Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Cheers Sharron,
Just got in from work im knackered, god i hope nursing isnt as busy in Oz.:curse:

Loads to do on the weekend got to get everything sorted, going to try and find time to visit my mum too.

Im hoping my visa will be granted next Friday 28th if it is it will be exactly 6months to the date since DIAC received our application.
All that has to happen now is my agent send our bond money to QLD goverment then QLD goverment must let DIAC know the investament has happened.
Then i hope they will grant our visa cant wait.
o well of to have a wash and bed my feet are killing me:curse:

Cheers
Teryna
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

kevnew1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Sorry I haven't been checking in more often. I've been 'on-call' so have spent most of the week driving between Bargara and Bundaberg. It was my first one so at first I was really stressed but now that I've nearly finished I've chilled out.
Teryna, I thought I was going to work in a sleepy hospital were I could x-ray everyone before lunch then sit in the sun.... How wrong could I have been. We x-ray out patients as well which is normal and everyone has an appointment time. However, there are too many people for the hours in the day so we are double or treble booked meaning there is no time for tea breaks or chats. It isn't always like that but 90% of the time, it is! There are alot of rubbish xray requests as well but because it is a business no-one is refused where 'in the UK' (ha, ha) a request has to be justified. I am however, starting to like going to work now so that's a positive step forward in our adventure.
Sharron, looking forward to seeing you and the family on Sunday and to everyone else, hurry up and join us in the sun.
Our x-rays cost £50 each. It's funny because I now do the immigration x-rays at work.
The medicals were about £120 each and £20 for the blood test.
When Kev & I were waiting (im)patiently for our visa I used http://austimeline.com/aus/opener.jsp I found someone with a similar application to ours to track how far along we were.
Take care all, see you soon in Bundy.
Juliette
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Hi juliette,
I was hoping it was going to be a lot quieter hospital than where i am now sounds like i could be wrong.
Mind you doesnt stop me from wanting to be out there.

Weve been to see my mum and dad today and it seems like theyve finally accepted us going. Im a lot happier now its taken the strain out of talking about it, i always felt like they was avoiding the subject but they were both asking loads of questions. So all in all its been a good day.

O well i best go to bed i have a study day tomorrow so best not be tired for that.
I hope everyone has a nice day, and keep your fingers crossed i get my visa soon.

Cheers
Teryna
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi All,

Just got back from my study day but all i could think of was that my agent had asked me to post off one more signed form this morning.
Managed to get out early and post it phew.
She tells me we are looking at mid Oct for our visa grant thats good but god i hope its sooner.

Hope everybody are well?
God its cold today for all us in the Uk bet its hotting up for all you in Bundy, lucky things.

O well best go tea to cook and all that boring house wifey stuff to do

cheers

Teryna
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi Teryna

Not much happening here, still no movement on the house sale or Visa front,
I read on one of the other posts that they are receipting visa applications received around 23rd July so hopefully we will get a file number soon, ours was lodged on 17th August.
There isnt any waiting list for x rays at the clinic I called in Belfast, and one of our local doctors do the medicals and apparently they dont have much of a waiting list either, so we are going to wait until we get our reference number to get them organised. We are going to get the police checks sent off this week aswell.
We just really want to get some movement on the house, we would feel alot happier if we had a bit more interest, lets hope interest rates fall again and people start buying again
Oh well not much we can do about any of it

Gill
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Teryna

Not much happening here, still no movement on the house sale or Visa front,
I read on one of the other posts that they are receipting visa applications received around 23rd July so hopefully we will get a file number soon, ours was lodged on 17th August.
There isnt any waiting list for x rays at the clinic I called in Belfast, and one of our local doctors do the medicals and apparently they dont have much of a waiting list either, so we are going to wait until we get our reference number to get them organised. We are going to get the police checks sent off this week aswell.
We just really want to get some movement on the house, we would feel alot happier if we had a bit more interest, lets hope interest rates fall again and people start buying again
Oh well not much we can do about any of it

Gill
Gill
Hang on in there we did things one thing at a time.
I understand how frustrating it is for you, we was the same. Once you make the decision you just want to go dont you?
We sold the house in December, put in our application march, medicals & pcc May.
Then the wait. Its seems you are always waiting for someting with this emmigrating.
Im waiting for my visa grant my agent reckons within the next 2weeks.
Dont worry i will let you know.

Dont worry we will stay in touch and support you all the way till you join us in Bundy.

chin up
Teryna
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Teryna thats great news from your agent about your visa, bet you are really excited about it

Looks like you will definately be there for a barbie on the beach on Christmas Day

Gill
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teryna thats great news from your agent about your visa, bet you are really excited about it

Looks like you will definately be there for a barbie on the beach on Christmas Day

Gill
Yep if all goes well we will be flying 4th Dec and xmas on the beach sounds good to me.
Although its more likely to be at our friends.
next year it will be with you a?

