Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coffee during the week in Sydney/Inner West?

Coffee during the week in Sydney/Inner West?

Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coffee during the week in Sydney/Inner West?

Hi,

I've recently arrived in Sydney and am living in the Inner West - I'm looking for a job at the moment, but in the meantime I'm going crazy during the day while my husband is at work, and would love someone else to chat with.

Does anyone fancy meeting up for a coffee either somewhere in the Inner West or in the city one day during the week? It doesn't matter how old you are, whether you have kids etc - sometimes the best friendships come from the most unlikely pairings!

Suzi
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

holmes will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Coffee during the week in Sydney/Inner West?

Hi Suzi - welcome!

A group of ladies (most, but not all, with kids) meet at Castle Hill RSL on Tuesdays, 10:30 - coffee usually runs into lunch. Please join us - PM me if you'd like more info.

Castle Hill happens each week regardless, but there is also an overlapping group who meet at various places on the first Tuesday of each month - keep a look-out for a thread "Sydney Ladies FTC".

rgds
holmes
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, thanks that was a quick reply!

I've got an interview this Tuesday, but providing I can get public transport out there I should be able to come along the following week.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Hereandnow is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Suzi, I'm in the same boat, also recently moved to the inner west (drummoyne) I dont know anyone in sydney yet so I'd love to meet up for coffee. I'm here with hubby and 19 yr old daughter, we recently moved over from Perth, been in Aus 2 years.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Great! I'll send you a PM and we can arrange a time/date.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:03 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to suzimc and Hereandnow - I've just posted the details for our first holiday meet next week and it's only just over the water from where you guys seem to be. Check it out and come along if you are free.

B
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Coffee during the week in Sydney/Inner West?

Welcome suzimc and heraand now.Try to come along next Tuesday.We were all in the same boat at sometime............
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:53 pm
6 months in....

lolobolo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi suzi,how's the job hunting going?

My kids both started school on Monday, I am missing the company although I am sure they are quite happy

If you fancy a coffe this week, I am in Balmain tomorrow morning for the dentist at 11.45ish so should be finished about 12.30.

Loz
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by binbird
Hi to suzimc and Hereandnow - I've just posted the details for our first holiday meet next week and it's only just over the water from where you guys seem to be. Check it out and come along if you are free.

B
Thanks, I'll see if I can make it, and thanks Wilgar for the welcome too!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lolobolo
Hi suzi,how's the job hunting going?

My kids both started school on Monday, I am missing the company although I am sure they are quite happy

If you fancy a coffe this week, I am in Balmain tomorrow morning for the dentist at 11.45ish so should be finished about 12.30.

Loz
Hi Loz,

Job hunting is going ok, no job offer as yet, but it's still early days so I'm ok with that.

How are the kids finding school? Did they go to Hunters Hill in the end?

I'm off on my hols for a few days tomorrow so I'm not going to be around...sorry about that!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

koala12 will become famous soon enoughkoala12 will become famous soon enough

I've been in Sydney just over a year and am around in the week looking to make some friends too - I'm late 40s but young at heart!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Hi Koala
We`re all incredibly young(!) Our children just look old!
Can you join us Tuesday ? The more the merrier.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

koala12 will become famous soon enoughkoala12 will become famous soon enough

Hi Wilgar
I knew it was my children's fault.....them looking old makes me look old, even though I was a child bride and had them young!!!!! Can't join you next Tuesday as it's my birthday and my eldest daughter is taking day off from work and has something special (a suprise!) planned but perhaps another week....I'll probably be the Group Granny as bound to be the oldest!!!
Thanks, Karen
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thumbs up Re: Coffee during the week in Sydney/Inner West?

I was a child bride too!
keep an eye on the FTC posts in meet Ups and try to come along to one of those.
happy Birthday for Tuesday!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:18 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

Originally Posted by koala12
Hi Wilgar
I knew it was my children's fault.....them looking old makes me look old, even though I was a child bride and had them young!!!!! Can't join you next Tuesday as it's my birthday and my eldest daughter is taking day off from work and has something special (a suprise!) planned but perhaps another week....I'll probably be the Group Granny as bound to be the oldest!!!
Thanks, Karen
"Oldest".........they are all still trying to double guess my age in FTC & none are near the mark so don't feel old if you're young at heart.
It' smy birthday on Sunday & I expect a day off.........from doing anything.
Have fun next week & maybe see you at an FTC thing soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.