Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Youngys house build/trinity beach cairns

Youngys house build/trinity beach cairns

Old May 2nd 2008, 9:31 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Youngys house build/trinity beach cairns

you might need to do the underground aswell. darren has got me 50 metres of orange circular that was left from the tower.. just drop it straight in the trench.
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

rcwhymark is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys, good luck with the build, and yes, things like developers changing prices, land not being released on time and a whole host of other complications can make building new a bit of a challenge sometimes. However, it is generally worth it to get the home you want, exactly where you want it. My background is building surveying (in the UK), but I now work for Lamont Constructions at Redlynch Valley Estate. If anyone has any questions about the build process, land availability, good suburbs (bad suburbs) or prices, problems with building in Cairns etc, feel free to contact me. I now sell houses for this builder(but also spent a year as a relocations consultant) - to be helpful to this forum, I will of course try to remain objective and impartial. I know how hard it is to move to the other side of the world and learn everything from scratch. I have been there too! Rach
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:11 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rcwhymark
Hey Guys, good luck with the build, and yes, things like developers changing prices, land not being released on time and a whole host of other complications can make building new a bit of a challenge sometimes. However, it is generally worth it to get the home you want, exactly where you want it. My background is building surveying (in the UK), but I now work for Lamont Constructions at Redlynch Valley Estate. If anyone has any questions about the build process, land availability, good suburbs (bad suburbs) or prices, problems with building in Cairns etc, feel free to contact me. I now sell houses for this builder(but also spent a year as a relocations consultant) - to be helpful to this forum, I will of course try to remain objective and impartial. I know how hard it is to move to the other side of the world and learn everything from scratch. I have been there too! Rach
how much a square metre for a lamont home at the moment. i know it depends on the spec. so for example the display home at redlynch.
Old May 3rd 2008, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

rcwhymark is an unknown quantity at this point

$1,252 per m2 for the Redlynch display (including the extra's), $1,118 per m2 with the standard spec. Regards, Rach
Old May 3rd 2008, 7:14 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by youngy73
you might need to do the underground aswell. darren has got me 50 metres of orange circular that was left from the tower.. just drop it straight in the trench.
No worries mate! Orange circular straight in. You sure mate?? Take it it 3 phase so would make it easyer. Just got the impreza, well i will have on wednesday! Re living the youth, cant beat it!!!
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:44 pm
youngy73

Originally Posted by rcwhymark
$1,252 per m2 for the Redlynch display (including the extra's), $1,118 per m2 with the standard spec. Regards, Rach
thats makes me feel better. the costs of our build are starting to mount up. we are at around $950 a square of slab. but thats including the earthworks and retaining wall which would all be extras if we had a project builder doing it for us. we still expect our budget to blow out. it would be unrealistic to think otherwise. at the moment we have all the bells and whisltes. time will tell whether they stay or not.busy times ahead.
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:47 pm
youngy73

Originally Posted by stu:0
No worries mate! Orange circular straight in. You sure mate?? Take it it 3 phase so would make it easyer. Just got the impreza, well i will have on wednesday! Re living the youth, cant beat it!!!
nice one. does that mean we need to drive to ingham on wednesday after work.
Old May 3rd 2008, 9:45 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

nice one. does that mean we need to drive to ingham on wednesday after work.
No ur ok mate. Managed to get katy to take me, she ows me a favour or two at the moment if you know what i mean! Picking it up at Cardwell.
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:46 pm
youngy73

No ur ok mate. Managed to get katy to take me, she ows me a favour or two at the moment if you know what i mean! Picking it up at Cardwell.
i bet i know who wins the race back.
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:53 pm
Sparky Stu

Anyway back to the thread! When do you go on hol and when do the blocks go up? Is the pillar box in yet for the power?
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:04 pm
youngy73

Anyway back to the thread! When do you go on hol and when do the blocks go up? Is the pillar box in yet for the power?
going in 2 weeks. i hit kev up today and he reckons 3 to 4 weeks for the blockwork.no pillar box yet. its going to be one of those take a punt jobs. also need you to put the pool power and a few other pipes in whilst the plumber has his trenches open. dave said he would let someone sort it in work time.
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:07 pm
Sparky Stu

going in 2 weeks. i hit kev up today and he reckons 3 to 4 weeks for the blockwork.no pillar box yet. its going to be one of those take a punt jobs. also need you to put the pool power and a few other pipes in whilst the plumber has his trenches open. dave said he would let someone sort it in work time.
No problem, you just get some plans done as to where you want stuff and leave it with me.
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

QLD Revenue?

WW
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:19 pm
youngy73

No problem, you just get some plans done as to where you want stuff and leave it with me.
got it all sorted mate. theres always the 9 inch if something gets missed. nothing a sheet of gyprock wont hide.
Old May 8th 2008, 12:14 am
youngy73

the plumber has been today and put in the sewarage pipes and a couple of water pipes. some of the form work is done but the concreter wont be back until monday. we cannot get concrete until a week monday due to the concrete ( or rather the cement powder) shortage currently in cairns. by this time me and steph will be on a 747 back to blighty for one month. we could have delayed it until we came back but it makes financial sense to just get on with it while we are away. the block layer is booked in and all the other trades lined up to do the bond beam ( basically put everything down the walls before they fill them with concrete to make them larry proof). my mate Stu:0 has the unenviable task of looking after all things electrical.:
here are a couple of photos of whats been happening. money is starting to heamorage from the bank account now. the council charge $776 just to put the water meter on and everything else seems to cost between $20000 and $30000.
Attached Thumbnails Youngys house build/trinity beach cairns-img_0814.jpg   Youngys house build/trinity beach cairns-img_0815.jpg   Youngys house build/trinity beach cairns-img_0825.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.