Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire Meet??

Lancashire Meet??

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 7:38 am
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lancashire Meet??

I just want to know they got it, doesn't worry me to much when it's accepted (as long as it's before may!) what scares me is having to do the whole thing again! I checked my credit card but nothing yet, I'm going to give till a week monday and then start crying to people!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Richard4 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, all. only just got wind ( ) of the meet up. can you send me details. and we will be comming..me/oh and daughter (aged 4) !!! ta
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

oznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud ofoznoodle has much to be proud of

Can we come too???? Never been to anything like this before so it would be nice to chat with people who are going through the same thing. Me, OH and two boys (ages 11 & 9).
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:19 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Cath,

We all might be able to make it too, just need to double check with hubby re:fixtures list! As you know we are, me, Nick, Amber (16), Travis (6) and Mason (2).

Will double check and confirm with you all.

Vikki x
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

more added - and very very welcome!!

Alkristen - Al & Clare
CathnPaul - Cath, Paul & 2 lads age 15 and 11
Keith and Lol (plus kids -maybe- 19, 12 and 10)
Mindblower - Dave & wendy + family??
Daunted (in our thoughts)
Bushpig - Jo- 2 lads age 7 & 8
Dobbin 74 - Chris and Ali
Dianej and 12yr old daughter.
Chippie74 - lee & leanne,steve & shelly
Leechy - Nicky,Steve, Danny (9), Aimee (5) and Alfie (2).
GaryVFR8 - Gary and Vicky.
True Blue Toffee - 2 boys (6 and 8).
Mrs JFW - Jackie - if she can get there.
Louise - 2 boys 8 and 6
Richard4 - OH and daughter age 4
Oznoodle - OH and two boys (ages 11 & 9).
My mate VikkiL - Nick, Amber (16), Travis (6) and Mason (2).

Details for Richard4 (it was on about page 3 mate) April 1st at 1pm
Harvester info:

Venue Address :
Harvester at Horwich Park,
Middlebrook Leisure & Retail Park,
Bolton,
Lancashire.
BL6 6LB
web-site : Harvester
Directions : Exit at Junction 6 of the M61 (Signposted Horwich and the brown signs for Middlebrook & Reebok Stadium) and at the roundabout, take the Horwich, Middlebrook & Reebok exit (A6027). After about half a mile you will come to a roundabout infront of the Reebok Stadium. Take the left turn at the roundabout and you immediatley pass a Holiday Inn Express on the left and nextdoor is the Harvester pub. Take the left turn beside the Harvestor into the pub car park.

Horwich Park Inn

Address: 1 Arena Approach
Horwich
GB - Bolton BL6 6LB
Tel: 01204 698877
Alongside the Reebok Football Stadium

This harvester is located next to a Express By Holiday Inn Hotel.
http://www.harvester.co.uk/harvester...untry%3D1138%2

Last edited by CathnPaul; Feb 22nd 2007 at 9:45 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oznoodle
Can we come too???? Never been to anything like this before so it would be nice to chat with people who are going through the same thing. Me, OH and two boys (ages 11 & 9).
You are very welcome to come - we are a friendly bunch...it literally is we take over the pub by pushing a few tables together. It isnt an organised event - but you will spot us all.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

HI
After much soul searching i have come to a major decision.
It is not often in life you get the chance to meet so many people all sharing the same dreams. People like this are hard to find and should be embraced with wide open arms when you find them.
SO for that reason, count me in, Ive cancelled my holiday and Im coming out to play with you lot! Im sure i will have much more fun anyway
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 1:28 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
HI
After much soul searching i have come to a major decision.
It is not often in life you get the chance to meet so many people all sharing the same dreams. People like this are hard to find and should be embraced with wide open arms when you find them.
SO for that reason, count me in, Ive cancelled my holiday and Im coming out to play with you lot! Im sure i will have much more fun anyway
lol. bolton better than perth anyway, 37 degrees today!!!!! IN AUTUMN!!!

Seriously tho, ill organise another one in June for me n clares swansong if you arent around for this one. I think itll be Cathnpauls too. Me n Clare are off in August but the last 10weeks will be busy having hangovers so we are doing one early so there is no rush at the end(unless someone else organises one in August!)

Great to see quite a few in numbers this time. All thanks to you starting this post!

Sorry we took over.

