Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leeds Meet Nov/earlyDec

Leeds Meet Nov/earlyDec

Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default Leeds Meet Nov/earlyDec

Hi there seems to be lots of threads re:lots of meets at the moment so thought that I would add my twopenneth worth. Anyone fancy an evening meet (minus children) say for a meal - sort of Christmas get together. My immediate thought of venue was Xscape (just of the M62 at the freeport, Castleford) lots of restaurants and lots of parking (I can highly recommend the Indian buffet, £10 per person eat as much as you like) but there are others - do need booking though. Anyone interested let me know - hope to speak to many of you soon. (haven't seen any post from Brickie Aid, Rogue trader - and get brave and get posting those of you who came to last meet who just read!)

Lindsey
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Leeds Meet Nov/earlyDec

Hi I would be interested in a meet at xscape, I live in stoke but come from that neck of the woods, all my family live around there,ie great for babysitters and within staggering distance of cousins house, so count me and hubby in just let us know when
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default Re: Leeds Meet Nov/earlyDec

Originally Posted by leechy100
Hi I would be interested in a meet at xscape, I live in stoke but come from that neck of the woods, all my family live around there,ie great for babysitters and within staggering distance of cousins house, so count me and hubby in just let us know when
Thats great will keep you posted!

Lindsey
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

bump!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

southstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nice

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Hi there seems to be lots of threads re:lots of meets at the moment so thought that I would add my twopenneth worth. Anyone fancy an evening meet (minus children) say for a meal - sort of Christmas get together. My immediate thought of venue was Xscape (just of the M62 at the freeport, Castleford) lots of restaurants and lots of parking (I can highly recommend the Indian buffet, £10 per person eat as much as you like) but there are others - do need booking though. Anyone interested let me know - hope to speak to many of you soon. (haven't seen any post from Brickie Aid, Rogue trader - and get brave and get posting those of you who came to last meet who just read!)

Lindsey
Hi Lindsey
Nice to hear from you. I haven't been on much lately.
We can do Xscape - look forward to it!
Sue
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, I am going to sound like a right Expats meet junkie/stalker here but I would be really interested in coming along although I dont live in Leeds. I wanted to come to one a good few months back but couldnt make it for some reason or other so have been waiting for another to come up!!!

Even more so now that I have seen where you are planning on having it!!! Is it the Xscape that has rock-climing etc there because this is one of the places I really want to take the kids before we move!!!! I have only recently heard of it!!!

If it is on a date when I'm not at work and finances allow I'd love to come along. Only thing is we would have to stay over, obviously. Is there anywhere adjacent to Xscape that isnt ridculously over-priced? Would need a family room.

I know that it is a no-kids event so don't panic :scared: . I Could take the kids to Xscape during the day and meet up with you guys on the night!!!
The kids are old enough to stay in the hotel or whatever on their own, so that wouldnt be a problem. My sister lived in Leeds up until the beginning of the year and then moved to Spain with her hubby (how selfish, I could have stayed with them ). Somebody might even know her (doubt it though )

Have already got my November rota but am planning to go to the Sheffield meet. If a date is decided soon I can request it off so I can come! Let me know what you decide.

Tracey
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tracey.d
OMG, I am going to sound like a right Expats meet junkie/stalker here but I would be really interested in coming along although I dont live in Leeds. I wanted to come to one a good few months back but couldnt make it for some reason or other so have been waiting for another to come up!!!

Even more so now that I have seen where you are planning on having it!!! Is it the Xscape that has rock-climing etc there because this is one of the places I really want to take the kids before we move!!!! I have only recently heard of it!!!

If it is on a date when I'm not at work and finances allow I'd love to come along. Only thing is we would have to stay over, obviously. Is there anywhere adjacent to Xscape that isnt ridculously over-priced? Would need a family room.

I know that it is a no-kids event so don't panic :scared: . I Could take the kids to Xscape during the day and meet up with you guys on the night!!!
The kids are old enough to stay in the hotel or whatever on their own, so that wouldnt be a problem. My sister lived in Leeds up until the beginning of the year and then moved to Spain with her hubby (how selfish, I could have stayed with them ). Somebody might even know her (doubt it though )

Have already got my November rota but am planning to go to the Sheffield meet. If a date is decided soon I can request it off so I can come! Let me know what you decide.

Tracey
Hi Tracey - tried to pm you but your inbox is full

Lindsey
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the meet more mid December we would love to come along.

We have been in Brisbane since January and are in the UK from the 11th December for about 4 weeks.

Amanda
Old Oct 5th 2005, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey - tried to pm you but your inbox is full

Lindsey
Have emptied it now

Tracey
Old Oct 5th 2005, 10:30 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsey
Lindsey,

Please add Dave and I to the list - mid-Dec would probably suit us better as we have the Sheffield meet at the end of November, but we'll go along with whatever suits the majority.

Cheers,

Nicky
Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Lindsey,

Please add Dave and I to the list - mid-Dec would probably suit us better as we have the Sheffield meet at the end of November, but we'll go along with whatever suits the majority.

Cheers,

Nicky
I'm planning on going to both too . Don't know about mmid-December though. Maybe a little close to christmas for me. Will follow the thread with interest though

Tracey
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:01 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I'm planning on going to both too . Don't know about mmid-December though. Maybe a little close to christmas for me. Will follow the thread with interest though

Tracey
Actually that's a good point - perhaps early December would be better for most before the Xmas scrum begins!

God, it's too much to be thinking about Xmas just yet!

Nicky
Old Oct 5th 2005, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

The other option would be to have a meet sometime between Xmas and the New Year, usually need social contact with people other than rellies by then anyway.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mand8002
The other option would be to have a meet sometime between Xmas and the New Year, usually need social contact with people other than rellies by then anyway.
will definately think about that one - leave it with me! Will post with some possible dates. Keep you all posted. If you know anyone that came to the last meet and they have not responded, give them a nudge

Lindsey
Old Oct 6th 2005, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

will definately think about that one - leave it with me! Will post with some possible dates. Keep you all posted. If you know anyone that came to the last meet and they have not responded, give them a nudge

Lindsey
Great, I would need to know as soon as possible the date. Our December off duty is out and going to be taken in a week or two. It is put out and we all put on what days we want to work etc. Once it has gone and been finalised it is very hard to swap shifts! So I would either need to know the date pretty soon or just hope that I'm off!

Tracey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.