Reload this Page >

EAST MIDLANDS MEET UP????

EAST MIDLANDS MEET UP????

Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road
Default EAST MIDLANDS MEET UP????

Hi all

just wondering if there's anyone out there interested in meeting up in the east midlands??

Marie & Dave
Old Jul 15th 2009, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAST MIDLANDS MEET UP????

Hi Marie,

Where in Derby are you from? we moved out 18 months ago
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

NatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really nice

Originally Posted by -Marie-
Hi all

just wondering if there's anyone out there interested in meeting up in the east midlands??

Marie & Dave
Hi we are from Leicester, a meet up would be good. We are heading for Perth july 2010. Oh is a carpenter.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 1:36 am
Just Joined

Jane and Mark 6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We're in Perth, we moved 20 months ago.
We're originally from Derbyshire, we were 10 mile
from Derby and 10 mile from nottingham.
Maybe I should arrange a meet over here too,
then when everyone arrives we could have another one.
Any excuse for a drink and a natter!!
Hope you all have a good meet anyway.
Good luck and all the best for your future journeys!!

Jane
Old Aug 14th 2009, 8:14 am
Just Joined

NatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really nice

Hi Jane and Mark, doesn't seem to be much intrest in meet ups over here in the uk. would love to meet up with you in Perth. Do you have any children? We have 4, 2 looking forward to coming 1 not bothered hes 8 and an awkward 10, nearly 11 she doesn't want to move. Great idea to start a meet up.

Natalie.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Hi Nat and Dom,
Yeah we have 4 children, girl 18, boy 16, girl 11 and my baby he's 9,I should call him my baby, but he is!! So quite a mixed bunch!!
So you definately heading out here next July then, it'll soon come round.
I'll pm you all my contact details and we can keep in touch, it'll good for you to have someone hear who can help you settle. Unless you already have family or friends here?
I'll pass my 2 youngests emails and msn stuff and your's can talk to them,it might help them talking to other kids who're already living here.
Right I'll get on with the pm
Take care
Jane
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi

We live in queensland but originally from Long Eaton. Not too far from you lot by the sounds of it. Whats Perth like?

Jane and Andi
Old Aug 14th 2009, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jane and Andi,

We love Perth, its very relaxed. Life's there if you want it, water sports, beach
and all that sort of stuff. But if you just like to chill it has that too.
It suits us. There's nightlife in Perth City, if you enjoy clubs etc. The pubs/taverns don't stay open late in the suburbs away from the city, but that
suits us too. As alot of people say its boring but then I guess we're a boring family. But we love it. How long you been in Queensland?

Jane and Mark.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jane and Mark 6
Hi
We're in Perth, we moved 20 months ago.
We're originally from Derbyshire, we were 10 mile
from Derby and 10 mile from nottingham.
Maybe I should arrange a meet over here too,
then when everyone arrives we could have another one.
Any excuse for a drink and a natter!!
Hope you all have a good meet anyway.
Good luck and all the best for your future journeys!!

Jane

sounds good to us, we prob aiming next year???
altho looking at a 3 week reccie prob jan or feb to validate, so could do with hints on accomodation!!!! how you finding it?

take care
marie & dave x
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

We've been in queensland 2 years. We live just north of the sunshine coast and really enjoy the quieter life. We both have businesses on the coast but my OH hit the nail on the head the other day and said he wouldn't move as he liked to come home to nothing but birds wallabies and the odd large spider.

Jane
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Hi Marie and Dave,

We love it here, but we haven't been anywhere else in Australia to compare it to. But we would love to see other states. I think we're settled here now, well we will be when we sell our house and get the one we really want!! But you learn by your mistakes in this world don't you?
If you are thinking jan feb I would start looking now for accomodation, as its our summer here then and I surpose it could be busy, having said that we arrived Dec and we managed to get a holiday let, but only just, and we didn't book it until quite late. If you google on the internet for holiday lets you'll find some. I've got some friends coming over, emmigrating, and they've got holiday lets so I'll get in touch and see where they found them.

Take care Jane xx
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer
We've been in queensland 2 years. We live just north of the sunshine coast and really enjoy the quieter life. We both have businesses on the coast but my OH hit the nail on the head the other day and said he wouldn't move as he liked to come home to nothing but birds wallabies and the odd large spider.

Jane
Hi Jane,
I'm glad you like it where you are.
We've obviously found what we were looking for over here.

Jane
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jane and Mark 6
Hi Marie and Dave,

We love it here, but we haven't been anywhere else in Australia to compare it to. But we would love to see other states. I think we're settled here now, well we will be when we sell our house and get the one we really want!! But you learn by your mistakes in this world don't you?
If you are thinking jan feb I would start looking now for accomodation, as its our summer here then and I surpose it could be busy, having said that we arrived Dec and we managed to get a holiday let, but only just, and we didn't book it until quite late. If you google on the internet for holiday lets you'll find some. I've got some friends coming over, emmigrating, and they've got holiday lets so I'll get in touch and see where they found them.

Take care Jane xx
hi jane

that would be a great help!!! not set onb dates so we can be flexible ie come when its cheaper!!! lol

take care

marie x