Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medication while on a WHV?

Medication while on a WHV?

Old Sep 21st 2016, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

wasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud of
Default Medication while on a WHV?

I am planning on moving to Australia soon on a working holiday visa, for at least 9 months but probably the whole year. I am 23 and I take daily medication for anxiety, how do I continue taking it while in Australia? and what are the costs?
Old Sep 21st 2016, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medication while on a WHV?

Can you take your supply with you? As you are travelling for a definite period they can usually give you enough to cover your visit I would have thought.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medication while on a WHV?

My daughter came on a WHV from UK 5 years ago so this might be out of date.

She is epileptic, checked she could get the same medication here, was only allowed to have 3 months medication as was going over seas.

Registered with Medicare on arrival and had no problems getting medication, but you have to pay here, even if on long term medication, where as it's free in UK.

She had the occasional hiccup with her health while on her WHV, but has had wonderful treatment on Medicare.

Good luck hope this makes you feel less anxious.