Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Castle Hill RSL-Tuesdays 10.30am

Castle Hill RSL-Tuesdays 10.30am

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

holmes will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Castle Hill RSL-Tuesdays 10.30am

I'd be happy to do something...... do you think CHRSL will be packed though? Will there be anywhere that isn't?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Originally Posted by holmes
I'd be happy to do something...... do you think CHRSL will be packed though? Will there be anywhere that isn't?
Shall we give Castle Hill a try this week and then decamp elsewhere next week if it's a nightmare....... As there are lots of people away at the moment it may not be too bad????
I think poshrice is up for it and I will be there (provided I'm not a nora-no-mates!) but am happy to go with the flow if everyone would rather meet elsewhere?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Sal1705 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mum being put on the plane first thing Tues am, so I will be available too. See you at the RSL then.

Katherined0 - haven't seen you for so long, you will have to wear a pink carnation and carry a newspaper under your arm so we recognise you. Ha ha.

Sally
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:46 am
Just Joined

Jemjill is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Castle Hill RSL-Tuesdays 10.30am

Hi my name's Jill, I have 2 small children and have recently moved to Sydney. I'd love to meet up with some other Brits - do you meet every Tuesday at Castle Hill RSL? If so, how will I know who you are?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jill,
In school term, yes we generally meet every Tuesday at the RSL. Occasionally varying it if we get bored.
We sometimes go elsewhere in the school holidays as its usually to busy and with to many BIG kids. However today was lovely and quiet and still mainly toddlers and Preschoolers.

We usually try and get one of the big tables in the middle and usually you can just hear the accents. On one of the older threads there are some pictures of us. But if you are definately going to come, I am sure one of us can give you our mobile so you can find us. Or wear something identifying. We are planning on going next week, but watch the thread, just in case.

What are your children's ages? How long have you been here.?

Last edited by SoMa; Jan 8th 2008 at 4:42 am.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jemjill
Hi my name's Jill, I have 2 small children and have recently moved to Sydney. I'd love to meet up with some other Brits - do you meet every Tuesday at Castle Hill RSL? If so, how will I know who you are?
Hi jill. think there are some beautiful pictures of us all on page 1 of this thread... So hopefully you'll recognise us. And if you cant see us, you'll probably hear us!
Look forward to meeting you.... K
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Had a good time yesterday - thanks girls!!

Just wondered what you were thinking about next week - there is a FTC meet planned for either Little Manly or Flying Fox, but I will pass on both of those (not a fan of the beach, and SoMa, I think you said the FF isn't great for those with little kids), so if anyone wants do something else I will be keen.

I am happy with CHRSL again, but if we want to try something different, there is a playground/park in Hornsby that looks quite exciting (big, and lots of eqpt) - we could get a table under the trees and send someone to the Westfield Food Court (across the road) to get a big party bucket of KFC! Or picnic, or whatever.

Anyway - I will be happy with CHRSL, Hornsby, or any other suggestion (except the beach!)

- holmes
x

P.S. Jemjill - all welcome, PM one of us and we can give you directions, etc if you need them once we've decided where we're going!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:14 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Castle Hill RSL-Tuesdays 10.30am

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome. We'd love to meet up with you wherever you end up! I have 2 children, Abbie who was 3 on Sunday and Sam (boy) who is 9m, so also not too keen on the beach with a baby - he gets somewhat cranky! I look forward to meeting you all next Tuesday.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

bump
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

bump
I dont mind what we do -- very unhelpful I know! Will watch out for someone else to make a decision!
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

It seems that there are only 3 of us this week (me, Jemjill, katherineD0).
None of us have expressed a strong preference, so, in the interests of trying something new, are you both OK with Hornsby? Usual 10:30 meet?

Let me know what you think, and if it's a go I will start a new thread for us, with address/directions. It might also interest some other people who don't do CHRSL.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

It seems that there are only 3 of us this week (me, Jemjill, katherineD0).
None of us have expressed a strong preference, so, in the interests of trying something new, are you both OK with Hornsby? Usual 10:30 meet?

Let me know what you think, and if it's a go I will start a new thread for us, with address/directions. It might also interest some other people who don't do CHRSL.
Great!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 12:11 am
Just Joined

Sounds good to me - I look forward to receiving directions...
Old Jan 13th 2008, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Guys I am still deciding what to do.
As there is the other meet at the beach, and mine love the beach.
So was waiting to see what the weather was doing?

I will keep an eye on both threads and make a last minute decision.... sorry for my indecisiveness.

JO.

Ps, Jill are you the lady I met at Kindergym?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:55 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

I'm keeping an eye on this too as the park could be a good option for the rest of us (FTC) if the weather is not kind enough for lazing on the beach! Tried to google to find out what sorth of things there are to keep the kids amused but it wasn't very successful. Can someone give an idea of the age range that this park caters for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.