Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

June/July Book Club - The Time Traveller's Wife

June/July Book Club - The Time Traveller's Wife

Old May 23rd 2008, 3:38 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future
Default June/July Book Club - The Time Traveller's Wife

The next meet for Sydney Book Club is :-

Thursday 3rd July (evening)
St Ives

The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

(I believe copies are currently available at Pennant Hills, Galston, Turramurra, and Lane Cove libraries. Other copies are held at those and other libraries but are currently 'on loan' - it might be wise to make a reservation.)

All are welcome, but if you can't make the meet you can always join the on-line review next day in 'The Barbie'.

Happy Reading!!
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:55 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: June/July Book Club - The Time Traveller's Wife

I'm currently reading it for the third time since it was published.

It's the best book I've read in the longest time.

Enjoy!

M
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
I'm currently reading it for the third time since it was published.

It's the best book I've read in the longest time.

Enjoy!

M
I've read it too really different kind of book.
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Love this book, second favourite to We Need To Talk About Kevin
Happy Reading
Jacqui
Old May 24th 2008, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the book today, and a spare copy if anyone needs it. I know that it is customary to offer tea and jam tarts upon collection which I am more than happy to do, so if anyone has trouble tracking down a copy please PM me.

Happy reading.
Old May 24th 2008, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Sal1705 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have got a copy reserved at Castle Hill (after Hoola) so should get it by beginning of June.

Can't remember who's house the meeting is at in St Ives - is that you Martha? If so, can you PM me your address when you have a minute.

Sal1705
Old May 25th 2008, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ron the Pom
I got the book today, and a spare copy if anyone needs it. I know that it is customary to offer tea and jam tarts upon collection which I am more than happy to do, so if anyone has trouble tracking down a copy please PM me.

Happy reading.
I'll have it if you've still got it please. I'm actuslly going to give reading the book a go this time!
Old May 25th 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

No problem, you are more than welcome to it.
Old May 25th 2008, 10:21 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yanH
I'll have it if you've still got it please. I'm actuslly going to give reading the book a go this time!
It takes a bit to get used to the book travelling from one time to another, but once you get the hang of it, you won't be able to put it down.

M
Old May 26th 2008, 10:15 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Hi Ladies
I have the book and am loving it already.
Happy reading.
Old May 29th 2008, 8:53 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

At the May meet we had a general discussion about how expensive books are to buy here in Aus. Well, courtesy of Wilgar, I have discovered a site

www.bookdepository.co.uk

where the books are cheap and delivery is free!

This month's book, The Time Traveller's Wife, is on for £6.61 - should be here within a week and may be a lot easier than chasing 1 or 2 copies around the Hills District!
Old May 29th 2008, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Wow, that will be really useful to keep in mind for the future.
Old May 29th 2008, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

Going to try and read this one too...
If I can find it
Old May 30th 2008, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Yes, it's at mine Sal. Will PM you.

M x
Old Jun 1st 2008, 12:45 pm
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

have not got my copy yet.......whoever had it loaned out from the library didn't return it on time so I am still waiting & I know Sal is after me....so if anyone gets through their copy quick maybe they can pass it on to one of us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.