Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking to make friends on Sunshine Coast

Looking to make friends on Sunshine Coast

Old Aug 3rd 2016, 7:56 am
Just Joined

finally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looking to make friends on Sunshine Coast

Hi out there

My partner and I, along with our youngest son of 14 nearly 15 arrived in January, form NZ but we are originally from the UK. Although I've met some lovely people while walking our dogs on the beach we are still looking for a social life!!

We are up in Bli Bli but happy to travel to meet up.

Let me know if you fancy meeting up
Old Aug 14th 2016, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

gossage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking to make friends on Sunshine Coast

Hi. There is a ladies group called Life Beyond 30 that I found a great source for making friends. I would say lets me up but I am leaving the Sunny Coast and heading to Brisbane in 4 weeks. It is amazing up here, I am in Peregian Springs, but there is simply no work and so after two years of applying and getting nowhere I am off to the city, where I actually got the first job I applied for.
Old Aug 14th 2016, 11:56 am
Just Joined

finally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond reputefinally here 2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for that i really appreciate it. Shame you're moving to Brissy but good luck to you x
Old Jul 31st 2017, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

katyr16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have just joined this website. Interestingly my partner and I and our teenage children also moved here last year also from NZ but originate from the UK. How are you settling in?
Old Aug 8th 2017, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by katyr16
Hi, I have just joined this website. Interestingly my partner and I and our teenage children also moved here last year also from NZ but originate from the UK. How are you settling in?
We're getting there slowly! Have joined a couple of fb poms groups and meet ups.
How old are your kids? Which school are they at?
Where are you living?
Haven't had many replies from this so only just saw your reply sorry. Thanks for replying and let me know how you are finding things too
Di
Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Hi, we love it. We have a daughter turning 17 at the weekend and a 15 year old son. We presently are renting in Brightwater as the kids attend Mountain Creek but are looking forward to buying in the not too distant future. It's obviously taken a while to settle but we are definitely getting there. Kids most importantly are settled, both have jobs and play a bit of sport so are kept pretty busy. We also have a dog and enjoy the walks. Hopefully things are also settling for you all. Where abouts in NZ did you move from? We moved from Christchurch and are enjoying the change.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Hi, we love it. We have a daughter turning 17 at the weekend and a 15 year old son. We presently are renting in Brightwater as the kids attend Mountain Creek but are looking forward to buying in the not too distant future. It's obviously taken a while to settle but we are definitely getting there. Kids most importantly are settled, both have jobs and play a bit of sport so are kept pretty busy. We also have a dog and enjoy the walks. Hopefully things are also settling for you all. Where abouts in NZ did you move from? We moved from Christchurch and are enjoying the change.
It took quite a while for our son to settle here. He's 15 and didn't find it easy making friends. Also our eldest son stayed in NZ which we've all found difficult. However hopefully he'll be able to come when he's finished his apprenticeship.
Maybe we could catch up sometime? We go to some of the Poms meet ups and have made some friends through that. What about you guys? It's quite difficult when the kids get older to make friends don't you think? We're having a BBQ tomorrow the weather is looking great 🌞😎
Old Aug 13th 2017, 3:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks but working today post daughters 17th birthday bash so exhausted. Happy to catch up. Are you a full time worker or can you meet for coffee and or dog walk midweek?
Old Aug 13th 2017, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Thanks but working today post daughters 17th birthday bash so exhausted. Happy to catch up. Are you a full time worker or can you meet for coffee and or dog walk midweek?
At the mo I'm working full time unfortunately but should be down to part time in 2/3 weeks hopefully. Do you work?
A coffee or dog walk would be good. What sort of dog do you have? We've got 2 miniature schnauzers, we usually walk at North Shore or Coolum?
Old Aug 18th 2017, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Let me know what works for you.
Old Aug 19th 2017, 3:30 am
Just Joined

Let me know what works for you.
Ok it'll probably be 3 weeks more of full time working, hopefully no longer! 😫
Old Oct 7th 2017, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Hi, hols now over. Let me know when free for catch up.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 7th 2017 at 6:44 pm. Reason: Phone number removed to save you from spambots & weirdos - BE is a public forum!
Old Nov 13th 2017, 1:17 am
Just Joined

stevethechilliman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you are well ... ive been here in south east qld since 2006... it takes time but you will make some good friends ... i live up in toowoomba ... but we are looking to move down to the sunshine coast next year ...
Old Nov 18th 2017, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

GlenysNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stevethechilliman
Hope you are well ... ive been here in south east qld since 2006... it takes time but you will make some good friends ... i live up in toowoomba ... but we are looking to move down to the sunshine coast next year ...
Hi I was hoping I could jump in here because this is the closest I've come to a site where people want to make friends

A bit about my family ... 2 children nearly 9 year old boy & 12 year old girl. Hubby works in Sydney 3 weeks on 5 days off so I'm pretty much on my own most of the time. We moved from NZ early September. Kids are at Kawana Waters State College & seem to have found their feet!!

Although I'm not an ex-pat pom, I do have English heritage if that validates me posting here lol.

I am a stay at home mum (kind of need to be with hubby away) so can coffee anytime.

Hopefully I haven't stepped on anyone's toes jumping in here.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Sorry just seen this post. You would be very welcome to join myself and some friends for coffee, PM me your number and I will contact you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.