Only thing is our daughter has gone into denial she just wont talk about it. We told her what our agent has said and that we will be going after her Bros bday-30th Nov. Weve hardly seen her since, shes spending every waking moment with her boyfriend its a bit worrying but she will have to accept it soon.
always something to stress you too with this emmigration.
Teryna
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bundybell
Yep if all goes well we will be flying 4th Dec and xmas on the beach sounds good to me.
Although its more likely to be at our friends.
next year it will be with you a?

Only thing is our daughter has gone into denial she just wont talk about it. We told her what our agent has said and that we will be going after her Bros bday-30th Nov. Weve hardly seen her since, shes spending every waking moment with her boyfriend its a bit worrying but she will have to accept it soon.
always something to stress you too with this emmigration.
Teryna

Hi Teryna, sent you a good luck e mail, hope you got it A bit of luck wouldnt go a miss right now! Hope you daughter comes round, im sure she will be fine. I think when we are at the stage you are at I will be really nervous, sometimes it really scares me when I realise what we are doing, but then when I realise where we will being going I get really exhited, its a real rollercoaster!
Well must go im in work and should be doing my work!

Gill
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Teryna, sent you a good luck e mail, hope you got it A bit of luck wouldnt go a miss right now! Hope you daughter comes round, im sure she will be fine. I think when we are at the stage you are at I will be really nervous, sometimes it really scares me when I realise what we are doing, but then when I realise where we will being going I get really exhited, its a real rollercoaster!
Well must go im in work and should be doing my work!

Gill
Gill, received the email thankyou very much. Good luck wishes are always welcome.
ive been organising my banner for work ready when i get my visa. cant be bothered to do any work today i wasnt that busy at work either today for a change
weve got someone coming round to look at my sons portable TV at 6pm one of the many things we still have left to sell !!
one less thing to sell i hope.
Teryna
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Juliette,
Hows things at work, have you settled a little more?

Ive had the strangest thing happen to me today at work and thought id share it with you.
Ive been working with a newly qualified staff nurse who trained in another trust She has come to work for us now and if she said once 'in glamorgan we did it this way she said it one hundred times' well by the end of my shift i was fed up of hearing her say it.
I thought god i really must remember not to say the same thing when i get to Bundy it was a bit annoying.

Thought id share it with you, i was seeing it from the other side. You see i trained in gwent trust so im sure i must have been saying the same when i first started for Cardiff trust. How weired i wouldnt have even thought about it if you hadnt mentioned it the other day.

Hope your all Ok
Its freezing here today, Colin has got a horrible cold already and feels lowsey.
Poor man but never mind within two weeks he should be able to give his notice in.
I cant wait, so much so ive spent all pm finding ozzie pictures ready for me to put on my sign telling the girls my visa has been granted.
Ive even typed out my notice ready and saved it on file. how bad is that?

O well best go someone coming to look at portable telly we are selling soon and ive tea to cook.

take care
Teryna
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Hi teryna
cant believe youre going on the 4th of Dec, Mark and I wish we were in your shoes now, mark just wishes he could be there now. Got case officer at begining of week, so a bit more excited!
What age is your daughter again, as I am going through the same thing with my daughter, she is going with a boy also, and says she wants to study at uni here in Belfast, I dont know if she is just trying to wind me up or not, but it is probably hard for them also. You should get your daughter to email my daughter once she gets over there, and fill her in on things.
I'll talk to you soon before you go!
siobhan
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Siobhan
My daughter is 21 my son is 18.
It looks like we will be going on the 2nd of Jan now.
my daughter Lucy has asked can we stay for christmas,
shes also told me she wants to go back to school and study then go to uni. she loves making jewllery and wants to get into something like that.
She' picks a fine time to tell me now doest she??:curse:
Kids i dont know they cause some stress dont they?
Teryna
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bundybell
Hi Siobhan
My daughter is 21 my son is 18.
It looks like we will be going on the 2nd of Jan now.
my daughter Lucy has asked can we stay for christmas,
shes also told me she wants to go back to school and study then go to uni. she loves making jewllery and wants to get into something like that.
She' picks a fine time to tell me now doest she??:curse:
Kids i dont know they cause some stress dont they?
Teryna
hi teryna
so youre going on the 2 of jan, what about your job will they keep it for you? Well even though youre going in Jan. it will be a whole new start to the year, you might as well enjoy your last cold xmas. Have you booked the flights yet?
My daughter Jenny doesnt know what she wants, one minute shes not going, then today she had an interview with her principle, about applying for uni, and she then says should she mention to the Principle that she may also apply to uni in oz, so she can write a ref for her to apply in oz also.
I think you and I are in the same boat, my other 2 younger children just cant wait to get there.
Talk to you soon
siobhan
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:30 am
S,Yorkshire.....Sydney

joanne22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
my family and I are currently living in Sydney..... hubby just got offered a job in Bundaberg, Just wanted some info about the place, schools etc.

Cheers Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.