Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I think its time we had another Sydney meet !

View Poll Results: where would you like the next sydney meet to be?
Balmoral Beach
65.52%
Centennial Park
41.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

I think its time we had another Sydney meet !

Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:10 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default I think its time we had another Sydney meet !

Where would you like the meet?
We have two options both sites are great.

The first option is Balmoral Beach, this is where the last meet was held and it was a great spot. The only problem was getting to it by bus from the south.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=sydney+manly

The other is Centennial Park next to fox studios. We have had a few meets here and it’s quite easy to get to. Again the only problem is that most people who attend the meets are from the north.

So heres the idea. Why don’t we do a poll to see who would like where for the meet?
I am looking at the date for 18th of march

Last edited by soapy©; Feb 11th 2006 at 3:18 am.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:20 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think its time we had another Sydney meet !

Soapy - I thought you had taken your meet arrangers hat off! Weren't you moving up the coast?

Balmoral gets my vote but since we haven't been to Centennial Park either I guess either venue would be fine by us! Nice to have a bit of decisiveness to get this thing off to a start, eh?!

Binbird
Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:23 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
Soapy - I thought you had taken your meet arrangers hat off! Weren't you moving up the coast?

Balmoral gets my vote but since we haven't been to Centennial Park either I guess either venue would be fine by us! Nice to have a bit of decisiveness to get this thing off to a start, eh?!

Binbird
hi mate, i noticed there had been a few post over the last couple of weeks about people who havent met up with anyone. i doublt it if we will be in sydney by that day. but i thought it was time someone got a meet up and running
if we are still here...........WE WILL BE AT THE MEET lol
Old Feb 11th 2006, 4:01 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

oooooohh, at long last we can say that we will be in Sydney.

At least we will be over the jet lag by then, but will be looking for rental place - so if it does not clash I'm sure the 3 of us will be there

Balmoral (& I knew where it is!!), will be easier for us to get to
Old Feb 11th 2006, 4:02 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by walaj
oooooohh, at long last we can say that we will be in Sydney.

At least we will be over the jet lag by then, but will be looking for rental place - so if it does not clash I'm sure the 3 of us will be there

Balmoral (& I knew where it is!!), will be easier for us to get to
you should have found a house by then
Old Feb 12th 2006, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Parker is on a distinguished road

Good idea. Balmoral is lovely but either are fine with us as would have to drive there anyway.
Hope to see you all in March
Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:44 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Parker
Good idea. Balmoral is lovely but either are fine with us as would have to drive there anyway.
Hope to see you all in March
lucky you, your about 10 mins from both lol.
well the dates set and so far it looks north.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sutherland - til we find a house with a nice kitchen! Oh, even better - found one with a nice pool.
Mr. Ee will become famous soon enoughMr. Ee will become famous soon enough

Either would be OK for us - we'd be driving anyway so let us know
where, when, and what and we'll see you there.

we've been in Sydney since the 6th Dec and it would be good to meet up with some others in the same position as us. SO far we are loving it and the kids are settling well and we are amusing most of the Ozzies we know by continually doing things not quite the right way!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 10:04 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Mr. Ee
Either would be OK for us - we'd be driving anyway so let us know
where, when, and what and we'll see you there.

we've been in Sydney since the 6th Dec and it would be good to meet up with some others in the same position as us. SO far we are loving it and the kids are settling well and we are amusing most of the Ozzies we know by continually doing things not quite the right way!
its an easy day out. just turn up and gab, laugh and drink (if you want to)
all the details for both are on the first post. just click on the link
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by soapy

The first option is Balmoral Beach, this is where the last meet was held and it was a great spot. The only problem was getting to it by bus from the south.

The other is Centennial Park next to fox studios. We have had a few meets here and it’s quite easy to get to. Again the only problem is that most people who attend the meets are from the north.

So heres the idea. Why don’t we do a poll to see who would like where for the meet?
We'd be up for it, been here since January and met some nice people but always up for meeting lots of new nice peeps too. 18th March is fine by us

Debs
Old Feb 13th 2006, 1:12 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by debilloyd
We'd be up for it, been here since January and met some nice people but always up for meeting lots of new nice peeps too. 18th March is fine by us

Debs
fantastic. its starting to build really fast now. should be a great turnout
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

18th March is good for us. I don't know either place so whichever the majority wants is OK with us.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: I think its time we had another Sydney meet !

hi soapy,
remember me? at last we r moving to sydney. we move into a house in allambie heights (back of manly) on feb 25th, so we would love to come to the meet. i like the sound of Balmoral Beach. When r u moving up to the Gold Coast?
cheers

Originally Posted by soapy

Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:04 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by spottydog
18th March is good for us. I don't know either place so whichever the majority wants is OK with us.
both are really easy to find if you have a car. i will do a count in a couple of week. so far it looks like balmoral
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:06 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by threlly
hi soapy,
remember me? at last we r moving to sydney. we move into a house in allambie heights (back of manly) on feb 25th, so we would love to come to the meet. i like the sound of Balmoral Beach. When r u moving up to the Gold Coast?
cheers
hi stranger, good to hear from you
pauline is just waiting on word about a job. if she gets it, that will set the date.
i do hope we are still in sydney so i get the chance to catch up with you before we go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.