Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are you the oldest sibling?

View Poll Results: Where do you fit in? Are you the oldest?
1st Child
52.02%
2nd Child
31.21%
3rd Child
8.67%
4th Child
3.47%
5th +
4.62%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Are you the oldest sibling?

Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are you the oldest sibling?

Just a thought, but I have been wondering how many of us going are actually first borns.

I am and I do seem to be the organiser, problem solver etc of the family. Curious to know if their is a link there.

Mandy
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all
Default Re: Are you the oldest sibling?

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Just a thought, but I have been wondering how many of us going are actually first borns.

I am and I do seem to be the organiser, problem solver etc of the family. Curious to know if their is a link there.

Mandy
nope a second born, and have done all the organising! ( all ways used to have to sort out older bro and his problems when we were younger) might be a gender thing though!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:17 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Third born

sorry I'm the dynamic one in my family all the rest are stay at homes who plod happily

I prefer adventure
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:20 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the youngest in my family.
My OH is the oldest.

Yet it's me doing all the organising for Oz

What's the point in marrying a first born if you have to organise everything yourself?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/image...es/redface.gif

Well you guy and gals aren't playing ball are you, my theory doesn't appear to be going well

Let's wait and see the overall figures though eh?

Mandy
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:30 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

I'm a first born, and was the organiser for our first time move to Oz and back again! LOL

However, from now on am leaving it to OH, if we ever decide to return to Oz in the future. However, as daughter has now decided to go back, I am trying to help her get organised, otherwise goodness knows where they would end up! She's an only child!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:31 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blossom
I'm a first born, and was the organiser for our first time move to Oz and back again! LOL

However, from now on am leaving it to OH, if we ever decide to return to Oz in the future. However, as daughter has now decided to go back, I am trying to help her get organised, otherwise goodness knows where they would end up! She's an only child!
We are both the first born and end up doing everything for everyone else!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm the first and only. My Oh is the second child. I am the mover and shaker, chief organiser and force of nature.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:36 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gotooz1
I'm the first and only. My Oh is the second child. I am the mover and shaker, chief organiser and force of nature.
I control the world!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Jojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really nice

Yes I am the eldest of 4!

I am the organiser, do-er, the most motivated, dynamic and adaptable one in my family. I see the results are 60+% for us eldest siblings. It does seem strange......!!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice

We are both 4th born and both youngest. We'll work it out eventually
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

1st born
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:52 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

We are both 1st born

Jx
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

mmm, it seems that I might be onto something after all

Mandy
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:38 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Oldest child and am the organiser - not just for the move to Oz but everything else as well. Husband is excellent at the cooking and cleaning stuff though - which is great . Kinda win/win as they say

Gina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.