Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

North West Meet???

North West Meet???

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold
Default North West Meet???

Do you ever have any "meet ups" in the North West??

We're new to this website and have found it very welcoming and informative and just wondered how many meet ups happen in the UK? It would be good to speak face-to-face to people/families in the same situation as ourselves!

Cheers
Old Nov 4th 2006, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: North West Meet???

I take it that's a "NO" then!
Old Nov 4th 2006, 9:26 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by True Blue Toffee

We're new to this website and have found it very welcoming and informative and just wondered how many meet ups happen in the UK? It would be good to speak face-to-face to people/families in the same situation as ourselves!

Cheers
I think it might have been the Everton username and avatar that put a few of us of

Where abouts are you and where are you heading
Old Nov 4th 2006, 9:27 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Try posting it in a different forum too
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:12 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Yes mate we meet in manchester(the home of the great mancunian, rooney) if thats any good to you, although most of the people i met during the world cup are now in ooz. Where arre you heading to in oz, and i found as i organised the last one, that people respond more to someone taking the lead and making firm suggestions as in the night the venue and the time.
Best not to orginise a meal as its hard and dont ask anyopnes opinion of other places.
Just be strong and decide and the others will follow

Id be up for a meet thom, but im not organising again unless its
A. Manchester Area
B. a pub
C.not a friday
D.cant think of owt else as im easy, but beware other arent lol. Then you will get mindblower throwing in suggestions at the last minute lol.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:18 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

there's also one every so often at oldham...dont know when the next one is, sorry. but really easy to get to, just off the motorway.

try asking username cathnpaul, she is usually thereabouts on the organising.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
are you after organising one TBF?

we organised the first one and as alk has said you have to be ready for those who will throw in their two penneth. stick by what the majority want and stay with the first decisions. you cant please everyone. You may be surprised how many people turn up.

we have also met up as a 121 with a few others, normally half way between us and them, that went well too.

give us a shout if you are setting one up. will pop along. x
Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:31 pm
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North West Meet??? MANCHESTER CITY CENTRE

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
are you after organising one TBF?

we organised the first one and as alk has said you have to be ready for those who will throw in their two penneth. stick by what the majority want and stay with the first decisions. you cant please everyone. You may be surprised how many people turn up.

we have also met up as a 121 with a few others, normally half way between us and them, that went well too.

give us a shout if you are setting one up. will pop along. x
Hi, didnt get your reply re:tranzfers as my thread was deleted,oooppss!!
what does everyone reckon. ill throw a quick post on the other forum hoping that itll be seen and then moved basck here
Im up for a manchester meet, city centre

SUNDAY 10th Dec anyone fancy it?
Weatherspoons on piccadilly gardens
Its big and quiet enough to have a chat

6.30pm-7.30pm as it wont be rammed and early enough for people to eat out/in the pub and have a meet and early enough for people with kids(no babysitter) to get back early enough should they need.
there is a good array of bars in the norther quarter after should you wish(3 minute walk to the cool part of the city for bars etc), and best of all its across from the piccadilly bus station, tram stop and 2 minutes walk from manchester piccadilly railway station, so is really easy to get to from all angles.
If you want to stay over there is malmaison, the brittannia and the midland.
The brittania is pretty cheap if booked in advance

Who is in?
Tell me other dates as its flexible and we will go with the majority

al

Last edited by alkristensen; Nov 9th 2006 at 1:33 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by alkristensen
what does everyone reckon. ill throw a quick post on the other forum hoping that itll be seen and then moved basck here

Sat 9th Dec anyone fancy it?

6.30pm-7.30pm as it wont be rammed and early enough for people to eat out/in the pub and have a meet and early enough for people with kids(no babysitter) to get back early enough shoul;d they need.
there is a good array of bars in the norther quarter after should you wish(3 minute walk to the cool part of the city for bars etc), and best of all its across from the piccadilly bus station, tram stop and 2 minutes walk from manchester piccadilly railway station, so is really easy to get to from all angles.

Who is in?

al

Yeah i would be up for that.......cheap in weatherspons too
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alkristensen

Sat 9th Dec anyone fancy it?

6.30pm-7.30pm as it wont be rammed and early enough for people to eat out/in the pub and have a meet and early enough for people with kids(no babysitter) to get back early enough shoul;d they need.

Who is in?

al

Well, you’ve restored our faith in human nature!

Our children originally asked us to see if they could talk to other kids going to Oz so we started a thread. How great did I feel having to tell my 8 year old that no-one had replied and that the suggestion was because we’ve used an Everton avatar. That conversation made me feel so proud to be an adult!
(The smiley faces don’t translate well to a 6 and 8 year old.)

As newbies we didn’t want to take on the challenge of organising the event so THANK YOU………… once I’ve spoken to OH I’ll let you know but I think the Saturday and the venue are both OK with us!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:16 pm

Well, you’ve restored our faith in human nature!

Our children originally asked us to see if they could talk to other kids going to Oz so we started a thread. How great did I feel having to tell my 8 year old that no-one had replied and that the suggestion was because we’ve used an Everton avatar. That conversation made me feel so proud to be an adult!
(The smiley faces don’t translate well to a 6 and 8 year old.)

As newbies we didn’t want to take on the challenge of organising the event so THANK YOU………… once I’ve spoken to OH I’ll let you know but I think the Saturday and the venue are both OK with us!
Sorry i didn't mean to offend anyone by my post....especially two little ones ...it was truelly meant as a joke.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:16 pm
Banned

no prob

will check if weatherspoons allow kids if you like?

We can make it all adult or kids, so will check if you like

al
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Issie
Sorry i didn't mean to offend anyone by my post....especially two little ones ...it was truelly meant as a joke.
I did ask you were you where from and heading though so i thought you might of realised that i was genuine in my reply and not just taking the mick over your username
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:18 pm
Banned

Yeah i would be up for that.......cheap in weatherspons too
Right, im taking over this meet.

Ive posted a couple of other threads(soon to be merged into one) on lifestyles and on meet-ups too entitled manchester meet 9th dec , any takers.

Hopefully everyone can post on those threads now so we arent chasing shadows on other threads and im not having to check different one for different peoples answers. (was a night mare last time. LOL

al

Please use THIS THREAD FROM NOW ON
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers for that - as they say in Oz "no worries". As Everton supporters we're usually the butt of jokes (before anyone else says it )

Is it Saturday 9th or Sunday 10th?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.