Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I think its time we had another Sydney meet !

View Poll Results: where would you like the next sydney meet to be?
Balmoral Beach
65.52%
Centennial Park
41.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

I think its time we had another Sydney meet !

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

tubbybear has a spectacular aura abouttubbybear has a spectacular aura abouttubbybear has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I think its time we had another Sydney meet !

Hi all,

Just what we've been looking for a chance to meet up, have a chat and sink a few beers, lovely!! We got here 11th January and are living in Shell Cove, so a bit of a drive for us but we don't mind as would love to meet some people. So we'd probably go for centennial park if it's nearer for us, it would be me, my husband, 3yr old son and 20mth old daughter.

Well done Soapy for taking the initiative, look forward to meeting you all then.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

Good god haven't you gone yet.....

We will be there and hopefully the bloody organsier will be to!

Balmoral for us is easier but I would travel to the park as well
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:46 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tubbybear
Hi all,

Just what we've been looking for a chance to meet up, have a chat and sink a few beers, lovely!! We got here 11th January and are living in Shell Cove, so a bit of a drive for us but we don't mind as would love to meet some people. So we'd probably go for centennial park if it's nearer for us, it would be me, my husband, 3yr old son and 20mth old daughter.

Well done Soapy for taking the initiative, look forward to meeting you all then.
hi tubbybear,
balmoral wouldnt be easier for u but it looks as if the park is not in the running.
the beach meet is one of the best places we have had the meets and most of the people seem to have decided on the beach.
its about 15 mins more drive from the park so its not too bad. it doesnt really matter where it is, its always a great day out. look forward to meeting you
soapy
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:52 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swaffy
Good god haven't you gone yet.....

We will be there and hopefully the bloody organsier will be to!

Balmoral for us is easier but I would travel to the park as well
still here mate, so u will have to put up with me a little longer lol
Old Feb 24th 2006, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
Where would you like the meet?
We have two options both sites are great.

The first option is Balmoral Beach, this is where the last meet was held and it was a great spot. The only problem was getting to it by bus from the south.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=sydney+manly

The other is Centennial Park next to fox studios. We have had a few meets here and it’s quite easy to get to. Again the only problem is that most people who attend the meets are from the north.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=sydney+manly

So heres the idea. Why don’t we do a poll to see who would like where for the meet?
I am looking at the date for 18th of march
Prefer Balmoral - it's the Scottish thing you know.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 12:25 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Ian12
Prefer Balmoral - it's the Scottish thing you know.
so we can count u robert and the boys in then?
now rmbr, dont double book this one
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: I think its time we had another Sydney meet !

hi there everyone,
we have finally made it to sydney and have just moved into a house in allambie heights (behind manly on northern beaches) and would love to come along to your meet. is it still at balmoral beach on 18th march. sorry if this ? has already been answered but i am very tired as drove down from the gold coast yesterday and have been moving into house today. i am also pregnant for the first time-baby due in 8 weeks, so its all go here.
cheers for now

so we can count u robert and the boys in then?
now rmbr, dont double book this one
Old Feb 25th 2006, 12:51 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by threlly
hi there everyone,
we have finally made it to sydney and have just moved into a house in allambie heights (behind manly on northern beaches) and would love to come along to your meet. is it still at balmoral beach on 18th march. sorry if this ? has already been answered but i am very tired as drove down from the gold coast yesterday and have been moving into house today. i am also pregnant for the first time-baby due in 8 weeks, so its all go here.
cheers for now
its still at the same place and time. hope u dont go early and miss the meet lol
oh welcome to sydney mate
Old Feb 26th 2006, 6:17 am
Master of verbal pish©

ahem !!!
couldnt resist.............anyone else fancy a day out
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

bump...bump.....bumpty...bump
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:48 am
Master of verbal pish©

have u got nothin better to do with your time ange?
Old Feb 26th 2006, 8:15 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

ahem !!!
couldnt resist.............anyone else fancy a day out
YES yes and yes BUT have not been to Balmoral Beach missed the last one.
Please give details of area and place where we will see you and is it BBQ or picnic?
Have you ordered dry weather from him upstairs? You will note we brought you a bit of rain when we returned from England yesterday!!!!

I think we will have to come by car so parking details would also assist.
Looking forward tol a crack before you 'chase' the sun to Queensland.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Rockville is on a distinguished road

Just seen this but yes we will be up for that. Balmoral easy peasy for us so see everyone there on 18th.
Gill
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:37 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by yafm
YES yes and yes BUT have not been to Balmoral Beach missed the last one.
Please give details of area and place where we will see you and is it BBQ or picnic?
Have you ordered dry weather from him upstairs? You will note we brought you a bit of rain when we returned from England yesterday!!!!

I think we will have to come by car so parking details would also assist.
Looking forward tol a crack before you 'chase' the sun to Queensland.
details are easy.......just head through mossman as if u are heading for manly, u will see a sign on the left for balmoral beach...take that lol
at the end of the beach there is a car park but it costs. u might be lucky enough to get a space on the street, free !!!. we will be meeting just in front of the carpark next to the beach
we might not make it, because........... we might be heading north to live if things go the way we want it to go but the meet will be better without my pish
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:39 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Rockville
Just seen this but yes we will be up for that. Balmoral easy peasy for us so see everyone there on 18th.
Gill
cool, u will love it. its a fab day out and everyone is really nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.