Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You will never guess who I was sitting next to today?

You will never guess who I was sitting next to today?

Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: You will never guess who I was sitting next to today?

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
I saw Elvis in the curry house in Somerville tonight. (70s version - white suit and big hair.)

Thank you very much.
Uh huh!
A
I was waiting for someone to do this!
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:58 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TopCat3
Yes I know Bradenham, that dangerous bit of road with that bridge where you can't see what's coming, lost some schoolfriends in a horrific accident there around 1968.

Never mind your thread, Steve Zodiac, this forum is for British Ex-pats to share with one another whatever it pleases them to do so .

Now, back to topic...
Yup, thats the one. I lost a friend and some others had a head on there. Still the same. The day before my sisters wedding last year I was just commenting that this was a bad bend when the car behind us was rearended by someone approaching the bridge!

PS I apologise for Mr Zodiac, he's having a dig at me! Take no notice of his petty whingeing
Old Aug 21st 2005, 2:12 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I was working as a shopfitter in the Edgware road in London about 20 years ago, turning a Dayvilles Ice cream parlour into a pizza restaurant, we were in the middle of gutting the place and in walks Roger Daltrey with his two girls. He asked where he could get an ice cream for them, so yours truly tells him 'sorry mate we're closed, there's another shop up the road' He gave me a look like, 'don't you know who I am?' Oddly the same week we saw Paul Weller and the Style Council in the deli next door and Kenny Everett used to walk past on a regular basis to much piss taking.

Once had a drink with Bob Todd from the Benny Hill show in Horsham, mad as a box of frogs.

Charlie Watts from the Rolling Stones used to live in our road in Lewes he used to come in my mums shop and buy candles on a regular basis...

First person I saw walking into Toronto airport a couple of years back....Ronan Keating

My ex wifes uncle is Valerie Singletons brother, she used to turn up at family xmas parties

I drove a bus in Brighton for a few years, used to regularly carry Michael Jayston and Pauline Quirke. And Inspector Brownlow from the Bill, whatever his name is. And Cynthia Payne (Madam Sin) chatted me up once in Hove

Saw Derek Jacobi at Gatwick airport on the way over here this week

Last edited by gruffbrown; Aug 21st 2005 at 3:11 pm. Reason: bad memory
Old Aug 21st 2005, 2:34 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I was working as a shopfitter in the Edgware road in London about 20 years ago,
I read this as 'shoplifter' and thought, well, that's honest of you to admit.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

I was working as a shopfitter in the Edgware road in London about 20 years ago, turning a Dayvilles Ice cream parlour into a pizza restaurant, we were in the middle of gutting the place and in walks Roger Daltrey with his two girls. He asked where he could an ice cream for them, so yours truly tells him 'sorry mate we're closed, there's another shop up the road' He gave me a look like, 'don't you know who I am?' Oddly the same week we saw Paul Weller and the Style Council in the deli next door and Kenny Everett used to walk past on a regular basis to much piss taking.

Once had a drink with Bob Todd from the Benny Hill show in Horsham, mad as a box of frogs.

Charlie Watts from the Rolling Stones used to live in our road in Lewes he used to come in my mums shop and buy candles on a regular basis...

First person I saw walking into Toronto airport a couple of years back....Ronan Keating

My ex wifes uncle is Valerie Singletons brother, she used to turn up at family xmas parties

I drove a bus in Brighton for a few years, used to regularly carry Michael Jayston and Pauline Quirke. And Inspector Brownlow from the Bill, whatever his name is. And Cynthia Payne (Madam Sin) chatted me up once in Hove

Saw Derek Jacobi at Gatwick airport on the way over here this week
Blimey, you namedropper...I reckon you've won the Thread Prize for most celeb shoulder-rubs
Old Aug 21st 2005, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

I saw the British actor Jeffrey Palmer in a pub near Bledlow Ridge area in Buckinghamshire, around the time he was in "Butterflies" with Wendy Craig, which was a programme I really liked so I was dead chuffed.

I saw Rod Stewart at the reception desk at the Asia Hotel in Bangkok when I was staying there in 1985, he had whichever tall blonde lady he was with at the time, with him, can't remember her name, Kelly something I think.

I saw the lady that plays Von in All Saints in Myer Burwood one Christmas time, I was a Christmas casual. We were supposed to smile and greet everyone that came within 3 metres of us. I knew that I "knew" her but was racking my brains to think where from. I decided I must have served her before or she was a neighbour or something so I went up with a big warm smile and said "Hello, how are you?" like I really meant it, and she smiled back and said "fine" and I could see by her eyes she was racking her brains to remember who I was...
I almost forgot ... I think I saw Princess Diana in 1985 when I was in Gloucestershire, I was waiting at a small roundabout giving way to the right and I'm 99% sure it was her gliding by driving a blue car.