Me n Cath are just old hands now.LOL

Did you email The TRA?
If so what happened. pm me if you lke.

al

Last edited by alkristensen; Feb 23rd 2007 at 1:35 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:32 am
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road

As it's on 1st April, how do I know it's not an April fool? we'll turn up and no-one's going to be there!!?!?!?
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:31 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushpig
As it's on 1st April, how do I know it's not an April fool? we'll turn up and no-one's going to be there!!?!?!?
Well I thought that too......so at least there will be 2 of us!
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:36 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alkristensen
its the preston or blackpool or glasgow or barrow train. Basically anything going north will go through horwich parkway which is the stadium station and is yards away.

al

or vice verasa if you are coming from de-preston

sorry, could help it as im a prestonian as of birth!!

glad to see quite a few newbies too as the older ones are off this year mainly.

All should go quiet now until a few days before so dont panic everyone.
There are always a few drop outs and last minute newbies so hold tight.

al
Al, I said Tram not train!

Jackie x
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Al, I said Tram not train!

Jackie x
Jack - how many have you had!!! lol

and yes its definately 1st April - no joke!!

Superb stuff Daunted.... will be good to see you. As alk said its all thanks to you that this one is going ahead anyway. I also apologise for taking over - if you want to pick up the reigns you are very welcome.

Cant believe you have canx your hol though!! whats that all about!! we would have had another one in June as Alk says.

The first meet we organised was in June, 2005!! so would be a nice send off celebration and for Alk and I to leave the meets in capable hands.

Alkristen - Al & Clare
CathnPaul - Cath, Paul & 2 lads age 15 and 11
Keith and Lol (plus kids -maybe- 19, 12 and 10)
Mindblower - Dave & wendy + family??
Daunted -the mad lady who is choosing us lot over oz!! lol.
Bushpig - Jo- 2 lads age 7 & 8
Dobbin 74 - Chris and Ali
Dianej and 12yr old daughter.
Chippie74 - lee & leanne,steve & shelly
Leechy - Nicky,Steve, Danny (9), Aimee (5) and Alfie (2).
GaryVFR8 - Gary and Vicky.
True Blue Toffee - 2 boys (6 and 8).
Mrs JFW - Jackie - if she can get there.
Louise - 2 boys 8 and 6
Richard4 - OH and daughter age 4
Oznoodle - OH and two boys (ages 11 & 9).
My mate VikkiL - Nick, Amber (16), Travis (6) and Mason (2).

Details for Richard4 (it was on about page 3 mate) April 1st at 1pm
Harvester info:

Venue Address :
Harvester at Horwich Park,
Middlebrook Leisure & Retail Park,
Bolton,
Lancashire.
BL6 6LB
web-site : Harvester
Directions : Exit at Junction 6 of the M61 (Signposted Horwich and the brown signs for Middlebrook & Reebok Stadium) and at the roundabout, take the Horwich, Middlebrook & Reebok exit (A6027). After about half a mile you will come to a roundabout infront of the Reebok Stadium. Take the left turn at the roundabout and you immediatley pass a Holiday Inn Express on the left and nextdoor is the Harvester pub. Take the left turn beside the Harvestor into the pub car park.

Horwich Park Inn

Address: 1 Arena Approach
Horwich
GB - Bolton BL6 6LB
Tel: 01204 698877
Alongside the Reebok Football Stadium

This harvester is located next to a Express By Holiday Inn Hotel.
http://www.harvester.co.uk/harvester...untry%3D1138%2
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

I may be mad but im not THAT mad Im saving myself for the June one - I'll be there with knobs on

Al - i emailed TRA who said there was nothing to worry about - and now heard from agent words to the same effect so its all systems go go go!
Form should be in the post by this time next week I sure will not be sorry to see the back of THAT one!!

HEY AND TAKE OVER ALL YOU LIKE YOU LOT - TIS ONE LESS THING FOR MY ADDLED BRAIN TO THINK ABOUT XX

Last edited by daunted; Feb 23rd 2007 at 5:07 pm. Reason: addition
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by daunted
I may be mad but im not THAT mad Im saving myself for the June one - I'll be there with knobs on

Al - i emailed TRA who said there was nothing to worry about - and now heard from agent words to the same effect so its all systems go go go!
Form should be in the post by this time next week I sure will not be sorry to see the back of THAT one!!

HEY AND TAKE OVER ALL YOU LIKE YOU LOT - TIS ONE LESS THING FOR MY ADDLED BRAIN TO THINK ABOUT XX
haha.... are you sure???

good to hear about TRA - well pleased for you. x cant wait to meet you x
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
haha.... are you sure???

good to hear about TRA - well pleased for you. x cant wait to meet you x

Well its been a really difficult decision BUT a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do hey?
Im really looking forward to meetin you and everyone else too - will put my best party frock on and all
hey something to make you larf! Kids downloaded the Aussie National Anthem other night and they now trying to get it onto my mobile as ring tone
Anyone know how to change format from itunes thingy to one that will go on my phone??
mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.