Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire Meet??

Lancashire Meet??

Old Feb 12th 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lancashire Meet??

LOL looks likei will be alone
if anyone wants to make a suggestion to a date thats fine i am pretty flexible
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

all gone quiet in here!!!!! anyone wanna make a date , a place and a time...need a day/night out i would arange something but all the pubs i know you wipe your feet on the way out!!!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:22 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippie74
all gone quiet in here!!!!! anyone wanna make a date , a place and a time...need a day/night out i would arange something but all the pubs i know you wipe your feet on the way out!!!
hows about somewhere more central to everyone.

id come but clit hero is a bit far for me.

I was thinking of the pub next to bolton wanderers football club as quite central and just off the motorways and the a666 from blackburn way.

What does everyone think to that?

i dont know the name of the pub there but there is one called scotts. its a bar n grill i think.

We could meet up there first and if its crap then they have a whole area there devoted to being out for a few hours.

Megabowl is a good idea except a distraction i think. sitting in a quiet pub with no bouncers and not on derby day is a start.

We could arrange it for a sunday or a saturday that bolton are away so itll be quietish.

Hows about April fools day the sunday the 1st April. Yes its a month off but they are playing on the saturday at home, so the sunday will be great, mid afternoon, say about 3pm or later on about 5ish so if you want to eat during/after you can go home or eat at the pub.

Well?

al

Last edited by alkristensen; Feb 18th 2007 at 11:33 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alkristensen
hows about somewhere more central to everyone.

id come but clit hero is a bit far for me.

I was thinking of the pub next to bolton wanderers football club as quite central and just off the motorways and the a666 from blackburn way.

What does everyone think to that?

i dont know the name of the pub there but there is one called scotts. its a bar n grill i think.

We could meet up there first and if its crap then they have a whole area there devoted to being out for a few hours.

Megabowl is a good idea except a distraction i think. sitting in a quiet pub with no bouncers and not on derby day is a start.

We could arrange it for a sunday or a saturday that bolton are away so itll be quietish.

Hows about April fools day the sunday the 1st April. Yes its a month off but they are playing on the saturday at home, so the sunday will be great, mid afternoon, say about 3pm or later on about 5ish so if you want to eat during/after you can go home or eat at the pub.

Well?

al
April 1st sounds good to me.... experience talking al.lol.

Shall we throw out as follows:

Date: 1st April
Time: 2pm
Place: Scotts bar/grill - but there is a harvester if someone fancies that instead...
Directions: to Middlebrook

(Following lifted from website)
By Car
The development is adjacent to Junction 6 of the M61 Motorway which provides excellent connections to both the regional (M60, M62 and M65) and national (M6) motorway networks.

By Train
The development also boasts its own railway station - Horwich Parkway - which provide regular services from Blackpool and Preston to Manchester city centre and Manchester Airport.

By Bus
Middlebrook is also well served by regular public bus services to many of the surrounding towns and villages including: Manchester, Wigan, Leigh, Chorley, Preston, Westhoughton and, of course, Bolton with several services routed through the heart of the retail and leisure park itself.

http://www.middlebrook-bolton.co.uk/map-motorway.htm

http://www.middlebrook-bolton.co.uk/map-area.htm

Scotts Wine bar - No website
Tel: 01204 469510

or Harvester info:

Venue Address :
Harvester at Horwich Park,
Middlebrook Leisure & Retail Park,
Bolton,
Lancashire.
BL6 6LB
web-site : Harvester
Directions : Exit at Junction 6 of the M61 (Signposted Horwich and the brown signs for Middlebrook & Reebok Stadium) and at the roundabout, take the Horwich, Middlebrook & Reebok exit (A6027). After about half a mile you will come to a roundabout infront of the Reebok Stadium. Take the left turn at the roundabout and you immediatley pass a Holiday Inn Express on the left and nextdoor is the Harvester pub. Take the left turn beside the Harvestor into the pub car park.

Horwich Park Inn

Address: 1 Arena Approach
Horwich
GB - Bolton BL6 6LB
Tel: 01204 698877
Alongside the Reebok Football Stadium

This harvester is located next to a Express By Holiday Inn Hotel.
http://www.harvester.co.uk/harvester...untry%3D1138%2
Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

yep!!! im all for that ....
bolton only 20 mins away from me. i have some friends who started the ball rolling ready to go to auss but not on the net who are intrested of coming!!!
Old Feb 19th 2007, 1:21 pm
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippie74
yep!!! im all for that ....
bolton only 20 mins away from me. i have some friends who started the ball rolling ready to go to auss but not on the net who are intrested of coming!!!
im about 20 mins from there too as is preston and blackburn. We are all about half hour tops away.

