Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Me Again,
Still no news its driving me mad slowly.
O well off to work i suppose.
How is everyone?

Teryna
Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi teryna,

Just hang on in there

You will get your visa through very soon and then its off to bundy.....happy days

Mark and Gillian
Old Oct 12th 2007, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi teryna,

Just hang on in there

You will get your visa through very soon and then its off to bundy.....happy days

Mark and Gillian
Cheers Mark & Gill
This waiting is so stressful though is'nt it? Im trying to keep busy and try to forget about it but its not working.
Hows things with you? any news?
Im off today which is nice have house to myself to give good clean too and catch up on washing and ironing lovely cant wait haha!
Going shopping for outfit tonight with my daughter as i need something to wear to a friends pagen wedding the end of this month.
Cheers
eryna
Old Oct 12th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi Teryna

I know this is the most stressful thing we have evey done - it is driving us slowly mad, what is worse for us is the house sale (no viewers in 6 weeks) the property market has just died a death. We are really worried that we may be stuck in as situation that our visa is through but our house isnt sold!

Im being really lazy today am loaded with the cold and have been feeling rotten all week and what doesnt help is that I was out with the girls last night at a Take That concert! So my throat is 10 times worse than it was yesterday and my feet are filling me! lol

We are going to a Australian expo in Dublin next weekend so hope to get a bit more info various bits and pieces.

Oh well better go my 3 year old Matthew is jumping on the bed telling me to get up!

Gillian
Old Oct 12th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Teryna

I know this is the most stressful thing we have evey done - it is driving us slowly mad, what is worse for us is the house sale (no viewers in 6 weeks) the property market has just died a death. We are really worried that we may be stuck in as situation that our visa is through but our house isnt sold!

Im being really lazy today am loaded with the cold and have been feeling rotten all week and what doesnt help is that I was out with the girls last night at a Take That concert! So my throat is 10 times worse than it was yesterday and my feet are filling me! lol

We are going to a Australian expo in Dublin next weekend so hope to get a bit more info various bits and pieces.

Oh well better go my 3 year old Matthew is jumping on the bed telling me to get up!

Gillian
Sorry to here your not well.
I suspect i wont be well Sunday- for a different reason- im going on a hen night saturday! God help.
I was hoping our visa would have been granted and i could have doubly celebrated.
o well theres always next week i suppose.
o take that has just come on the radio how strange!
Teryna
Old Oct 12th 2007, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

NomandNat is just really niceNomandNat is just really niceNomandNat is just really niceNomandNat is just really niceNomandNat is just really niceNomandNat is just really niceNomandNat is just really niceNomandNat is just really nice
Smile Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Hello All who are living in/beside or thinking of moving to Bundy!!!

Good to see other people interested in Bundy as I think its a lovely place too!
Let me put you in the picture about myself and my lovely wife:
Scots/Belgian couple who have their PR Visa and are still living in Scotland at moment but have bought a wee hoose in Bundy East. Have family in Bundy, Innes Park, Elliot Heads and out beside Gin Gin.

Myself and my cousin are making a wee trip to Oz next week as my cousin has to get his PR Visa activated/validated. We are staying in Sydney for several days then up too Brissy for another 5-6 days then up to Bundy. I will be there for about 2 weeks but my cousin has only a couple of days due to work commitments back home.

Would like to meet up with any 'new' Aussies for a cup of tea and a chat. Anyone interested??????? We are fun and friendly.

Hope to hear from you all

Nom & Colin
Old Oct 12th 2007, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Welcome to the Bundy thread,
I think its a gorgeous place and cant wait for our visa to be granted so we can move out there. Elliot heads is a lovely beach for visit so tranquil and Gin Gin i found very oldie worldie almost american like?
Hoping for all of us to go for good in the new year.
We have purchased a plot of land in Avoca area of Bundy, wont start the build of our house till we get out there to avoid stamp duty.

My OH name is Colin, he went out 17 yrs ago on a 12month working visa with 2 mates-one whos uncle lived there. One married a Bundy girl and has been out there ever since, he owns his own crash repair business there.

We've visited 3 times and just love it.Im a nurse with a job offer to work in the Friendlies society hospital.
What do you two do? and when do you plan on moving out there ?

We live in south wales near the old severn bridge in rented house at present sold our house last December.

