Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You will never guess who I was sitting next to today?

You will never guess who I was sitting next to today?

Old Aug 20th 2005, 5:06 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: You will never guess who I was sitting next to today?

I was going to make my contribution, but after reading all the above I don't think i'll bother

Old Aug 20th 2005, 5:47 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

I bumped into Brian May at a Joe Satriani gig in London a few years ago. My parents were huge queen fans and I had been bought up to believe this man is a god. We clashed, he appologised and walked away. I just stood there with my jaw on the floor Dan had a go at me afterwards for not saying anything to him, I was relieved I kept my mouth shut, as the only things going through my mind were "my mum loves you" and "I grew up listening to you"
Old Aug 20th 2005, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by manxfamily
I once sat in front of Sir Harry Secombe on a plane journey from the Isle of Man. Beat that!!!

And on another flight from the Isle of Man I sat near TV legend Richard O'Sullivan from that well known 70s sitcom Robins Nest!!

Oh to be famous!!
A couple of years ago, I went for a job interview near Cranleigh in surrey and ended up lost. I parked the car and went to a house to ask directions. The housekeeper didn't know, but invited me in to the mansion to phone the company to find out. I went into this gorgeous mansion house/semi mansion and made the call and left. Transpires it was Sir Harry Secombe's house!! I didn't actually see him, but hey, I was in his house, talking to his housekeeper. Does that count?

Also, those of you who aren't South African won't know her and probably some of you who are won't know her either, but I went to primary school with Patricia Lewis and even did gymnastics with her. She was a very nice girl.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 20th 2005, 6:05 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac
Vietnamese restaurant in East Perth today having the $5 lunchtime special

MENTAL AS ANYTHING

Either times are hard or this is the place to be if you're an iconic 80s Aussie.

Anybody else sat next to anyone or anything interesting lately?

Let's live it up!

He had just done a radio interview in East Perth, there playing at different venues over the weekend.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
My son plays soccer with John Noakes' (get down shep) grandson. I am on a committee for meningitis research with Norman Pace's wife Beverley. I am Robert Burns' great great great great great great niece. I have been on National TV talking about meningitis. My daugther used to have a pair of furry boots that were given to us by one of Rick Parfitt's wives.
Blimey Ann - Robert Burns' g g g g g g niece - that is some claim to fame - any literary overspill?

Friends of ours celebrate Burns night every january and we have such a laugh eating haggis, getting smashed and then trying to read his poetry!!
Old Aug 20th 2005, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

I spent a year working as a nanny for a family in a posh Buckinghamshire village, so it was an everyday occurance to bump into someone "famous".

I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find Cilla Black in the butchers, Eddie Large in the cinema and Dave Lee Travis in the newsagents.

And to top it all we lived next door to Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees !!!

Gill
Old Aug 20th 2005, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

I saw the British actor Jeffrey Palmer in a pub near Bledlow Ridge area in Buckinghamshire, around the time he was in "Butterflies" with Wendy Craig, which was a programme I really liked so I was dead chuffed.

I saw Rod Stewart at the reception desk at the Asia Hotel in Bangkok when I was staying there in 1985, he had whichever tall blonde lady he was with at the time, with him, can't remember her name, Kelly something I think.

I saw the lady that plays Von in All Saints in Myer Burwood one Christmas time, I was a Christmas casual. We were supposed to smile and greet everyone that came within 3 metres of us. I knew that I "knew" her but was racking my brains to think where from. I decided I must have served her before or she was a neighbour or something so I went up with a big warm smile and said "Hello, how are you?" like I really meant it, and she smiled back and said "fine" and I could see by her eyes she was racking her brains to remember who I was...
Old Aug 20th 2005, 3:49 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TopCat3
I saw the British actor Jeffrey Palmer in a pub near Bledlow Ridge area in Buckinghamshire, around the time he was in "Butterflies" with Wendy Craig, which was a programme I really liked so I was dead chuffed.
Bledlow Ridge! Bledlow Ridge! I can't believe that a place I used to go to village discos as a teenager is being mentioned on here. Stuart Copeland (drummer from the Police) had a place here back in the 80's and my vicarious claim to fame is that my sister went to his house and jammed!
Old Aug 20th 2005, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I shook hands with HRH Prince Andrew...at a "do" in Singapore. He's good looking and funny! we calculated he shook at least 500- 1000 hands that day, what a job!

