Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

sharron2074 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Hi, we have been here in Bundaberg QLD since early nov 06.
My name is Sharron, I am 38, married to Ken 43 and we have 3 kids, 13, 4 and 14 months.
Would be interested to hear from anyone in the bundy area, maybe meeting up for a coffee & chat.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Hi sharon,
myself 45 nurse hubby coiln 43 and 2 kids lucy 21 and richard 18 are in the process of emmigrating to bundaberg. we ahve done everything just waiting for a case officer. hoping to be there by christmas!!
Weve purchased a plot of land in avoca while on holiday in feb.
we stayed in bargara, we have friends in avoca bundaberg.
I have a job offer in the friendlies
love to meet up when we get there
Hows things with you?
Teryna
Old Sep 5th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Nicee to hear that someone else is heading to Bundy, Myself and my husband are heading that way too, hoping to be there towards the end of the year/start of next year, we were there in May this year and fell in love with the plcae, hubby is hoping to get a job with the company he works with here in the UK, they have a plant in Bundy! We have a little boy of 3, It would be nice to be in touch with some other people from the UK that are in the area.

Gill
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by markandgill
Nicee to hear that someone else is heading to Bundy, Myself and my husband are heading that way too, hoping to be there towards the end of the year/start of next year, we were there in May this year and fell in love with the plcae, hubby is hoping to get a job with the company he works with here in the UK, they have a plant in Bundy! We have a little boy of 3, It would be nice to be in touch with some other people from the UK that are in the area.

Gill
Yes it is nice to hear of other people who will be heading to bundy.
We will gladly meet up with you. we too are hoping to be there before the end of year or beginning of next. we will have our on little expat meets. while we was out there in feb we met a couple from Uk they are lovely so that would be 4 couples from uk which is quite strange as bundaberg is a little out the way. most immigrants head for brissie or one of the other cities.
Have you lodged your application yet we are just waiting a C/O nothing again today oh well but at least i ve made contacts through BE at least.
I worked a night shift last night ive just been woken by my neighbours little boy. ive come down made a cup of tea and was checking emails.i best go and see if i can get some more sleep.
stay in touch, you can always PM me
Teryna
Old Sep 5th 2007, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi Teryna

Its nice to know we are not on our own heading in that direction, it is a bit of a random place to go, We ourselves were planning on going to Brisbane until we visited it in May, we really didnt like it - the people were all so unfriendly and we thought it was really dirty, we were only really going to Bundaberg to head to Lady Elliott and check out the Bundy Rum Factory! My husband works for Diageo who owns it. Well we really liked the area, everyone we met and spoke to were so friendly and we thought it was a lovely town in a great area and there happens to be a position available in the Bundy Rum Factory, but they cant do anything until we have the visa!

Our visa application was lodged by our Lawer in Oz on 17th August, he says he hopes all being well it will be completed before the end of the year. It is so stressful we just really want to head off asap, we are thinking of buying some land too and building but not sure where, so we are planning on renting for a while when we get there and looking for some land then.

Keep in touch

Gill
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Mark and Gill
i sent you an email last night hope you got it.
Where are you up to on your emmigration process?
have you had your medicals done etc?
Teryna
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sharron2074
Hi, we have been here in Bundaberg QLD since early nov 06.
My name is Sharron, I am 38, married to Ken 43 and we have 3 kids, 13, 4 and 14 months.
Would be interested to hear from anyone in the bundy area, maybe meeting up for a coffee & chat.
Morning Sharon,
Whats the weather like with you?
Nippy and dull here?
We've still no news and the waiting is killing
Teryna
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morning Gill,
Any news on the visa front.
Weve still not heard anything, its so frustrating just waiting.
Its driving me slightly mad slowly.:curse:
Teryna
Old Sep 10th 2007, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Teryna

No we have no news on the visa front, we are debating whether to go ahead and get our police checks sent away, we are not to sure about what to do about our medicals whether we will get the ball rolling with them or not, so that when the time comes we are slightly ahead.

We have been taking a look at the real estate website looking at houses and land in Bundy, we havent decided if we are going to buy a plot of land and build or buy a newly built house. We do know that we will rent for a while when we get there and take a good look around, but we really enjoy looking at all the houses

Have you been chatting with any other people that may be heading to Bundy?

Speak to you soon

Gillian
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Teryna

No we have no news on the visa front, we are debating whether to go ahead and get our police checks sent away, we are not to sure about what to do about our medicals whether we will get the ball rolling with them or not, so that when the time comes we are slightly ahead.

We have been taking a look at the real estate website looking at houses and land in Bundy, we havent decided if we are going to buy a plot of land and build or buy a newly built house. We do know that we will rent for a while when we get there and take a good look around, but we really enjoy looking at all the houses

Have you been chatting with any other people that may be heading to Bundy?

Speak to you soon

Gillian
Hi Gill,
Sharon has emailed me shes already there and loving it and there someone on the april thread called the murrays from ireland debating on heading there. Thats good i think.
Weve purchased a piece of land and have chosen a house to have built on it. we fell in love with a show house. would you like me to email some pictures of it.
Teryna
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Teryna,

Yes please.......that would be great........we are probably going to buy land and build a house as well.......its just finding the right plot if land!!

There's so many all varying in size and price.......we have seen a couple of nice houses on av jennings website but would need to see the ACTUAL house.

Mark & Gillian
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Teryna,

Yes please.......that would be great........we are probably going to buy land and build a house as well.......its just finding the right plot if land!!

There's so many all varying in size and price.......we have seen a couple of nice houses on av jennings website but would need to see the ACTUAL house.

Mark & Gillian
ok will send some pictures to you. hope you will like them
Teryna
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

kevnew1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sharron, Bundybell & Gill
Hope you don’t mind me and the wife joining in on your conversation. We have been here in Bundy for about six weeks and are just about to move into a rental in Bargara. My wife is a Radiographer at the Friendlies hospital and I am just about to stop being paid by the RAF so have started looking for work. We only have a dog and all our worldly goods are somewhere in the customs hut at Brisbane port.
Please count us in for a coffee and a chat, it would be great to swap stories and find out how you are coping with such a big move.
We are also looking to buy land and build a house, we have decided on land from phase two of the Golf Links development in Bargara.
Bundybell, if you would like any info about the friendlies please get in touch. Juliette has not been there long but will help if she can.
Hope to hear from you all soon.
Kev and Juliette.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

hi everyone, Mark and gill,
cant believe some one from n. ireland moving to bundy, we hope to go in june next year, all being well, Theres something about it isnt there, I also like bagarra too, so husband mark is on looking for land around there also. Are you hoping to work for the rum company?
Talk to you soon
The Murrays
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kevnew1
Hi Sharron, Bundybell & Gill
Hope you don’t mind me and the wife joining in on your conversation. We have been here in Bundy for about six weeks and are just about to move into a rental in Bargara. My wife is a Radiographer at the Friendlies hospital and I am just about to stop being paid by the RAF so have started looking for work. We only have a dog and all our worldly goods are somewhere in the customs hut at Brisbane port.
Please count us in for a coffee and a chat, it would be great to swap stories and find out how you are coping with such a big move.
We are also looking to buy land and build a house, we have decided on land from phase two of the Golf Links development in Bargara.
Bundybell, if you would like any info about the friendlies please get in touch. Juliette has not been there long but will help if she can.
Hope to hear from you all soon.
Kev and Juliette.
hi kev and Juliette
how are you liking bundy,
Have you found out any top schools in bundy, primary/secondary? I have been on looking, but would like to know which ones would be the best?
Talk to you soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.