Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Canberra meet up

Canberra meet up

Old Jun 8th 2007, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

pomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant future
Default Re: Canberra meet up

Originally Posted by jon&kate
Hopefully we will be arriving in sep or oct and will be looking to make some new friends we have two boy's aged 3 and 6.

great more names on the christmas list!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all
Smile Re: Canberra meet up

sorry to butt onto your thread ( seems friendly), moving to Canberra hopefully in time for christmas, with oh and 2 kids who'll be 3 and 5 by that time(one of each). It would be great to make friends with those in a similar situation. Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by black cat
sorry to butt onto your thread ( seems friendly), moving to Canberra hopefully in time for christmas, with oh and 2 kids who'll be 3 and 5 by that time(one of each). It would be great to make friends with those in a similar situation. Thanks

No worries - just keep in touch via BE with any of us Canberrans
Old Jun 10th 2007, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

pomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant future

Why dont we have a meet up in July? thats a months notice there are saturday 7th,14th,21st,28th Im ok for any these.

maybe most popular date people can make we can chose?

Old Jun 10th 2007, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sasbear
No worries - just keep in touch via BE with any of us Canberrans
Many thanks, will do!
Old Jun 10th 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=pomref;4896008]Why dont we have a meet up in July? thats a months notice there are saturday 7th,14th,21st,28th Im ok for any these.

I think we are ok for most dates

PS didn't get your email re mobile number?

PPS I am totally F****ed today as Pete had me working in garden all weekend! Can we alter tonight's plans and have a chinese at home? Bring a bottle? Let me know.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Smike is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi smike - where u at?
I'm in Tuggeranong matey.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

3littlefigs will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pomref
Defentlity an adult first time.

see you monday glad you Enjoyed Sydney
Only prob with us for an adult one is that we have just arrived and have 3 kids. It might be a bit soon to start locking them in the cupboard.

Hubby could just come though.

All the dates in july are good for us.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 3littlefigs
Only prob with us for an adult one is that we have just arrived and have 3 kids. It might be a bit soon to start locking them in the cupboard.

Hubby could just come though.

All the dates in july are good for us.
Well why don't we just ahve a good old BBQ (bit nippy I know) and meet at someone's house - kids welcome - maybe just a Saturday afternoon meet?

Let me know what you all think?

Sarah
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Well why don't we just ahve a good old BBQ (bit nippy I know) and meet at someone's house - kids welcome - maybe just a Saturday afternoon meet?

Let me know what you all think?

Sarah
Saturday afternoons is no good for me im either working or got football.

I rather personally go to a pub get drunk and make lots of noise.......that way were forced to drink stair at each other and talk, BBQ's end up like small groups of people talking about how good the local schools are.

I will get a slap for writing this lol
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Saturday afternoons is no good for me im either working or got football.

I rather personally go to a pub get drunk and make lots of noise.......that way were forced to drink stair at each other and talk, BBQ's end up like small groups of people talking about how good the local schools are.

I will get a slap for writing this lol

lol consider yourself well and truly slapped

What about a compromise then - maybe a quick hour or two at the george harcourt - tables and warmer outside and if we go on a Saturday about 5ish not too late for the little ones?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

lol consider yourself well and truly slapped

What about a compromise then - maybe a quick hour or two at the george harcourt - tables and warmer outside and if we go on a Saturday about 5ish not too late for the little ones?
Earliest i can do on a sat in winter time is 7pm unless. If you go down the BBQ route then a sunday afternoon would be much better.

The football matches normal finish about 5pm and if i got a game on the southside i dont normally get in till 6pm. simular if im on a day shift at work

Best bet see what people want, and can do. Then work around it, the way things are going it proble be a Christmas do lol in December.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Earliest i can do on a sat in winter time is 7pm unless. If you go down the BBQ route then a sunday afternoon would be much better.

The football matches normal finish about 5pm and if i got a game on the southside i dont normally get in till 6pm. simular if im on a day shift at work

Best bet see what people want, and can do. Then work around it, the way things are going it proble be a Christmas do lol in December.
Lol - OK

Hey maybe wait till Jan when Turtletom back for a visit???
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Sungold is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I cant believe it. All these people coming to Canberra.

Greetings from Sungold - I think I was one of the first to post on here about Canberra and when I did I got very few replies - but that was two years ago. check out some of my old threads if you are interested.

Havent been on the forum for a while (understatement of the year) and its taken me a while to remember my password!

I arrived in March 2005 and have kept in touch with a couple of people who I met on this site. Got to say thanks to the person who invented it as it helps so many people although you read a lot of horror stories of things that went wrong!

I also live on thenorthside in Nicholls - not far from the George so I might see some of you there.

Got to say life in canberra is fine, a bit dry for the last two years but very sunny and after having driven in Sydney I think I made a good choice coming here! Been too busy with work to see much of Oz but that is happening slowly and I will be off with the family to warmer climes for teh school holidays doing a bit of reef and tropical jungle exploring.

Look foward to some more discussion about Oz lifestyles on this forum but got to go now.

Just for interest how many people have come to Canberra over the past two years and what are they all doing?

Steve
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:20 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

We are not there yet but, we got our visa on tuesday so am booking the flights we have reserved for the 19th july today!

Carmel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.