Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers > Australia Jobs
Reload this Page >

Any advice will be good

Any advice will be good

Old Jan 20th 2014, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Sar68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any advice will be good

I'm a social worker here in the UK, I've been qualified for over 2 years but have lots of experience in others areas of work too. Me and my soon to be husband are seriously wanting to move to Australia but concerned about employment and the process works. He's a steel worker. Do we go for sponsorship? Or for working visas? I'm unsure and concerned if we don't get jobs and an income.
Please help.
Any advice would be grateful.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 2:26 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any advice will be good

Originally Posted by Sar68
I'm a social worker here in the UK, I've been qualified for over 2 years but have lots of experience in others areas of work too. Me and my soon to be husband are seriously wanting to move to Australia but concerned about employment and the process works. He's a steel worker. Do we go for sponsorship? Or for working visas? I'm unsure and concerned if we don't get jobs and an income.
Please help.
Hi there and welcome,

You would be better off asking these sort of questions in our main Australia forum - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

There is also a rough guide to general skilled migration in the BE wiki - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/A_Roug...lled_Migration

There is no such thing as a working visa though - there is a working holiday visa which is valid for 1 year (with the option of applying for a second visa if certain criteria are met) and can be applied for if you are over 18 / under 31.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 7:03 am
Just Joined

]I'm a social worker here in the UK, I've been qualified for over 2 years but have lots of experience in others areas of work too. Me and my soon to be husband are seriously wanting to move to Australia but concerned about employment and the process works. He's a steel worker. Do we go for sponsorship? Or for working visas? I'm unsure and concerned if we don't get jobs and an income.
Please help.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 10:01 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

]I'm a social worker here in the UK, I've been qualified for over 2 years but have lots of experience in others areas of work too. Me and my soon to be husband are seriously wanting to move to Australia but concerned about employment and the process works. He's a steel worker. Do we go for sponsorship? Or for working visas? I'm unsure and concerned if we don't get jobs and an income.
Please help.
Again, there is no such thing as a working visa in Australia - are you thinking of another country?

For a skilled PR visa, you need an occupation on the CSOL, the ability to pass the skills assessment in that occupation, proof on English ability, and to pass the points test.

If you want to work temporarily, there is a 457 visa, but you need to find an employer to sponsor you on that visa and if you lose your job, you have 90 days to find another employer or leave the country

Please have a look at the links provided. You may also want to try Skill Select on the immi website (www.immi.gov.au)
Old Jan 21st 2014, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks for reply - just new to this and meant to thread on the other site as advised. Social work is on the skills select list. Thanks again.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 10:19 am

Thanks for reply - just new to this and meant to thread on the other site as advised. Social work is on the skills select list. Thanks again.
I know - I have a sister who works with vulnerable adults (but she didn't migrate in the end). Skills assessments are listed as being AASW - http://www.aasw.asn.au/
Old Jan 21st 2014, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Oh that's great thank you again
Old Mar 4th 2014, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

AlfredSmith2337 is an unknown quantity at this point

Best thing to do if you plan to move in Australia is to settle first the papers. There is no working Visa in Australia. In terms of job there are lot of jobs in Australia that will suite your experience.

Thanks and Good Luck.