Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast Meet!

Gold Coast Meet!

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast Meet!

Originally Posted by remmie1
That's me and my daughter too - hair bear bunch or what?! Will be nice to meet some fellow curly wurlies!!

OMG we're gonna be the curly bunch from the UK

Unpacking is done thanks, we've left some in boxes as we're hoping to buy next year, so thought its not worth unpacking everything

Sue x
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
hi sue we would love to come to are we allowed as we are brisbanites

No....................

I think Tracey & Gary are coming too.

See you Sunday
Sue x...I'll call you later tonight
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by funkybuddah
Hi Sue. Have a drink for me and think of me, wearing my coat and scarf and drinking hot chocolate trying to to keep some kind of heat in my body
Have a great time.

not long now hun!!!!!

Will have a for ya

Sue x
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:51 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

The link I posted didn't work, so type in first avenue, palm beach and Qld and you'll see Laguna Park:

www.whereis.com.au/

BTW, hope the weather improves by then.

Paul.

Last edited by diddy; Nov 23rd 2005 at 3:53 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Here you go....

If your coming down the Pacific HW take exit 93
You'll come to some traffic lights, turn left into Sarawak Ave,follow that down to an odd shaped roundabout, take 1st exit down Tahiti Ave, follow this road down to Laguna Av, which is 3rd right... the park is on your right

If your coming down the Gold Coast HW, As you go from Burleigh heads, follow signes to Palm Beach you will go over a bridge with small beaches either side and a camp site to the right, follow the GC HW all the way down through alot of lights, turn right at lights into Forth Ave, follow up then turn Left into Philippine Pde...then turn right into Laguna Ave, park it on your left

Phew
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by diddy
The link I posted didn't work, so type in first avenue, palm beach and Qld and you'll see Laguna Park:

www.whereis.com.au/

BTW, hope the weather improves by then.

Paul.

Cheers Paul

It will be all around your then if it doesn't

Sue x
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:51 am
Just Joined

pete hoy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sue2
Yeah its still on, you've not had a pm then? I'll text you there address and time if you don't hear anything.

Sue x
hi sue this is pete & debbie would like to join you guys at the meet on sunday we,ve , been here since april still settling in we,ve a 16yr old daughter caroline who,s finding it difficult to settle if their are any other teenagers there it would be good to get her mixing with people her own age see you all sunday.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pete hoy
hi sue this is pete & debbie would like to join you guys at the meet on sunday we,ve , been here since april still settling in we,ve a 16yr old daughter caroline who,s finding it difficult to settle if their are any other teenagers there it would be good to get her mixing with people her own age see you all sunday.
Great looking forward to meeting you guys I know there are a couple of teenagers going

See you all Sunday

Sue x
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bump
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

JG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really nice

Hi Sue,

Is Sunday still on? I only ask because the weather has been (and is forecast to be) awful! Are there sheltered spots?!! Don't mind, will still be there, will remind us all of what we've left behind!! See ya!

Bump
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JG04
Hi Sue,

Is Sunday still on? I only ask because the weather has been (and is forecast to be) awful! Are there sheltered spots?!! Don't mind, will still be there, will remind us all of what we've left behind!! See ya!

Just seen it myself maybe look again on Saturday and if its going to be really bad maybe move it to next Sunday?

Sue x
Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

bloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nice
Cool Re: Gold Coast Meet!

Just seen it myself maybe look again on Saturday and if its going to be really bad maybe move it to next Sunday?

Sue x
This Sunday , next Sunday ? either way it'd be nice to do it in the sun...another week won't make much difference and if the weather is good the kids will be happier.....ergo, so will everyone..see what the weather brings and do it on both Sundays if you want...we'll be up at Laguna at 11 on Sunday and if no-one turns up we'll go again next week...sooner or later it'll be too hot anyway....See you in the park.

bloofox.

P.S if it's really pissing down there's always the pubs.....or surf club...or RSL...or Tin Shed Sports club ( my favourite alternative, another 500 meters and plenty of cold beer, and good food...)
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:08 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bloofox
This Sunday , next Sunday ? either way it'd be nice to do it in the sun...another week won't make much difference and if the weather is good the kids will be happier.....ergo, so will everyone..see what the weather brings and do it on both Sundays if you want...we'll be up at Laguna at 11 on Sunday and if no-one turns up we'll go again next week...sooner or later it'll be too hot anyway....See you in the park.

bloofox.

P.S if it's really pissing down there's always the pubs.....or surf club...or RSL...or Tin Shed Sports club ( my favourite alternative, another 500 meters and plenty of cold beer, and good food...)

Hi, if it's gonna be peeing it down then we won't make it . However are any of the above a serious alternative, that allows kids? Could always say Laguna park if it's nice or xxxxx if it's not. Sorry don't know the area so can't comment on inside places nearby.
If not, I don't think we're doing anything next weekend so should be alright for then if it doesn't happen this weekend.
Marie
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:10 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Same here. If weather is pants then next week is OK.

Paul.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

We'll make a decision tomorrow then, see what the weather is like Surf club would be good and is ok for kids, but there is so many of us and probably only a few members.

Will post tomorrow

Sue x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.