt something from each one - like dont wear trainers if you decide to go on a pub crawl afterwards....(long story).

But if you want to start it off - I will pop and and give you a hand no problem and if its a time when we can make it we will drive up - my in-laws dont live too far from there so we could kill two birds with one stone.
And im from preston originally so somewhere likebolton would be central or even wigan. im up for owt tho
al
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:01 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: North West Meet???

:[/QUOTE]

Hello, hey tell us all about Perth when you get back please, rekkine in MAy for us.

Dave
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mindblower
:
Ps. If there is a meet, can we all meet at around the same time ?

Dave
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:01 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Will hopefully beable to make the next NW meet. Away for most of Feb Australia ( Sydney/ Perth) so a March meet would be good for me
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:04 am
Just Joined

lancashire lot has a brilliant futurelancashire lot has a brilliant futurelancashire lot has a brilliant futurelancashire lot has a brilliant futurelancashire lot has a brilliant futurelancashire lot has a brilliant future

we are from clitheroe and it would be really good if we could get some info re oz, we're off to adelaide or melbourne and cannot decide which??!!??
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:11 am
Just Joined

lancashire lot has a brilliant futurelancashire lot has a brilliant futurelancashire lot has a brilliant futurelancashire lot has a brilliant futurelancashire lot has a brilliant futurelancashire lot has a brilliant future

hi daunted

forgot to mention before I had to go off and make kiddie lunch etc - would any one like to meet around abouts clitheroe preston or any suggestions to share info, scary moments and wisdom??!!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by lancashire lot
hi daunted

forgot to mention before I had to go off and make kiddie lunch etc - would any one like to meet around abouts clitheroe preston or any suggestions to share info, scary moments and wisdom??!!
just a quick note. you get more exposure by starting a new thread rather than adding on to an old one as people will read half way through this one aqnd see thyat the m,eeting we had was bin and gone.

Start a new one with a lancashire meet in mind and people will chip in.

See if anyone up for it, and then name a date and time and try to stick to it. Just go with the majority as there will be people that cant make it but you ccant p;lease everyone.

Source a pub with kids facilities and give as much info on it as you can to stop answering 101 questions like where should you park???!!!

In a car park.

good luck, its easy if you follow these simple steps.

Generally if YOU decide everything people will follow on as there are a lot of sheep to your ewe.

al