ill round up a few at the last meet too like true blue toffee and my clare may come thius time too if she isnt booked up!

al
Old Feb 19th 2007, 1:36 pm
Banned

cheers cath, the harvester is prob better for people with kids.

al
Old Feb 19th 2007, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

sorry cant make the date as i will be landing in Perth
Dont worry though - i will make the next one.
Im a bit down today with it all (Strike that - VERY down) seems agent has found a possible problem with visa application. Why isnt there a sitting in the corner bawling smilie?
Old Feb 19th 2007, 2:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by daunted
sorry cant make the date as i will be landing in Perth
Dont worry though - i will make the next one.
Im a bit down today with it all (Strike that - VERY down) seems agent has found a possible problem with visa application. Why isnt there a sitting in the corner bawling smilie?
well seen as you organisedthe thread, do you agree on the meeting place?

we could bring it forward a week or 5 for your convienience no probs

hows about SAT 3rd march (as bolton are playing the 4th at home the next day)
or sat/sun 24/25th march. bolton dont play both these days

al

what is potentially wrong with your visa? did he say? share and we may be able to help you as one of us may have had something similar hapen.

pm me if you like

al
Old Feb 19th 2007, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey its fine about the meet - go and have a good time! i will think of you all as i put my sunglasses firmly over my eyes
Will pm you
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:22 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
April 1st sounds good to me.... experience talking al.lol.

Shall we throw out as follows:

Date: 1st April
Time: 2pm
Place: Scotts bar/grill - but there is a harvester if someone fancies that instead...
Directions: to Middlebrook

(Following lifted from website)
By Car
The development is adjacent to Junction 6 of the M61 Motorway which provides excellent connections to both the regional (M60, M62 and M65) and national (M6) motorway networks.

By Train
The development also boasts its own railway station - Horwich Parkway - which provide regular services from Blackpool and Preston to Manchester city centre and Manchester Airport.

By Bus
Middlebrook is also well served by regular public bus services to many of the surrounding towns and villages including: Manchester, Wigan, Leigh, Chorley, Preston, Westhoughton and, of course, Bolton with several services routed through the heart of the retail and leisure park itself.

http://www.middlebrook-bolton.co.uk/map-motorway.htm

http://www.middlebrook-bolton.co.uk/map-area.htm

Scotts Wine bar - No website
Tel: 01204 469510

or Harvester info:

Venue Address :
Harvester at Horwich Park,
Middlebrook Leisure & Retail Park,
Bolton,
Lancashire.
BL6 6LB
web-site : Harvester
Directions : Exit at Junction 6 of the M61 (Signposted Horwich and the brown signs for Middlebrook & Reebok Stadium) and at the roundabout, take the Horwich, Middlebrook & Reebok exit (A6027). After about half a mile you will come to a roundabout infront of the Reebok Stadium. Take the left turn at the roundabout and you immediatley pass a Holiday Inn Express on the left and nextdoor is the Harvester pub. Take the left turn beside the Harvestor into the pub car park.

Horwich Park Inn

Address: 1 Arena Approach
Horwich
GB - Bolton BL6 6LB
Tel: 01204 698877
Alongside the Reebok Football Stadium

This harvester is located next to a Express By Holiday Inn Hotel.
http://www.harvester.co.uk/harvester...untry%3D1138%2
Will try and attend ( with mrs) -lol

Dave
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:40 pm
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road

Hi, my names Jo my old man is Brum or Steve to everyone else. can anyone come? We live in weeton (near Blackpool) and hope to be moving to oz in may (if all goes well on the visa front).
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushpig
Hi, my names Jo my old man is Brum or Steve to everyone else. can anyone come? We live in weeton (near Blackpool) and hope to be moving to oz in may (if all goes well on the visa front).
The more the merrier, we are hoping to be in Oz for the end of May, whereabouts are you thinkin of settling,
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:46 pm
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Keith&Lol
The more the merrier, we are hoping to be in Oz for the end of May, whereabouts are you thinkin of settling,
We're going to Darwin (NT). Not sure if we will settle in Darwin as with my husbands job we could get moved around. Where you going? Will there be many kids there as I would like my 2 to meet other kids in the same boat. We haven't got are visa through yet as only posted it just over 2 weeks ago.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushpig
We're going to Darwin (NT). Not sure if we will settle in Darwin as with my husbands job we could get moved around. Where you going? Will there be many kids there as I would like my 2 to meet other kids in the same boat. We haven't got are visa through yet as only posted it just over 2 weeks ago.

Hi Bushpig, my kids are 19, 12 and 10 and we are going to Wagga, rural NSW, I think we will probably take the kids as it's a daytime meet, not sure if the eldest will go? Hope to meet you there.
Lol xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.