Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Would you still emigrate if you won the Lottery

View Poll Results: Would you still emigrate if you won the Lottery ?
No, I would give up all plans about OZ/NZ
4.60%
No, I would stay in the UK but have more holidays to OZ/NZ
4.60%
Yes, but I would only stay there for long enough to get PR / Citizenship
9.20%
Yes, I wouldn't change my plans at all
81.61%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Would you still emigrate if you won the Lottery

Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jack Daws
These are the reason we arent going to NZ now. We dont have millions, but once we have down sized our propery we will have plenty of disposable income to do NZ/OZ/Europe at least 3 or 4 times a year.

Can you not do the same?

Sorry I dont mean to sound negative, but have you thought of this option?

No, you're not being negative at all....I think about these things all of the time. We've thought of the option of downsizing and moving closer to work for hubby and lots of other things too but you see we both want to do this move to Oz now we've started it. It's the old story of not wanting to say 'what if' in years to come, so we've got our heads around the fact we're going to go and give it at least a year and if we like it...we stay, if we don't we come back but we'll set up in a different part of the UK...probably Devon as that's where the parents will be and we'll need somewhere to crash!

I will admit though that I sometimes would like to jump off this crazy roller coaster and get back to living a normal life. My hubby says it's just fear...I don't know so much.....

Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:48 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you still emigrate if you won the Lottery

Where in Cornishville are you Bix?
I bee in da midst of clay country boy. Oooh Aarrr I am, I am.

Cee I was borne and bred and buttered ere under the shadews of the clay tips that emmits call mountuns.

Spent many a day as a lad toboganin down them in an old car mudguard. Could ave gone into a granite boulder anytime and gone A over T, or wuss. Danedrus as hell but we wus feerless and that wus the fun.

In actual fact old boy I live in a town called St. Austell which is in
mid Cornwall on the south coast. It's close to the Eden Project and the Carlyon Bay multi million pound beach development and Charlestown where many a film has been made.

In fact our German friend runs a B&B at the old fishing village of Charlestown if anyones interested !!

Why do u ask JD ?
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

gottogo is an unknown quantity at this point

We would still go and the money would provide the final piece of the jigsaw, ie; a personal man-servant to deal with all the bugs, poisonous beasties etc!!

Geoff
Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:05 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
I bee in da midst of clay country boy. Oooh Aarrr I am, I am.

Cee I was borne and bred and buttered ere under the shadews of the clay tips that emmits call mountuns.

Spent many a day as a lad toboganin down them in an old car mudguard. Could ave gone into a granite boulder anytime and gone A over T, or wuss. Danedrus as hell but we wus feerless and that wus the fun.

In actual fact old boy I live in a town called St. Austell which is in
mid Cornwall on the south coast. It's close to the Eden Project and the Carlyon Bay multi million pound beach development and Charlestown where many a film has been made.

In fact our German friend runs a B&B at the old fishing village of Charlestown if anyones interested !!

Why do u ask JD ?
Cos I's lived in Corn-wall for lets see now, best pah-rt of 8 years (87-95). Cambourne see. Tuckingmill :scared:

Used to frequent Qasars night club :scared:

Having relations with the local totty, if you know what I mean
Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

craigstacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Would be on our way even sooner! Life would certainly be a lot easier staying or going but particularly going

Same as Paul&Ann-Marie we need all the pennies we can muster at the moment, an extra million quid would ease things somewhat!!

I do know we won't be winning , as we live in Guernsey and Lotto tickets aren't sold over here.......have to try the NZ lotto when we get there
Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Andy Pandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool I won and its boring !!

Los Perales
Attached Thumbnails Would you still emigrate if you won the Lottery-house.jpg  
Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:26 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Cos I's lived in Corn-wall for lets see now, best pah-rt of 8 years (87-95). Cambourne see. Tuckingmill :scared:

Used to frequent Qasars night club :scared:

Having relations with the local totty, if you know what I mean
May have seen you at Qasars :scared:

It became Gossips but don't recommend it now cos it got bulldozed a couple of weeks ago as part of the new beach development

Did u like the laid back Cornish life ? Reckon we'll fit in with Ozzies fine
Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:30 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
May have seen you at Qasars :scared:

It became Gossips but don't recommend it now cos it got bulldozed a couple of weeks ago as part of the new beach development

Did u like the laid back Cornish life ? Reckon we'll fit in with Ozzies fine
Nah, interbred most of em

So you should fit in well in OZ

I was young so I didnt appreciate it. Now at the grand old age of 35, bring it on
Old Feb 20th 2004, 8:47 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Nah, interbred most of em

So you should fit in well in OZ

I was young so I didnt appreciate it. Now at the grand old age of 35, bring it on
My sister ....I mean my wife is insulted by that comment
Old Feb 21st 2004, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

sven37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OOOOOooooooo

That £1,000,000 would sooooooo get me to NZ......I'd get out on a Buisness visa then......

Don't think our chances are very high infact unles we win the lottery......

In fact all positivity from last week is getting worse! May stop phoning around for a bit.....
Old Feb 21st 2004, 7:42 am
Banned

Default Re: OOOOOooooooo

Originally posted by sven37
That £1,000,000 would sooooooo get me to NZ......I'd get out on a Buisness visa then......

Don't think our chances are very high infact unles we win the lottery......

In fact all positivity from last week is getting worse! May stop phoning around for a bit.....
Chin up girl

Where theres a will theres a way. The new points thing that was done this week will calm down to a realistic level soon. If you have set your hearts on it, get a working holiday visa and go over and have some fun. Then apply for a longer stay when your sorted

You will do it
Old Feb 21st 2004, 7:50 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

We would still go. The money would just make things a little easier. We are going for many reasons, the main one being quality of life. I work quite sensible hours compared to Andrew, he works 12 hour days 7 days a week. I want him to take things a bit easier, I might get to see him more often then.

Sarah