I am now replying to my own posts ....
Old Aug 21st 2005, 2:46 pm
kneading my cushion

More not me, but my family.
My sister chatted to John Peel at a gig at the Borderline a few years back.

My godmother slammed the door in the Queen's face (long story, can't reveal here or I'll be shot!!).

Oo oo, I did sit behind Princess Anne in a Church about 25 years ago.

Told a joke to Arthur Smith, the comedian/writer and HE LAUGHED. Made my night!
Old Aug 21st 2005, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Pinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: You will never guess who I was sitting next to today?

Ok not sure anybody will know these people, but here goes......Met Richard Marx at Sydney airport when I was 18 and had my picture taken with him, and his wife was Cynthia Rhodes from Dirty Dancing, I love that Film!!!

My Uncle Brian used to be a Physio for South-end United and knew Harry Redknap really well, he has been to a few parties at my house, when I was younger, Jamie Redknapp asked me out on a date when he was a spotty teenager, does that count!!

My husband, has been in a film with Patsy Kensit and has had his hair cut next to her, when he was a kid, apparently she kept winking at him!!!!

I have met David Borenaz, for anybody who doesn't know who that is he plays the Vampire, 'Angel'. Even better looking in person and very sweet and polite, also met the one that plays Zander from Buffy and his twin Brother, at The Grand in Brighton where I also spent the evening with several British and South African Cricket players some of them found it most amusing as I didn't know who half of them where, I was informed by my Dad that some of them where really quite Famous....who knew!!!

Hubbie and I have also seen Ian Botham he was doing a walk near where we lived.

We have also met Barry Maguine (spelling???) Boxer and some other famous Boxer who's name evades us!!! Barry kept touching my Bum!!!!

On a plane back from Barbados, on the same plane as us was Frankie Detori and Jasper Carrot, Frankie really small, we where to tired to speak to them!!! Missed opportunity!!

My hubbie and I went for a meal in Bournemouth last week to the Red Panda celebrating 10 years of happy marriage when who should be sitting a few table away but, Jimmy Saville!!! Still looked the same, tracksuit and big gold medallion round his neck!!! We thought he was Dead!!!!

Don't think that this really counts but, as I am a huge fan had to include it, I am in Robbie Williams video that was made at Knebworth, I could see the sweat, still makes me go goose bumpy all over!!!!!

Think that just about does it!!!! No one really famous unfortunately will keep me eyes peeled in future!!!
Old Aug 21st 2005, 3:07 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
I saw Victoria Wood in Woolies in the Dales once.

She ignored me, despite grinning at her like a Cheshire cat

I think she thought I was mental
WOW, seen her in Manchester City Centre - seemed a lot smaller in real life.

Kylie Minogue and Michael Hutchince in Hari Krisha's in Darlinghurst Sydney . . . many moons of course.

Julian McMahon (NIp Tuck/Home & Away) bought me a drink in Paddington, Sydney many moons too. He was seeing the girl that played his missus in H&A at the time, her stage name was Karly I think??????

Airport - sad times now, the bird who was in 2 Point 4 Children, played Bill. The bloke from Queen that no-one knows his name at the airport in Biarritz, France with his family.

Belinda Emmett - we chatted at the cash desk at Grace Bros, Macquarie Centre.

Used to drink with Gary Palliaster, ex Man Utd & England International Soccer player.

Through work had lunch with Brett Lee and his brother Shane and served Alan Border a black coffee when he came to see us about sponsership.

Opps, nearly forgot, got drunk with the bloke from New Order - Barney I think his name was and seen Vic Reeves snort something up his nose in the Hacienda nightclub c 1990 - maybe it was Vics!

That's about it for name dropping! :scared:

Old Aug 21st 2005, 3:12 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, you namedropper...I reckon you've won the Thread Prize for most celeb shoulder-rubs
Naa I'm just old and been around a bit
Old Aug 21st 2005, 3:14 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey.........you have been around haven't you
Old Aug 21st 2005, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
Blimey.........you have been around haven't you
LOL more than I like to remember
Old Aug 21st 2005, 3:22 pm
BLC

LOL more than I like to remember
Life in the old bird yet eh Chicken

Old Aug 21st 2005, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by BLC
Life in the old bird yet eh Chicken
Just...my doctor told me not to buy any long playing records though
Old Aug 21st 2005, 3:27 pm
BLC

Just...my doctor told me not to buy any long playing records though
I take it that was the 78's opposed to the 45's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.