Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Horse racing day at Doomben in BRISBANE

Horse racing day at Doomben in BRISBANE

Old Sep 20th 2009, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Horse racing day at Doomben in BRISBANE

There's a few of us going Horse racing at DOOMBEN IN BRISBANE on OCTOBER 24TH if anyone is interested in a day out . (probably followed by drinks in the city afterward if i know this lot !!) It gives people a great chance to meet others at an informal function where the onus is for everyone to strip the bookie of his cash Please feel free to put your names down people or just pm me and i'll give you my number to contact at the racecourse .No need to buy tickets as it's a pay on the day event if you're interested and we'll just meet up there .Also it does give all you lurvely ladies a chance to get out the party hats and dust down the posh frocks for the day

Happy racing folks
Old Sep 21st 2009, 3:55 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horse racing day at Doomben in BRISBANE

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
There's a few of us going Horse racing at DOOMBEN IN BRISBANE on OCTOBER 24TH if anyone is interested in a day out . (probably followed by drinks in the city afterward if i know this lot !!) It gives people a great chance to meet others at an informal function where the onus is for everyone to strip the bookie of his cash Please feel free to put your names down people or just pm me and i'll give you my number to contact at the racecourse .No need to buy tickets as it's a pay on the day event if you're interested and we'll just meet up there .Also it does give all you lurvely ladies a chance to get out the party hats and dust down the posh frocks for the day

Happy racing folks
Sorry, won't be able to make it as it clashes with another high octane racing event which involve several thousand horses(power that is).
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Quite like the sound of that but its my birthday on that day so I'm sure my lovely hubby (hint,hint ) will have made other plans...if not (as may well be the case )though we'd love to come....are you counting the numbers coming or is it just a case of turning up?
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Sorry, won't be able to make it as it clashes with another high octane racing event which involve several thousand horses(power that is).
Horses for courses as they say
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
Quite like the sound of that but its my birthday on that day so I'm sure my lovely hubby (hint,hint ) will have made other plans...if not (as may well be the case )though we'd love to come....are you counting the numbers coming or is it just a case of turning up?
Yep it's just a case of turning up as it's payable at the gate So far there's between 5 - 7 couples interested
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:05 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger.

I will be in Noosa that weekend:curse:

Any other weekend after that Bobby.....and I have a few free guest passes

G
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Grayling
Bugger.

I will be in Noosa that weekend:curse:

Any other weekend after that Bobby.....and I have a few free guest passes

G
You trying to avoid me mate ? Hopefully we'll get summit else organized C
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:18 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

You trying to avoid me mate ? Hopefully we'll get summit else organized C
My SIL is here for a few weeks

more than my life is worth to not behave for a while.

I would have loved to have gone for the day.

Had a particularly good day at Doomben yesterday

Any time you are free....give me the nod

G
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Grayling
My SIL is here for a few weeks

more than my life is worth to not behave for a while.

I would have loved to have gone for the day.

Had a particularly good day at Doomben yesterday

Any time you are free....give me the nod

G
Will do mate .Nice to hear the good news (about Doomben and not the Sil)
Old Sep 27th 2009, 10:37 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but I'd already said that I would work at the SuperGP, though will try if there is another time.....

Gold Coast, V8's, red firesuit, bikini girls..mmmm

Last edited by The Bloke; Sep 27th 2009 at 10:39 am.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

7 couples now showing an interest in attending so surely 1 of us can win
Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

gee21builder is a jewel in the roughgee21builder is a jewel in the roughgee21builder is a jewel in the roughgee21builder is a jewel in the rough

Hi we moved here about 8 weeks ago... and we would really like to come on the race day.... this is my 1st post so couldn't send you a PM, we are a couple from cambridgeshire now moved to cleveland, can you let me know the details please thanks
Old Oct 6th 2009, 2:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gee21builder
Hi we moved here about 8 weeks ago... and we would really like to come on the race day.... this is my 1st post so couldn't send you a PM, we are a couple from cambridgeshire now moved to cleveland, can you let me know the details please thanks
One more post and you will have access to your private messages
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A bit more info for anyone interested

http://www.brc.com.au/play/racedays/...plate-raceday/
Old Oct 15th 2009, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

For any newcomers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.