Saw Derek Nimo shopping in Singapore(he was in a play there)

Stood next to Cliff Richard in church.
Rod Stuart & gf walked passed me in Harrods(I did a christmas job there many yrs ago)

Was at school in Aylesbury same time as John Otway(no 1 hit with bunson burner , made a sucess of being a failure ) he's several yrs older than me, was in same year as my b.f. we used to go & listen to him "sing/ play " in music room at lunch times.
He came along to our year group reunion last September and we had a great time singing along to a few of his sings. So impressed we went to his concert in Aldershot.

During the rugby world cup I flew from Alice springs to Melbourne and had rugby players in seats in front. As I had 3 seats to myself the steward asked if one of the larger guys could sit on the outside seat. He looked just like Martin Johnson. But I didn't like to ask! Anyone know if the England team had a trip to Alice Springs?
I know there are more but before I get laughed off BE I'll stop
Old Aug 21st 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by webgum
Bledlow Ridge! Bledlow Ridge! I can't believe that a place I used to go to village discos as a teenager is being mentioned on here. Stuart Copeland (drummer from the Police) had a place here back in the 80's and my vicarious claim to fame is that my sister went to his house and jammed!
Yes! Bledlow Ridge! How wonderful to find someone on here that's heard of it! I used to go to a pub there called the Three Horseshoes, the landlord was known affectionately as Monty. An old favourite of my ex and me. This is back in the 70's At one time I lived at West Wycombe, just outside the village, below the hill with the church with the golden ball. I used to walk my dog up on that hill and watch the sun set. (nostalgia).
Old Aug 21st 2005, 12:59 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TopCat3
Yes! Bledlow Ridge! How wonderful to find someone on here that's heard of it! I used to go to a pub there called the Three Horseshoes, the landlord was known affectionately as Monty. An old favourite of my ex and me. This is back in the 70's At one time I lived at West Wycombe, just outside the village, below the hill with the church with the golden ball. I used to walk my dog up on that hill and watch the sun set. (nostalgia).
ooh, I feel quite nostalgic. I used to play junior school netball against West Wycombe as a kid. I grew up in Bradenham, infact my younger sister got married there last year although my mum and dad don't live anywhere near anymore. Nostalgia runs deep.

I know the Three Horseshoes well! Was you house one that belonged to the National Trust?
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:22 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

I saw Elvis in the curry house in Somerville tonight. (70s version - white suit and big hair.)

Thank you very much.
Uh huh!
A
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really nice

ooh, I feel quite nostalgic. I used to play junior school netball against West Wycombe as a kid. I grew up in Bradenham, infact my younger sister got married there last year although my mum and dad don't live anywhere near anymore. Nostalgia runs deep.

I know the Three Horseshoes well! Was you house one that belonged to the National Trust?
Hold on this is my thread, I don't want you nostalgic Poms hijacking it. Look to the future not your village hall discos and rolling around in the hay with farm labourers etc!
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:38 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
My son plays soccer with John Noakes' (get down shep) grandson. I am on a committee for meningitis research with Norman Pace's wife Beverley. I am Robert Burns' great great great great great great niece. I have been on National TV talking about meningitis. My daugther used to have a pair of furry boots that were given to us by one of Rick Parfitt's wives.
Well that didn't rhyme

A
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes I know Bradenham, that dangerous bit of road with that bridge where you can't see what's coming, lost some schoolfriends in a horrific accident there around 1968. No my house wasn't National Trust, it was just outside the village on the A40 just before the village. Formerly part of the Dashwood Estate, one of about three pairs of old farm cottages with old slate rooves. The land was bought and redeveloped in 1977 and they were to be knocked down but the council put a preservation order on them so the developers tarted them up and sold them off cheaply. We renovated. I still go back and see it when I visit, have to peer through the knot-holes in the fence at "my" garden. Sad old bag really

Never mind your thread, Steve Zodiac, this forum is for British Ex-pats to share with one another whatever it pleases them to do so .

Now, back to topic...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.