It will be great to have a little community of expats there to be able to meet and chat about our experiences.
Cheers
Teryna

Last edited by bundybell; Oct 12th 2007 at 12:37 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

sharron2074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the murrays
Hi everyone from bundaberg!
I have been looking at primary schools there, and was wondering is there any good ones you would recommend? I have a daughter who will be 11 when we get there, and a son who will be 9. Are they easy enough to get into.

much appreciated
siobhan
My youngest son goes to Woongarra state school (just outside of Bundy) and it seems like a good school to me. We just turned up to have a look and put his name down and were offered a place straight away but someone told me resently that they are now only taking 'catchment' area for the most popluar schools but I don't think you will have a problem, there are plenty of good schools here, another one I have heard is good is Kalkie state school.

Sharron
Old Oct 12th 2007, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sharron2074
My youngest son goes to Woongarra state school (just outside of Bundy) and it seems like a good school to me. We just turned up to have a look and put his name down and were offered a place straight away but someone told me resently that they are now only taking 'catchment' area for the most popluar schools but I don't think you will have a problem, there are plenty of good schools here, another one I have heard is good is Kalkie state school.

Sharron
Sharron,
nomandnat pm'd me today they may contact you they are visiting in a week and wanted to meet with someone out there. i told them to contact you or Kevnew1.
hope you dont mind.
Youre up late what time is it there now
Teryna
Old Oct 12th 2007, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NomandNat
Hello All who are living in/beside or thinking of moving to Bundy!!!

Good to see other people interested in Bundy as I think its a lovely place too!
Let me put you in the picture about myself and my lovely wife:
Scots/Belgian couple who have their PR Visa and are still living in Scotland at moment but have bought a wee hoose in Bundy East. Have family in Bundy, Innes Park, Elliot Heads and out beside Gin Gin.

Myself and my cousin are making a wee trip to Oz next week as my cousin has to get his PR Visa activated/validated. We are staying in Sydney for several days then up too Brissy for another 5-6 days then up to Bundy. I will be there for about 2 weeks but my cousin has only a couple of days due to work commitments back home.

Would like to meet up with any 'new' Aussies for a cup of tea and a chat. Anyone interested??????? We are fun and friendly.

Hope to hear from you all

Nom & Colin
Hi Nom & Colin, WELCOME
Great news about your PR Visa, when will you be coming to live here?
My hubby & I would love to meet you for a drink or coffee when you come over in a couple of weeks, you can PM me and we can make arrangements.

We are building a house at Innes park, where in East Bundy is your house?

Sharron
Old Oct 12th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bundybell
Sharron,
nomandnat pm'd me today they may contact you they are visiting in a week and wanted to meet with someone out there. i told them to contact you or Kevnew1.
hope you dont mind.
Youre up late what time is it there now
Teryna
No that is fine, I did just reply to there message.

My goodness, it is getting late here (just gone midnight ), I'm always up late.

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling fed up with the wait etc now, hang in there, just keep focused on the goal. I know I went through a very stressful time too when we were waiting but it is so worth it once you get here, you will forget all the worry and stress you went through ((HUGS))

Sharron
Old Oct 12th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Teryna

Gillian
Hi Gillian, sorry you are not feeling well. I really hope that you get some viewers on your house soon, I can understand your stress. Hang in there, everything will work out great in the end
The expo should be good.
Have a great day!
Sharron
Old Oct 12th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Sharron
thanks sharon Ill check it out, thanks for getting back to me
talk to you soon what age is your son, my son is turning 9 next week
siobhan
Old Oct 12th 2007, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

No that is fine, I did just reply to there message.

My goodness, it is getting late here (just gone midnight ), I'm always up late.

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling fed up with the wait etc now, hang in there, just keep focused on the goal. I know I went through a very stressful time too when we were waiting but it is so worth it once you get here, you will forget all the worry and stress you went through ((HUGS))

Sharron
Hanging in there by my finger tips i think!
Stressed yes very much, so much left to do but cant get on with it till the visa is granted.
Ive emailed my agent today to see if she thinks it will be OK to send the bit of stuff we are taking now.
As it will be a shared container it will take 12-14wks. we want to minimise the time we have to wait for it once we get to Bundy.
Teryna
Old Oct 14th 2007, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the murrays
thanks sharon Ill check it out, thanks for getting back to me
talk to you soon what age is your son, my son is turning 9 next week
siobhan
Curtis is 5 and in prep, I also have Lloyd who is 14 and in year 9.
Melody is going to be 2 years old on the 24th, can't beleive we have been here nearly a year already (she had just turned one when we arrived).

Sharron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.