Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Automotive Engineer with a dream, please help!

Automotive Engineer with a dream, please help!

Old Oct 14th 2010, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

riko_bananas is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Automotive Engineer with a dream, please help!

Hello everyone, I'm a 26yr old degree qualified automotive engineer with 4 years of experience in the industry. i want to move to melboune to follow my passions for kitesurfing, snowboarding and vehicle engineering

I've decided to apply for a working holiday visa and wondered if anyone had any advice for me on the following ideas;

I'm planning to go to melboune as this is the centre for automotive engineering in australia, do you think It will be possible to get an engineering job with the possibility to be sponsered? Is this a typical route? And will the fact I haven't worked in the automotive industry in the last 2 years mean that my prospective employeers sponsership application would be turned down?

Also, I have been thinking of extending my working hol visa to two years by working in a rural area for 3 months, do you think this is a good idea to give me a year and 9 months to find engineering sponsership? or is the industry so much indemand for engineers that i'm likely to find a job on arrival?

Is there is any organisation or body who gives advice on these kind of topics that i could call?

THank you very much
Rich